• Published 1st Jun 2015
  • 976 Views, 10 Comments

You Needed Love... - DiscordFan



Twilight finds a changeling nymph abandoned in Ponyville. What will she do?

  • ...
3
 10
 976

I

I was doing my usual routine as a princess: wake up, eat, do an open court, lunch, read, dinner.

So far, this is what my list looked like:

Wake up.
Eat.
Do an open court.
Lunch.
Read.
Dinner.

I was currently heading over to Sugarcube Corner, courtesy of Pinkie Pie's request. Since I was going over, I decided I would stay for lunch.

But I had to stop my trot when I heard whimpers and cries. There was nopony I could see on the road. I perked my ears, so I could distinguish where the sound was coming from.

Slowly, I trotted over to the right where the sound seemed to be coming from. A few ear flicks later, I was in front of a cardboard box where the sounds were loudest. With much caution, I opened the flaps of the box.

I will never, ever, ever, ever forget what I saw.

It was a black changeling nymph with a messy, navy blue mane with a teal streak. At the base of her blue insectoid wings were little feathers, and her horn was gnarled and holey. Her eyes were catlike and baby blue. She had a few holes in her legs, but not a lot.

And she gazed at me with big, sorrowful eyes. Dry tears could be seen on her face.

I glared at her hatefully as memories of Shining Aromor's and Cadence's wedding flooded my mind.

Tears began runniing down her cheeks. My expression soften.

How did nopony notice you? I levitated the nymph out of the box. She immediately began to struggle in my magical grasp. Tears ran down her cheeks at surprising speeds.

"Sh, sh, shh," I whispered. I began to rock the nymph back and forth. "It's okay... I won't hurt you."

The nymph stared at my with quivering eyes. She sniffled and sneezed.

I giggled. "Good bless you," I said while nuzzling her. She giggled and gurgled playfully.

Suddenly, I saw pink and red stuff seep out of my chest. The nymph opened her mouth and... ate?.. it eagerly. She smacked her lips and cooed at me. She folded her ears and nuzzled me.

Wait... What just happened? Is this how changelings obtain love?

Then, she said one word that put me in a state of shock: "Mamma..." She fell asleep.

I teleported me and her to my castle library. I nestled into my couch, still levitating her, until I was in a comfortable position. Carefully, I brought the nymph into my hooves, and I began to cradle her and rock her back and forth. She cooed in her sleep.

"Mamma," she mumbled. She turned in my hooves for the sake of comfort.

By Celestia and Luna almighty, the nymph thinks I'm her mother... Mother Faust, please help me...

The nymph suddenly struggled in my grasp. She opened her mouth and made high pitched sounds. I folded back my ears to make as much noise fade as I could.

Tears began rolling down the nymph's cheeks. "Mamma! Mamma!!"

"Sh, shh," I whispered. "Um, Mamma is here... Yeah, Mamma's here... It's okay, um..." Huh. I should name her, but what.

Let's see... Black, blue, and teal. I can't really work with that. Now that I think about it, her mane and tail look like BBBFF's mane and tail. That's strange. Why in Equestria would a changeling have the mane of my broth-

Sweet Celestia... Did the changeling queen, Chrysalis, have sex with my brother!?!!

Wait... But the changeling refered to me as her mother... Is that because I'm the first being she saw, or is it because I smell familiar? Maybe Chrysalis was carrying a small amount of Shining's DNA. But, then again, we know nothing of changelings. For all I know, Chrysalis can pick the appearance of her nymphs!

I groaned. I still hadn't thought up a name for her.

I stared with frustrated curiosity at the nymph. Black, blue, teal. Black, blue, teal.

Teal is usually to describe nebulas seen through telescopes or the sea. Black is usually to describe darkness. Blue is usually to describe the sky...

The nymph turned in my hooves again and muttered, "Mamma..."

I nuzzled the nymph who cooed appreciatively upon receiving more love of the pink and red mist that seeped out of my chest.

Hmm... Changelings also digest love...

I smiled. As I nuzzled the nymph again, I whispered, "Don't worry. Mamma is here, Midnight Love."

The nymph gurgled and cooed. "Mimight... luv... Mamma..."

Suddenly, Spike ran in waving a letter in his claw. He froze when he saw Midnight Love.

He sputtered out, "Tw-Twilight?"

"Yes, Spike," I replied nuzzling Midnight again.

"Why do you have one of those?"

I felt my coat bristle slightly. A growl clutched my throat. Anger burned in my mind. I gritted my teeth and managed to grumble out, "Spike, don't you ever call Midnight Love something that vile of attitude. I expect you to respect your new sister."

Spike's eyes bulged from his face. "Sister?!"

"Yes, Spike. I'm going to be this nymph's mother. I found her on the street in a box..." I nuzzled her again. "... and now I'm going to care for her and love her." I shot a glare at Spike. "And you're going to be a kind and loving brother!"

Midnight Love began to blubber at my raise of voice. I glanced at her with worry and began to gently shush her again. Spike gawked at the scene.

He shook his head before holding up the letter again.

"Princess Celestia needs you right now, Twilight."

I furrowed my eyes. "What for?"

He shakily held out the letter. "See for yourself."

I skimmed the letter. My eyes widened as I charged a teleportation spell that sent me, Spike, and Midnight Love to the Canterlot Castle Grounds.

A few guards lost their unchanging expressions for a split second upon seeing an alicorn, a dragon, and a changeling appear in deont of them.

"Nothing to see here," I said. "Just Princess of Friendship coming through by Celestia's orders." I began walking toawrds them. "Step aside, please." They parted, and Spike and I, with Midnight in my magical grasp, trotted to the interior of the castle.