• Published 27th May 2015
  • 1,839 Views, 27 Comments

At the Grand Galloping Gala - Letsmlpbro



A heart broken Shining Armor runs into Rainbow Dash at the Gala and they soon fall for each other.

  • ...
17
 27
 1,839

Him

Shining rolled over on his bed, letting out a single grown. He still couldn't believe that the love of his life, Princess Cadence, had ended their engagement. What troubled him even more so was her reason. Another stalion had come into play.

He had loved her for so many years and had used all of his effort to keep her as his own. Was he not good enough? Had he become too weak? Shining Armor wiped his face as a new assault of tears commenced. He sobbed quietly into his pillow for the millionth time. Only when her heard the sound of his door handle turning did he buck up and push down his emotions. He rolled over so he was facing away from the door. "I told you dad, I don't want to go out tonight."

"It's not dad." his sister stated softly as she stood in the door way.

Armor closed his eyes tightly. "What do you want sis?"

"Well, I though maybe we could. . ." the Princess seemed to hesitate before continuing, then sighed, "Listen brother. You've been cooped up in your room for almost five months now. You need to get out and talk to some ponies before you go, well. . .crazy. Look, I have two tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala, and-"

"No Twilight." Shining cut her off with a wave of his hoof. "Cade-. . .we used to go to that together. It wouldn't feel right without her at my side."

The soft clicks of Twilight Sparkle's hooves filled the empty space in the room as she approached her brother's bed. "She won't be there, I promise. She has her own Empire to take care of now." the mare paused before continuing. "Big Mac is going and Sorin will be there. It'll do your soul good to get out of these walls."

Reluctantly, Shining Armor rolled over to face his sister. Her purple eyes sparkled at him with a gentle kindness that only Fluttershy could match. A smile crept upon his lips. "Alright Twily, I'll go. But only because you say it will be good for me."

"I promise, you'll feel so much better afterwards." she gave a smile back to him along with a golden ticket.


Shining felt awkward walking into the castle without a proper date. Twilight quickly abandoned him to go talk with Princess Celestia. Armor sighed as he walked through the castle alone. He didn't pay much attention to the things or ponies around him. He thought he saw Big Mac with Fluttershy at one point, but it was so crowded in the main hall he couldn't be certain.

Eventually he found himself outside on one of the many decks in the castle. He looked over the railing to the ground below, then up to the starry sky. He sat their for minutes on end, watching the stars hang in the air.

The sound of soft hoof steps made him snap back into reality. He turned, happy to see a familiar face. "Hey Rainbow Dash. I didn't know you were coming to this event."

The rainbow colored mare walked up to the stalion and sat next to him. "All of my other friends came, so why wouldn't I? Besides, Scootaloo wanted to see the castle."

"So, that little filly is your plus one?" Shining chuckled.

"Mhm." Dashie nodded, a sharp beautiful movement that caught Shining Armors eye.

He looked at the blue coated beauty. Her normally free flowing hair had been braided to one side, keeping her mane back so you could see her bright pink colored eyes. Her dress was an array of color; a dress obviously made by the one and only Rarity.

He swallowed, suddenly nervous. "It's a beautiful night."

Rainbow looked at him with a puzzled glare before returning her gaze to the stars. "It really is." she stated before falling into silence.