• Published 2nd Jun 2015
  • 979 Views, 15 Comments

Beyond Earthend - Brony For life 7



Earthend found, eternal content ensured. But what's that just past it. Are those....Ponies?

  • ...
2
 15
 979

The Bad News

Meden was just finishing the retelling of the battle that was wrapped up only a few moments before.

"..And that's when you all came in."

She of course left out the 'rain' as well as the chase.

"After you agreed to leave them alone they STILL decided to attack you." Rainbow Yelled. "And while you were just waking up to!?"

"Yes, I believe they thought of us as weak pry, another meal to feed themselves."

Silence, the rest of the girls weren't used to the idea being seen as walking meat.

"Speaking of eating." Meden began "Our tribe has run out of food supplies. We may starve if we don't get anything soon."

Another Patapon that followed Meden into the room made a sound.

She gave a look of surprise. "No we can't do that, not without permission at least."

"Do what?" Fluttershy was curious on what the Patapon had in mind.

Meden seemed a bit worried about bringing it up, but not having many options went on. "Fish. We know hunting is not allowed. Fishing though, while a more foreign concept to us. Is not out of reach. With your permission we could try."

Knowing that for any other animal she would give them fish from a pond, she couldn't see any harm in letting them get the fish themselves.

"Alright, just make sure not to empty the pond."

A look of joyful gratitude was on Meden at the answer. "Oh thank you Fluttershy, not only will this feed us but it may invigorate our hunters as well. I'll go tell them!"

She was out the door, the one Patapon remained to make sure she doesn't miss anything.

"Twilight, did you send the letter to Celestia?"

Twilight completely forgot about the letter. "Oh yea, and I received a reply this morning."

Taking out the scroll she read.

"My dearest student.
I'm happy to hear these, Patapon are friendly and willing to cooperate. As for this 'IT' they speak of, I may have something that can help them on their journey. Though I will have to look a bit to find it, I believe I came across something of that description in one of the ancient book in the palace library. If it's where I remember then I should be their by noon to meet with them.

Sincerely, Princess Celestia."

"So she's coming to visit?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes, if the letter is right."

Meden walked back in.

"They where very happy to hear the news! Now where were we?" She looked to Twilight. "Oh yes, did you want to finish your questions?"

Another thing Twilight neglected to remember in the rush. "I forgot about the interview, give me a second."

In a flash she was gone, a few seconds later she was back it the same fashion.

"Okay, I have only a few more questions." She took out the same quill and scroll as the other day.

Meden sat down and got comfortable. "Ask away!"

Quill in grasp, of her magic of course, she started the line of questioning.

"I doubt it needs to be asked now, but for documentation. Why do you always have weapons wherever you go?"

"Well, usually we wouldn't." She admitted. "Only the troops when we send them on a mission. Now, without any specific quest and in a new land, it's better to be safe than sorry."

Twilight nodded in agreement. "Especially after today. If you don't mind me asking, how do you reproduce? You mentioned having larger forces at one point."

Meden was visually blushing from the question.

"Yes well, we don't exactly reproduce. While the life of a Patapon isn't particularly long, we always had something of a memento to continue the blood line. By burring said memento under Mater, the tree of life they were reborn. This is also how we made more troops, with the memory of great warriors."

As the interview continues, the Patapons took it upon themselves to explore the local area, AKA the Everfree. Now that the beast were gone, it seemed safe to search for any seeds to grow some food.

"Do you see anything?"

"Nothing noteworthy!....Wait. I found something!"

Rushing over, the scouter Patapon was holding something very familiar.

"Is that?...We have to tell Meden!"

Back in the cottage the last question was being answered.

"...And that's all I remember before Earthend." Most of the group was in aw at the story. Heropons, massive cloud creatures, dinosaurs, and even demons. It was a bit much to take in, but in the end it left them with even more questions. They would have to wait however as a knock was heard on the door.

"I'll get it."

Fluttershy oped the door to reveal Celestia with a royal guard of both side of her.

"Princess, is it noon already?"

She gave a silent nod with a gentle smile as she walked in. Both guards in tow.

The Patapon next to Meden made a sound.

"Oh really?"

Meden went up to introduce herself.

"Hello Princess Celestia, my name is Meden and I think I speak for all the Patapons when I say it's in honor to make your aquatints."

Something in her smile changed, though strangely enough, only Pinkie really noticed.

"And it is a pleasure to meet you, if you don't mind I need to speak with Twilight and her friends for a moment. Alone."

Meden had a closed eye that would belong to a smiling face. "No problem at all, I need to check on the tribe anyhow."

Walking out the door along with her assistant, they left the ponies to talk in privacy.

"Now I need to tell you something, it's rather unsettling."

Pulling out a book she turned to a page and let the rest of the group see it.

"Back in ancient times, before even I was alive. Their was a mighty tribe, obsessed with trying to find 'IT'. This lead them to travel the lands in search of 'IT'. Destroying anything, or anyone who went ageist them."

The rather old book depicted small round creatures with some form of sticks walking around what was presumed to be Equestria.

"The name of the tribe, the Patapon."

This cause all present to gasp in surprise.

"It is said that many wise and powerful unicorns sent them to another world where they could continue to march, fight, and live. Though there was one catch. This world was much like a piece of paper in that it had an edge, an end."

"Earthend.." Twilight said, putting it together.

"Yes, and now that have returned, still seeking 'IT' no doubt history will repeat itself.."

Suddenly there was a rapid knocking on the back door.

"Come in." Fluttershy said.

Meden burst in filled with energy, excitement clear in her voice.

"The Patapon scouts found the Mater sprout!"

"What?"