• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 485 Views, 11 Comments

Believing in Something that is True - Nightglimmer22



Nightglimmer had a dream, a wish upon a star that she could fly with the best. But how many hoops would she have to jump through to get it?

  • ...
1
 11
 485

Chapter 5: A Dream Come True

Chapter edited by: Brickbrock24


The air was dead with silence. No conversation stirred between the five ponies as they each stood transfixed at one another. Finally, the continuous lull ended with Fleetfoot saying,

"Uh... well, that was unexpected." Her eyes wandered around the circle of ponies and eventually landed on Spitfire. Spitfire had her eyes closed and her head down. She shook it from side to side trying to understand what she had just heard.

"I can't believe it," Mistfly said.

All Spitfire could do was nod. It was as if Mistfly took the thought right out of her head.

"But why?" Spitfire asked quietly.

"We are sorry, Spitfire, we do not know the answer to that," Luna said. A feeling of empathy filled Princess Luna’s mind.

"Well then, that’s what we have to uncover," Twilight said encouragingly.

"We also have to get in touch with Nightglimmer, whom you said was training at the weather factory," said Spitfire as she turned her head toward FleetFoot.

"Yes, that’s right," Fleet answered.

"I can get in touch will Rainbow Blaze through Rainbow Dash. Maybe then I can get to talk to Nightglimmer,” said Spitfire.

"We can travel into her dreams and attempt to speak with her," Luna chimed in.

"Then we have a plan!" Twilight said as her horn began to glow with a purple light. A scroll and quill appeared in front of her. She then began to create a list with the new found objects.


Glimmer was plagued with insomnia. She tossed and turned in her bed all night. All she could think about were the events that have transpired.

Questions kept nagging at her like a bothersome parent; questions that Glimmer wished she knew the answers to.

What was going on? Why was Openskies there and talking to that mare? Why did he seem so nervous?

Glimmer closed her eyes hoping the darkness would help her count sheep tonight. Darkness filled her vision with a dream. Within Glimmer’s dream was the mare wearing the dark flight suit. Glimmer couldn't see her face as it was veiled by darkness. The dream soon became darker and had an ominous vibe, making Glimmer feel uneasy. The mare was facing her, her wide wings spread out menacingly. Purple goggles with dark tinted lenses prevented Glimmer from seeing her eyes.

“Who are you?” Glimmer asked. She wasn’t sure what else to do in this situation.

Suddenly, the scene became nothing but swirling silvery blue clouds. Glimmer looked around in bewilderment, not understanding what was happening. Princess Luna suddenly landed in front of her, seemingly coming out of nowhere. Luna's horn lit up and a blue beam shot from it, striking the dark mare whom exploded into dust.

Princess Luna approached Glimmer, who was utterly dumbfounded in the heat of the moment. She just stood there staring at Princess Luna with her jaw dropped.

"P-Princess Luna?" Glimmer stammered, bowing her head in greeting. This was the second time she had seen the princess. The first time was during the Summer Sun Celebration.

"Hello, Nightglimmer," Luna said calmly, not wanting to put the already flabbergasted pony into shock. Luna turned around and motioned for Glimmer to follow, “Come, we have much to discuss.”

Glimmer followed the princess of the night. Soon the scene shifted to Canterlot, inside of the library. A fire from the fireplace faintly lit up the room. In front of the fireplace stood a small table with two elegant chairs. Luna gestured to Glimmer to sit in one of the seats while she took the other.

"Now," Luna said as she settled down. Her horn glowed light blue as two cups and a tea pot popped out from the air. She filled each cup with tea and floated one over to Glimmer. Glimmer kindly took the tea and took a sip. Surprisingly, she could taste in the dream world.

"Spitfire needs thou to come to the Wonderbolt Academy-"

"What?!" shouted Glimmer, her face was lit up with surprise and joy.

"Yes, we all need thy help to stop the Shadowbolts."

"You need my help?" Glimmer's excitement was short-lived, "What can I do to stop the Shadowbolts?"

"We think thou have the power, although we are not sure how," said Princess Luna.

"Yes, I can help," Glimmer said, ecstatic to be able to finally go to the Wonderbolt Academy, "How will I get there? I’m already registered on the Weather team."

"Spitfire is talking to Rainbow Blaze about transferring thou."

Glimmer nodded. She thought about what she was going to tell her father.

"We will see thou soon. Spitfire will come and escort thou to the Wonderbolt Academy."

"Thank you! Thank you! Oh, yes, sweet Celestia, THANK YOU!!" Glimmer shouted, overwhelmed with joy. She didn’t care that she was in front of royalty; Glimmer got up from the chair and started doing her happy dance. When Glimmer was done, the dream began to ebb away as Luna nodded and spread her wings in preparation to fly.


Glimmer woke up with a start. The sun had already risen. Glimmer looked around and realized she was the only one left in the dorm room. Glimmer hurried out of bed and out of the dorms to the shower area. She burst through the swinging door and trotted to the nearest stall available. Glimmer turned the knob to a warm temperature and sighed with relief as the water hit her back and mane. Reality struck her as she began to remember her dream and excitement began to pump through her. After lathering, rinsing, and repeating, Glimmer got out of the shower, took a towel from a nearby towel rack, and started drying herself off.

"Ms. Nightglimmer?" called a voice. Glimmer peeked her head out of the showering area and saw Rainbow Blaze trotting down the hall at a brisk pace. Alongside him was an orange mare with an orange and yellow mane. She was wearing a Wonderbolts uniform.

"Yes?" Glimmer answered, unsure how to feel at the moment.

"Spitfire has just talked to me and wants you to come to the Wonderbolt academy,” said Rainbow Blaze as he grinded to a screeching halt in front of Glimmer, “It appears she had seen you flying and was impressed with your abilities. Now, please go pack your bags and meet us in the lobby."

Glimmer nodded, she dashed away down the halls to her dorm. She didn't want to keep them waiting. Glimmer thought of the dream last night. Luna had told her that they needed her help to stop the Shadowbolts, so why did Spitfire say that she was going because of her abilities? Glimmer quickly gathered her things and headed out go the room.

"Hey, Glimmer! Where are you going?" A light pink mare said as Glimmer bolted past her.

Glimmer turned her head and shouted, "To the Wonderbolt Academy!"

"Whoa! How in Equestria did you get admitted there?! Best of luck to you!"

"Thanks!" Glimmer smiled as she trotted to the lobby. I'll need it, for what’s in store for me, she thought. Soon, the haunting questions had returned to Glimmer’s mind. But this time, they brought reinforcements. Anxiety began to fill Glimmer’s mind as she wondered what kinds of strings were attached to this opportunity of a lifetime.

Author's Note:

I give a special shout out to Brickbrock24, for he made this chapter something to live for.
Hope you guys enjoyed the story!