• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 1,762 Views, 87 Comments

Aria and Sonata Have a Prank War - Glitch Hooves



A war has been started, a prank war, that is. Only one winner can be determined as the lines of 'too far,' are beaten to a senseless pulp.

  • ...
2
 87
 1,762

Jeepers Creepers, Sonata! Where'd You Get Those Peepers?

date: 2/05/2009

5 years, seven months, and twenty two days before 'Endgame'

Day started normally; just about as anyone would've expected. We woke up, we cleaned ourselves up, we had breakfast. Than we sang as people were shouting at one another at the top of their lungs for a few hours, and came back. Just a regular day, really.

Sonata finds it boring, Adagio is constantly pushing we go for an all nighter all the time considering we actually don't need sleep. Me? I find it meh.

Say what you will, but watching people scream at each other is a form of entertainment money can't buy. But after a few hundred years, it lost its impact. Specifically after wars stopped occurring when we sang. Just looking across a battlefield, soldiers and horses strewn about with random weapons scattered everywhere, I just look down and think.

'Yeah... I did that.'

It lost its charm once that stopped, humans decided to be a little more 'peaceful,' one downside to peace: it's @%!*$?& boring! I preferred it back when we could watch people battle to the death, and it wasn't deemed "unethical!"

Bunch of bull.

Sonata found a way to keep herself entertained now, She was a big fan of old fashioned music. Gramophones and jazz, that kind of crap. I hated it. She liked to collect old records and music boxes for some weird reason. Sometimes she would blast one of those things out loud to where it made a screeching noise! And those music boxes! Don't even get me started!

I feel as a joke she just plays those things at the strangest times. I woke up in the middle of the night and wanted to get a glass of water, I could hear one of her dammed music boxes playing in her room. Freaking creepy cause it was FOUR in the morning. I don't know whats creepier: the fact that she stood up all night playing that thing, or the fact she finds it... soothing.

Needless to say, I didn't get up. Not because I was scared! I just feel like if I look into her room while she's doing that, she'll be in the center of the room, looking away from the door. She'll stop turning the box, and suddenly turn towards me with the sound of cracking bone and whisper, "hello, sister!" in a demonic voice.

Screw those music boxes. Screw them, and everything they stand for.

Only thing I hate more than her music boxes is this one song in particular. She always blasts it high enough to hurt our eardrums and just below so it doesn't screech like a disemboweled cat.

Not only that!

she sings along with it as well. I don't know what, but something about that song is just... unsettling.

"I don't care what the weatherman says when the weather says it's raining. You'll never hear me complaining,

There she goes again! Blasting it to the point where it can affect the way you think! It's not brain cancer, it's mind cancer!

"I don't care what the weather vain says when the weather vain points to gloomy, you gotta sunny too me, when your eyes look into mine.

Jeepers Creepers... where'd you get those peepers?

Jeepers Creepers... Where'd you get those eyes?"

I just planned on going to my room and wait out the rest of the day. Now even that's ruined! Sonata never listens to me, and Adagio was out learning this new town inside and out, so she couldn't tell her to shut it, I just had to wait this out.

Thankfully, a ray of hope shined for once when the power suddenly cut out. It was already night so it was pitch black now. I couldn't even see my own hand in front of my face.

I heard Sonata shriek from inside her room and the sounds of scrambling came from inside. Usually when the power goes off she does one of two things: she either hides under her bed, or she clings to one of our legs till it comes back on. By the sound of things, she's gong to hide till summer comes around.

I took a step forward to head to my own room when I heard something.

Sounded like footsteps were coming from behind me.

'Must be Adagio... wait?'

She was still out!

Now that I think about it... how'd the power go out? It wasn't storming at all, and there weren't even any electrical repairs or anything.

How'd it...? Oh crap!

Slowly backing up, I made a very controlled walk to my own room. My heart was starting to the pound in my chest as the sounds of footsteps continued in the living room.

'Do they have a flashlight? Oh god, please no!'

I heard the intruder walk just outside the hall and stop. I didn't dare move, I may be strong on my own, but I dot think I could handle a knife very well... or a gun.

It sounded like he was about to go away when I started to back up again. I really need to pay attention to where I'm going, cause I slammed myself right against the door. The loudest slam ever echoed across the house. I stood there in silence as no sounds seemed to echo anymore. That was unsettling

I could hear the sound of rushing footsteps coming from the living room! And they were heading right for me!

Instinctively grabbing the doorknob, I turned it.

It was locked.

I could hear the intruders footsteps down the hall and he was sprinting.

At this point, all hell broke loose.

"OPEN! OPEN! OPEN YOU PIECE OF !@%# DOOR!!"

Suddenly, the lights switched back on, and the sound of running footsteps stopped.

Right behind me...

Taking in the situation, I stared at the black door that led to the safety of my room. So close yet so far. I knew the intruder was right behind me, and I was way too afraid to turn around.

You may ask yourself. 'Why wasn't I singing?' In those situations, common sense is replaced with fear, and you don't think, you just act. And even if my brain wasn't swimming in adrenaline, it still needs time to take affect.

Very, very slowly, I turned around.

I was expecting a lot of things. I was expecting your average garden variety burglar, I was expecting a hockey masked killer, I was even expecting a bat out of freaking hell. I got something much worse.

It was Sonata, but... twisted. Her shirt was torn and bloody, almost like she was swimming in a pool of blood, and her eyes. Her eyes were gone, not just that, they looked like they were ripped from her face with a set of claws. There was dried blood going down her face and neck; and her throat looked... shredded. She looked forward at me, as if expecting me to do something. Then she spoke. It was as if she were pleading, but at the same time, terrified.

"Where'd you get those eyes?"

####

Sonata was expecting a lot of things, she was expecting Aria to scream, she was even expecting to get punched in the face. what she really wasn't expecting was for her to scream, and fall down on the floor. She also curled up into a ball.

Sonata had planned out the prank like this. She left a tape recorder in her room and set it to play, she timed it to scream the moment she cut the power so it would seem more real. Once that was over, she would pretend to stalk Aria and corner her.

Worked a little too well...

She just looked down at her sister, unsure of what to do. She wasnt expecting her to react like this, she was expecting her to just jump a little and play it off. Not this!

'Was my makeup really that scary? I thought it was silly' she thought.

she sat down beside her sister and started to take off the makeup, smearing it all over her face and neck in the process. Then she started to stroke Aria's head a little to calm her down.

"Aria, are you okay?" she asked in a soothing tone.

She didn't answer her, she just kept mumbling to herself.

It was only after a few more minutes of stroking did Sonata finally get a reply.

"Sonata?" a timid voice asked.

"Yeah, Aria?" she asked.

"You know that me and Dagi love you, right?," Aria whispered.

"Yeah, of course," Sonata comforted, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Promise me you'll never leave us."

"What? Yeah... sure."

"I SAID PROMISE!" Aria suddenly barked.

"Okay! I promise!" Sonata said; suprised by her sister's sudden outburst.

She continued to stroke her sisters hair in the now silent house.

####

3 hours later

Adagio had stepped inside their new home and took off her shoes. After pushing them to the side, she started to walk to the living room to call for her sisters. When passing the hall though, she spotted two figures at the end of it. It turned out to be Sonata stroking the head of a now passed out Aria. Sonata's face was smeared with dry makeup and a strange choice of clothes. it looked like she was drenched in food coloring.

Sonata looked up at Adagio and seemed to mouth something.

"Help me, please," she whispered.

Adagio's only reply was to take out her phone and point it towards the two with a large shit-eating grin.

"I'm uploading this," she whispered.

Author's Note:

This chapter was brought to you by!

Try and imagine this guy popping his head around the corner going. "Hey! Want some girl scout cookies?"

Also, if you cant picture Sonata's makeup, here's a visual aid.

As always, help me spot any mistakes I made, and thanks for reading.