• Published 30th Mar 2016
  • 242 Views, 0 Comments

Afraid - Short Stories 2



Stories I have been nervous about submitting or unsure how to finish

  • ...
 0
 242

Part Time Job: Sell Artwork!

"I can try somewhere else, but, where? Oh! I know!" She said, rushing over to her table. Scooting over the pile of bills, making some drop to the floor, she found what she was looking for. A flyer for an art show in Hoofington.

"This is perfect!" She exclaimed, flying a bit into the air and hugging the flyer to her chest. Landing, she set the flyer on the table and began to look at it for the fiftieth time since she got it. "There going to start this art show soon." She mused to herself. "I can't wait to put my artwork on display and, seeing my artwork, will inspire others to buy it! I better start packing for this. I think it'll run for about a week."

After she finished packing, Pastel flew off towards Hoofington. Shortly after arriving, she signed up for the art show and immediately displayed her work the day before it started, then checked into a hotel and went to sleep. The next day, she went back to her display and waited for the ponies to come and buy her art.

She soon noticed that a mare across the street was getting more attention than her. A huge crown surrounded this mare's artwork, making it hard for Pastel to see her competition. One one or two ponies have been by, and nopony had bought anything yet.

A small gap in the crowd formed. Abandoning her post, she trotted over to see what was happening, and it didn't take long. This pony had the most beautiful photography she'd ever seen! She felt inspired by the pony's work, but, she also felt a little jealous. And she hated the feeling of jealousy more than anything. Her vision was slightly tinted red at the sides.

She tried everything she could to calm down a lose the jealousy, but, nothing seemed to work. Then, an idea hit her. It was an awful idea, but, it was the only thing that seemed to work.

"OK, everypony, me and the artist have a few words to discuss." She said aloud. "You can come back later." Groaning in disappointment, everypony left. Pastel closed the pink and red curtains that hung around the fantastic artwork and turned to the artist.

"What do you want?" The artist asked, clearly annoyed that Pastel drove her crowd away. "I was in the middle of selling a painting!"

Pastel turned and bucked as hard as she could, sending the artist flying. Pastel went over to check if she had a pulse. She didn't feel any. Excellent. She thought, then flew back to her hotel room, her guilt and jealousy gone.

She now kills anypony that makes her jealous, and she'll never be the same.

Bad End 1: Pastel is Inspired

Start over?