• Published 2nd Jun 2015
  • 980 Views, 15 Comments

Beyond Earthend - Brony For life 7



Earthend found, eternal content ensured. But what's that just past it. Are those....Ponies?

  • ...
2
 15
 980

The First to Fall

It was bright and early in the morning when the scout returned to tell them of any potential threat.

"Meden!" The Patapon tiredly let out.

"Yes, what is it?"

"They know! They have a wood wall around the whole place, I couldn't get in." The scout said with a defeated sigh.

"It's alright." Meden assured. "We didn't know word traveled so quickly. It sounds like they know something is coming, but they don't know that we're coming."

The rest of the tribe was already preparing for battle, forging some last minute weapons, cooking a delicious stew, and evolving Patapon with another new Matter.

"Who is going out today?" Meden asked Hatapon.

"We will be bringing the Tatepon, Yaripon, and Yumipon. They are the only ones that are fully equip for battle, and we have a large number of them." Hatapon concluded

With a nod she began to addressed the rest of the tribe.

"Everyone who is going on this mission line up in front of me in order!" Meden commanded.

Instantly the tribe began to rush, swords were grabbed, Patapon were tripped, and collisions were made. Soon a nice orderly line was made with a total of twenty-four Patapon warriors. with eight of each unit, not counting Hatapon.

"Now listen closely, we don't know what the enemy may have prepared so stay on your toes, and try not to destroy their buildings, we may be able to use those later. Now everyone enjoy the meal that Rah Gashapon made. Besides that, may you all return safely." Meden finished her announcement with a nod and entered her tent to plan the next attack.

The group that was going in cheered at the though of the stew that awaited them and Hatapon was wondering which miracles would be brought along. Soon the sound of a hammer pounding an anvil filled the air as everything returned to normal.

--------A Few Hours Later--------

The residence of Dodge Junction were on edge. They were told yesterday to prepare a defense, a wall, for an attack that would soon be upon them. Not wanting to take any chances the wood wall was constructed around the city as quickly as possible. They finished it late last night, not knowing who or what would be attacking.

In the town there were royal guards dotted around, sent from Canterlot to help protect the town. Everything was normal for most of the day. At quarter past noon though things began to get strange.

A few clouds began forming overhead, bright and white. The larger they got the darker they became. Soon they were pitch black and taking up the whole sky. Just as quickly rain began to fall. Despite the (few visiting) pegisi's efforts the clouds wouldn't budge, and were hard as stone when kicked.

The shower turned to a storm as winds picked up and thunder clapped. Everything was dark, even though it was the middle of the day. visibility coming only when lightning struck. Everyone went for their homes as the weather worsened. Soon the only ones left outside were the guards.

Through the sounds of rain and thunder another noise was heard, some kind of drum.

PATA PATA PATA PON

Just as quiet, if not more so, was the response.

"Pata Pata Pata Pon."

No pony knew what made the sounds, but it came back louder.

PATA PATA PATA PON

Again a return call. Closer, but still soft in comparison.

"Pata Pata Pata Pon."

The stormed seemed mute as a foreboding orchestra began to join the drums.

PATA PATA PATA PON!

The response was close, loud, and threatening.

"PATA PATA PATA PON!"

Outside of the walls the Patapon were ready to attack.

PON PON PATA PON!

As the command was given they couldn't help but sing along as their fever built up.

"PON PON PATA PON!"

Several spears and arrows struck the wall as the Tatapons moved in to get in range.

PON PON CHAKA CHAKA!

"PON PON CHAKA CHAKA!"

As they began to charge up the assigned guards started to attack.

PON PON PATA PON!

That was the last beat needed.

"FEVER!!"

The few dozen arrows and spears launched last time changed to hundreds, creating a downpour of lethal projectiles. The guards tried to shield themselves from the attack, but the force of the Tatapons uppercut caused them to lose focus and stagger. While none of them were killed, they were servery injured.

PON PON PATA PON!

The last attack brought the wall down with a crash.

PATA PATA PATA PON!

The army moved in, with little resistance from the far overwhelmed guards that were left up.

CHAKA PON DON PATA!

With this new command created for the war. The Patapon scattered around the city to round up the ponies in the city. It took a while, and ruined the Fever, but soon the town square was filled with all the pony residents. At spear and bow point they were taken prisoners. Hatapon tried to say something, but quickly remembered that they can't understand him. Pulling a Tatapon aside, he made some sounds and gestures at him. The Tatapon dashed back into the Everfree, and not long after came back with Meden.

As she approached she mumbled something before she began to speak to the group of ponies. "Hello citizens of Dodge Junction!" She began. "I'm sorry to inform you that we are currently at war with Equestria."

The crowd let out a surprised gasp. The faces of the ponies changed. some seemed even more frightened, while others seemed angry. The majority seemed sad though.

Noticing this Meden continued. "Yes, but we are not out to harm those who don't oppose us directly. As such non of you will be hurt so long as you don't try to attack us."

The crowd didn't seem to openly oppose. Not really knowing how to respond. Taking this as an 'alright' Meden went on. "Now you may all go back to your houses. Just know we'll keep an eye on you. while you won't be harmed you are prisoners of war. You will not be allowed to contact the outside, and if you try to escape it will be taken as the equivalent of an attack."

At that to ponies were getting worried. They never really knew war, none of then could of expected this. They wanted to say something, but they were all too afraid of what would happen if they did.

"We don't want to keep you all so confined and left out of your lives, but it must be done to assure our victory. Please try not to interfere."

With that Meden left, but not before saying something to the Patapon in her language. "We need to keep this place under watch. Half of everyone here will remain as guard. Two Tatapons from the staying will follow the trails and destroy the tracks in and out. If someone tries to enter bring them down and keep them with the rest of the civilians. if they openly attack bring it to me. We will be bringing you food every two days. Now decide who will stay and who will come back." Meden left as the others began to chat among themselves. Soon they sorted themselves and brought the ponies to their homes until all that were left out were the guards assigned to the location, both Patapon and ponies alike.

Four Tatapons grouped near the rails and went off both ways to cut off the tracks. They used their expertly forged weapons to chop, slice and bash the tracks until they looked like random scraps of metal and wood. They did this for about a quarter mile of tracks before they felt satisfied with their work and headed back to the town. With the rails cut off and the population captured the small settlement of Dodge Junction was the first, and quickest, town to become a part of the newly declared war.