• Published 27th Jul 2015
  • 1,221 Views, 26 Comments

Pokémon Solar Advanced Generation - The Gamer Master Archive



The ponies of Equestria come to the world of Pokémon in search of their new world.

  • ...
6
 26
 1,221

Petalburg Catch

After we made it through Route 101 and Oldale Town, we began to hear some noises on Route 102.

"Hello~, Anypony home? Golly, there should be somepony around here that can talk to me aside these raccoons! Or this pink caterpillars!" A voice said.

"Uh, Applejack, do you think that may be one of your friends?" I asked her, on my shoulder.

"It's gotta be. Ah'd remember her voice anywhere. That's Pinkie Pie." She told us.

As the 3 of us got closer to "Pinkie Pie" as Applejack called her, we both then noticed something. "That's a Lotad!" We both shouted.

"A what?" Applejack responded.

"A Lotad, a Water-Grass type Pokemon common in these areas. I think that I catch it." I said holding out my Poké Ball.

Apparently, Pinkie Pie heard us and ran towards us. "I'd recognize that voice anywhere! Applejack is that you?!"

"Yes Pinkie, it's me. Do you know where the others are?" Applejack asked getting off my shoulder.

"Sadly no. Though I did sense Fluttershy past this city coming up." Pinkie said pointing towards Petalburg City.

"That's where my dad works!" I shouted.

"What do you mean Brendan?" May asked.

"My dad's the Gym Leader of Petalburg City!"

"So that's where your Pa is? I was wonderin' where he was since he wasn't at yer house." Applejack said.

"So let's go Brendy! Petalburg's waiting for us!" Pinkie Pie said jumping and hitting the button on the Poké Ball in my hand. After a while of shaking the ball stays closed, meaning that Pinkie Pie the Lotad is now my Pokémon.

"That was so unfair! How come you got to catch her?" May exclaimed at me.

"Calm down, she just kinda jumped in my Poké Ball! I honestly didn't catch her!" I said as innocently as possible.

"Hmph, fine. But once we get to Petalburg Woods, I get first capture, deal?"

"Deal. Anyways let's go!"


May and I eventually got to my Dad's Gym. As we walked inside not only did we see a dojo-like quality, along with my dad himself.

"Hm? Well if it isn't Brendan! So your all finished moving in?" Dad asked me.

"Yeah, Dad, we've seemed to move in quite nicely. By the way, this is my friend, May." I said pointing to May. "We're on a journey together."

"I never knew your dad was a Gym Leader!" May said shockingly.

"Half of our family consists of Gym Leaders. I see you also have some Pokémon with you." Dad said as he looked at my belt with Applejack's and Pinkie's Pokéballs.

"Looks like your trying to be a trainer like me! Have you thought about the Pokémon League?" Dad asked me.

"I haven't exactly thought about it to be honest, though I think it sounds like a good idea for training tons of Pokémon!" I said with a smirk.

"Then it's settled!" May shouted with glee.

"If you're going to challenge the League, then I recommend Rustboro City's Gym. Eventually you will fight me, but that will be for when you get stronger. By the way, I think that a trainer with green hair named Wally just left when you arrived. I actually helped him catch a Ralts!"

"That's actually a pretty rare Pokémon around Route 102!" May and I both exclaimed.

"Yep! If you hurry now you may be able to catch up to him!"

"Okay Dad! I'll see you later! Especially once I get stronger!" I said as May and I run outside to Route 104 to catch up with this, Wally.


"Okay Ralts, I-I know you can do it! Use Psywave!" Wally said attacking an Azurill in the grass. "Okay, I think now I just through my Poké Ball and hya!" He said as he through the ball. After it brought the Azurill into the ball, it shook three times and stayed closed, otherwise meaning, that Azurill was his. "We did it Ralts! We caught a Pokémon all on our own!" Wally shouted in excitement as he and Ralts jumped for joy.

"He looks like a bigger rookie than you Brendan!" Applejack said as it got Wally's attention.

"Well we are just starting out, wait, wh-who said that? I kinda saw both of you behind me but neither of you talked." Wally said.

"Ralts, Ralts." His Ralts replied equally confused.

"My name's Brendan."

"And I'm May."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Wally."

"Apparently you can hear them talk as well. I don't know why but for some reason we're able to understand some of our Pokémon." I said.

"Surprisingly enough, I can't understand my Mudkip through speech." May said while scratching her head.

"Neither can I with Ralts." Wally said. Just then a wild Wingull attacked May and grabbed Treecko's Poké Ball.

"Oh no! I have to get that Pokémon back!" May shouted as she ran after the Wingull.

"I'm gonna help you guys!" Wally said.

"Alright, let's go after her!" I said as we ran after May inside Petalburg Woods.