• Published 7th Jun 2015
  • 906 Views, 10 Comments

Nightmare Night out - Catrina37



Thorne the Bat Imp decides to take Fluttershy out on Nightmare Night while Discord is out. When he returns and finds out about the two, he becomes enraged with jealousy and leads the ponies on a chase.

  • ...
11
 10
 906

Legend of the Scarlet Bat

Ch. 5: Legend of the Scarlet Bat

A few minutes later, Twilight and the others are pulling Discord’s head out of the tree until they all fell.

“Discord, why don’t you just trust Fluttershy to see for herself?” Twilight inquires.

“Twilight, I trust Fluttershy completely,” he says, “It’s Thorne I don’t trust because he’s the type of dashing do-gooder girls go nuts over.”

“Don’t count on it,” Rep said, “He never had much luck with girls back in Tambelon. In fact, a lot of those girls just dated him because of his rich and noble lifestyle.”

“You don’t know Fluttershy like we do,” Rainbow Dash says.

“Indeed. Which is why I must find her before Thorne gets too romantic,” Discord says as he flies off with the others following, much to their frustration.

****

Meanwhile, Fluttershy and Thorne stopped over at a riverboat station run by a griffin.

Thorne pays him his bits as he rents the riverboat for Fluttershy and himself. Then, they sail down the river as the fireflies come out and glow the way for them.

Fluttershy giggles, “Don’t the fireflies look lovely on Nightmare Night, Thorne?”

“Indeed, and perfect for the special spot I am taking you to.”

“On the way over there, why don’t you tell me about the Scarlet Bat?”

“Sure, Fluttershy. I’d love to tell you about him...Centuries ago, long before Grogar took over as King, and shortly before the Moochik took power, Tambelon was called Midnight Valley, an evil place ruled by an evil rogue gargoyle named Balthazar, who forbade music and enslaved the creatures within. One gargoyle under his servitude could not stand to see the creatures he enslaved, but at the same time, he wouldn’t betray Balthazar for fear of what he could do. Then, the young gargoyle decided to sneak out and seek the guidance of a wise old gnome at a nearby forest. The gnome foretold that a mysterious hero of red shadow will stand against Balthazar’s evil and defeat him when the time has come. The gargoyle realized that he must be that hero, so with the help of the gnome, he put on a red cape, hat, and mask and became the Scarlet Bat! As the Scarlet Bat, he helped free the slaves and stole money back for the poor. He inspired the people to revolt against Balthazar. At that same time, he fell in love with a young maiden who was arranged to marry Balthazar, and the young maiden returned his affections. Their love for each other helped the Scarlet Bat to overthrow Balthazar. After their battle was fought, the Scarlet Bat’s gnome friend casted a spell, imprisoning Balthazar to the farthest reaches of Tartarus. After that, the people made the gnome the new ruler. That gnome was the Moochik, Fluttershy.”

“Really?” an impressed Fluttershy says, “Wow! What happened to the Scarlet Bat after that?”

“As the Moochik’s first decree, he knighted him and made him the first Knight under his command. Then, the Scarlet Bat was free to marry his maiden. The Moochik’s next act was to rename the valley Tambelon, which means “music bringer” in the gnomes’ ancient language. To this very day, the Four Codes of Tambelon Knighthood are based on the heroic actions of the Scarlet Bat.”

“What a wonderful story, Thorne! I can see why you look up to him.”

“The stories of him were what inspired me to become a knight like him. I hope to one day be seen as a hero and to find a maiden who will one day love me.”

“I hope you do find her.”

“I may have already.”

****

Back at the riverboat station, Discord arrives whilst the griffin counted his money.

“Did you see a bat imp with a yellow, pink-maned Pegasus go by?” Discord hurriedly asks.

“Yes. They came here not long ago and rented one of my riverboats,” the griffin replies.

“Then I’m on the right track!”

Discord flies up and zooms with Rainbow Dash, Twilight, and Scorpan following.

“Discord, slow down!” Twilight commands.

“No time! I have a romance-crazy squirrel with wings to stop!”

Discord took off in a grey version of the Sonic Rainboom, causing the three to go out in a tailspin.

“I’m sorry if this night is not turning out great for you and the others, Scorpan,” Twilight apologizes, “I really wanted your first night to be special.”

“It’s not your fault, Twilight,” Scorpan says, “Besides, this turning out to be more exciting than I hoped. Besides, at least we are having our first Nightmare Night together.”

Twilight smiles and blushes at Scorpan.

“Heh-heh! Looks like Thorne is not the only Tambelonian with a pony crush,” Rainbow Dash says to herself.