• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 2,890 Views, 40 Comments

Chaos at Mach 20 - KGB-Agent9347



Discord feels Equestria has become too peaceful. He enlists a certain octopus teacher. Minor chaos ensues. Nurufufufu...

  • ...
8
 40
 2,890

House Guest Time

Korosensei stumbled out of mirror into Discord's living room, nauseous from the inter-dimensional trip. He looked over his shoulder and stared at the device that transported him to this unknown world while struggling to stand up. All he saw was a horse-shoe shaped mirror connected to a television via several cables. The mirror's frame was filled with a swirling yellow vortex. Not what I was expecting from an interdimensional portal

Discord emerged through the mirror portal several moments later, snapping his fingers, causing it to disappear. He tossed the backpack aside and flashed a gracious smile. "I hope you had pleasant trip, Korosensei." Discord knit his brow at the prone teacher. "Tell me, do you feel any different? Traveling between worlds can take a lot out of you."

Korosensei got to his feet, slowly regaining his composure. A cursory glance revealed nothing out of the ordinary. Neither his clothes nor his body had been altered in any way. A quick trip across the room confirmed his ludicrous speed was still intact. He let out a relieved sigh. "Everything seems to be alright." Korosensei then cast a wary gaze at the draonequus. "Was something supposed to happen?"

"No! Nothing at all!" Discord exclaimed, waving his arms placatingly. The mirror had always been used by citizens of Equestria to enter other worlds, never the other way around. He had taken a huge risk by bringing Korosensei through the portal. There was no telling what could have happened. Fortunately, these fears seemed to be unfounded. Discord relaxed and slumped against the wall. "Please, make yourself at home."

Korosensei wasted no time in taking up Discord's offer, taking off at Mach 20. It took him less than a second to tour the entire house and explore every room. Aside from a few surreal design choices, it was fairly ordinary house. Discord only saw Korosensei flicker momentarily accompanied by a miniature shock-wave.

As the dust settled, he noticed Korosensei was eating the last apple from the kitchen. "I never imagined the Lord of Chaos living in such a modest home." Korosensei remarked offhandedly between bites.

Discord was shocked by Korosensei's bluntness, never expecting such a comment about his home. Granted, the Smooze was the only other thing to ever see inside of Discord's home, and he doesn't speak. This was uncharted territory for Discord given his past as an evil overlord.

Discord stroked his beard vexingly. I should hire a re-decorator in future.

Before Discord could offer a retort, Korosensei had already moved to another location. He stood frozen in front of a window, dark blue once again coloring his face. Discord walked up to him and noticed the strange expression on his face. It was equal parts horror and fascination, unsure of which emotion was stronger.

Outside the window, Korosensei glimpsed a world of pure chaos. Islands with alien plants floated amidst a mercurial purple sky. Nightmarish creatures took flight while emitting bone-chilling screeches.

"I wouldn't go out there if I were you. The last pony who became lost was never heard from again," Discord stated matter-of-factly, teleporting to a cushy armchair near the staircase.

Panic flooded Korosensei's thoughts for a brief instant. As Discord's voice echoed within his mind, Korosensei's focus shifted to a single word. It struck him as incredibly out of place in the warning. He shot Discord a quizzical look. "What do you mean by pony?"

Discord grinned and gestured to an identical chair which Korosensei promptly situated himself in. Discord snapped his fingers and a large map appeared on top of the coffee table and unfurled itself. It radiated a faint golden aura as Discord carefully tapped a few locations with his eagle claw. Seconds later, magical windows opened in front of Korosensei.

Korosensei sat there awestruck at the sights before him, mouth hanging agape. The windows displayed a variety of locations, ranging from medieval villages to modern cities. The castle built into a mountain side and the city made of clouds were among the more impressive sites.

However, Korosensei was more interested in the inhabitants rather than the locations. An assortment of colorful equines lined the streets at each location. Looking closer, he began noticing variances among the crowds, scarcely believing his eyes. "I've heard legends about pegasi and unicorns but this is something else. I never expected them to be real." The ponies happily chatted with each other, visiting shops, and buying groceries before slowly dispersing as the sun neared the horizon. "Where exactly am I?" Korosensei asked, tearing his gaze away from the map.

"Allow me to welcome you to Equestria. A land where ponies, griffins, dragons, and other creatures live together in relative peace." Discord tapped Ponyville, Canterlot, and the Crystal Empire on the map, opening windows into their respective castles. They displayed the Princesses in the middle of their royal duties, surrounded by ponies clamoring for a decision on an important matter, the sole exception being Twilight Sparkle, who was completing one of her daily checklists. "The tireless dedication of the Princesses has prevented any major conflicts from arising for several centuries. Although, there is the occasional evildoer bent on world domination. They tend to crop up every few months."

Korosensei still felt uneasy at this time, unsure of Discord's true intentions. "Is that how you figure into all of this?"

Discord's ever present smirk evaporated instantly as he snapped his fingers. The several of the windows coalesced into a single bubble which presented a new scene: Discord perched atop a wooden throne, overlooking a chaotic landscape as two alicorns approached him. "To make a long story short, I once held dominion over all of Equestria. My rule went uncontested until Princess Celestia and Princess Luna rose up and imprisoned me using powerful artifacts called the Elements of Harmony." He spoke in a completely neutral tone. The bubble showed the Discord's statue through various point in history leading up the construction of Canterlot. "I spent the next millennium as a lawn ornament before enacting another reign of chaos...only to be sealed away in less than a day."

"So, you broke free again and need my help with overthrowing the Princesses." Korosensei narrowed his gaze, a hint of anger creeping into his voice.

"That might have been the case several months ago but things change." Discord stifled a chuckle. "To the surprise of everypony, Princess Celestia believed there was good inside of me so she placed her beloved pupil and friends in charge of my rehabilitation."

Korosensei tilted his head at the sudden change in Discord's demeanor. The derision in his voice was replaced by sincerity as a content smile formed.

"I singled one of them out and pretended to be her friend. I was willing to do anything if it meant being free from the Elements, even betraying her trust. That's what I thought anyway." Discord frowned and looked away. "I came to appreciate her company because she was the first pony to treat me kindly. It made me realize that my powers could be used to help others... Well, to an extent, I'm far from perfect." He turned back to Korosensei, brandishing a knowing smile.

Korosensei sat frozen in his seat, taken aback by Discord's admission of his past. It felt more genuine than one could ever expect from a former evil overlord. Discord's smile, however, caught him off guard by implication alone. How much does he know about me? Regardless, his motives don't seem to be malicious. Korosensei let out a sigh of relief. "Since you aren't actively spreading chaos anymore, how do you pass the time?"

"I usually spent a week or so mastering a random skill. I picked up metallurgy and botany a while back." Discord said, pointing to a dartboard with numerous pieces of paper skewered on it. "I've found ways of incorporating them into my practical jokes. They're my way of shaking things up without anypony getting hurt. You should see the looks on their faces after my handiwork. Priceless!"

Korosensei stared at Discord with an expression of dawning realization. All the pieces had fallen into place. "That's why I was brought here."

"Octopus is out of the trap. You've figured me out, Korosensei." Discord threw his arms up in mock defeat, a half smile plastered on his face.

"While I'm no stranger to abusing my powers, I refuse to participate in your mischief. I have my pride as a teacher." Korosensei declared with an air of conviction, straightening his tie. Discord remained unfazed, wearing the same confident grin from when they arrived.

"Are you sure about that?" Discord asked calmly. There wasn't a shred of doubt in his voice. "It's only a few harmless pranks in exchange for the opportunity of a lifetime. You would miss out on exploring Equestria's rich dessert culture. It sure beats deep-fried tissues."

A swarm of bubbles surrounded Korosensei, each of them showcasing one of Equestria's mouth-watering desserts. Spellbound by the tantalizing display, his mouth hung open for several minutes. "Perhaps I was a bit hasty in making my decision." He admitted sheepishly, wiping away a strand of drool.

"I'm so glad you reconsidered." As the bubbles popped, the map vanished in burst of light, replaced by several blank notebooks and an ornate pen. Books flew off their shelves, forming a pile on the coffee table that nearly touched the ceiling. "These should cover anything you want to know about Equestria."

Korosensei immediately began his crash course in all thing Equestria, grabbing the top-most book from the pile, and taking down notes in a blur of motion. Additional tentacles emerged from his sleeves and retrieved more books to replace the ones he finished. Within a few minutes, the completed pile was already seven books high.


As the sun dipped below the horizon, night descended upon Ponyville. Citizens closed their shops and returned home, eager to spend time with family and loved ones. The roads were barren except for a few couples who decided to enjoy a stroll under the starlit sky. The moon's pale glow washed over the small town as its inhabitants peacefully drifted off to sleep.

Inside her castle's crystalline walls, Princess Twilight Sparkle was still awake. She sat alone in the throne room, gazing intently at the pair of books in front of her. The arrival of the newest Daring Do novels had come as a pleasant surprise. There had been on a minor hiatus following their adventures in the Fortress of Talacon. I can't wait to tell Rainbow about this! She'll probably finish it all in one night. Twilight's thoughts drifted to her pegasus friend. We've really become a lot closer since she started reading... The opening of a door roused Twilight from her reverie. Her face immediately lit up as a small purple dragon entered the room. "Spike, you're back. How was the gem hunt with Rarity go?"

"It went great! We found a vein with enough to cover the client from Manehatten." Spike said while happily munching on an emerald. He walked over to Twilight and produced a scroll bearing an official seal. "By the way, this arrived from Princess Celestia earlier today. Sorry I couldn't get it to you sooner."

Twilight flashed him an assuring look before placing the novels on crystal dais and levitating the scroll toward herself. "There's no need to apologize." She magically broke the seal and stared at the parchment, eyes wide in disbelief. As Twilight carefully re-read the message, a wide grin slowly spread across her face. "Spike, clear my afternoon for tomorrow!"

The baby dragon snapped to attention and quickly devoured the rest of his emerald. He disappeared into an adjacent room, returning moments later with Twilight's planner and several scrolls. "Another meeting with the Princesses?" he asked casually, flipping through the planner's pages.

"Not this time." Twilight teleported the scroll off to the archives. "Discord going to be away for a few days. We're going to take this opportunity to reorganize the library in peace. Remember that little prank he pulled on us?"

"How could I forget?" Spike shuddered involuntarily at the mere mention of that day. They had spent hours trying to organize the library to no avail. He recalled in vivid detail how Twilight grew increasingly agitated after each failed attempt, eye twitching and hairs springing out of place. She would have razed the castle along with half of Ponyville if not for Spike talking her down and several pots of herbal tea.

When Discord showed up and explained everything, Twilight was ready to snap his neck. However, this gave Spike pause for thought. "Wait, I thought you cast a spell so Discord couldn't mess with the books anymore."

"I did," she said through gritted teeth, "but that doesn't mean Discord won't think up something else. I swear he only puts effort into finding new ways to annoy ponies." Twilight's irritation quickly subsided as she recalled the letter's contents.

Still, Discord is trying to make new friends. That's progress. The ghost of a smile appeared on Twilight's face.


Korosensei's hypersonic study session about all things Equestria was interrupted by a sneezing fit from Discord. Looking up from an old copy of Predictions and Prophecies, he offered the ailing draconequus a handkerchief. Discord accepted and loudly blew his nose. "Sorry. I don't know what came over me."

"Somepony might be talking about you." Korosensei remarked, placing another completed notebook on the coffee table.


Spike looked up from the planner. "It says you have Twilight Time scheduled with the Crusaders tomorrow."

"Oh." Twilight's ears drooped, imagining the fillies' disappointment upon hearing their weekly meeting was cancelled. However, one thought lingered in the back of her mind. It refused to be silenced. When will you have an opportunity like this again. Twilight vigorously shook her head. "I'll make it up to them later. I'm sure they'll understand."

Spike quickly went to work, rewriting several checklists to accommodate for the change of plans. The sound of quill scratching parchment filled the air.

"Anything else, Twi?"

Twilight glanced at the Daring Do novels sitting across from her. "Also, arrange a meeting with Rainbow after we're done reorganizing the library."

"Done...and done!" Spike put the finishing touches on tomorrow's new schedule and rolled up the scrolls, carrying them off to the other room. "It's getting pretty late, Twi. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." He yawned and walked off to his bedroom.

"Thanks as always, Spike. Sweet dreams!" Twilight called out.

As the baby dragon disappeared beyond the threshold, a familiar sensation filled the room. She gazed wistfully at tree root chandelier hanging from the ceiling, a castle-warming gift from her friends. I'm glad the girls helped spruce up the castle but...it can still feel a bit empty at times. Twilight sighed and trotted up to her bedroom, carrying the books underneath her wing. She placed them on the nightstand before climbing under the blankets. As thoughts of literary escapades with dashing pegasi danced through her mind, Twilight drifted off to sleep with a warm smile on her face.


As the pile of to-be-read books rapidly shrunk, Discord walked over to the bookshelf and retrieved a small yet massive tome. He dropped it on to the coffee table with an audible thud just as Korosensei completed the last book. "Now for the pièce de résistance! The Draconequus's Almanac contains everything you'll want to know about the citizens of Equestria, including their most embarrassing secrets." Discord emphasized the last point with a particularly impish grin.

As Korosensei eagerly leafed through the tome's, Discord leaned back in the armchair and carefully watched for any changes in expression. Time to see if my bait will work. Korosensei abruptly stopped a few pages from the end, staring at the two entries in front of him. Smiling inwardly, Discord composed himself and teleported behind Korosensei. "I've suspected those two would pair up eventually but, alas, nopony has made a move." Discord sighed melodramatically before taking a few steps. "Still, a princess engaging in such a relationship would create quite the scandal."

Glancing over his shoulder, Discord saw his ploy had bore fruit. A large heart emblazoned with the words Couple Setup had materialized on the back of Korsensei's head.

Suddenly, both of them yawned and looked at each other. Discord smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck. "It's probably been a long day for both of us. Perhaps we should turn in for the night and continue this conversation in the morning."

Korosensei's complexion turned pink as he placed the Almanac on top of completed book pile."After everything that happened today, that's sounds nice."

"Regrettably, I can only offer you the sofa to sleep on." Discord said with a guilty look on his face. "The Smooze was last one to use the guest room and I still haven't finished cleaning it." Korosensei nodded in agreement, recalling a slime-coated room from his initial overview of the house. Discord dumped the backpack's contents onto the coffee table and tossed Korosensei his amenities bag and polka-dot pajamas, gesturing toward to the stairs. "I trust you know"-another shockwave rocked the small home- "where the bathroom is." Discord deadpanned, seeing that Korosensei hadn't waited for him to finish. The faint sound of water striking porcelain was soon heard emanating from the second floor.

Discord walked over to the window and snapped his fingers, enveloping the house island in a translucent purple bubble. He watched it fade from sight moments later before drawing the curtains. That should prevent Princess Luna from ruining the surprise. Discord moved the coffee table aside and opened up the sleeper sofa, laying out some bedding on top of it.

A pajama clad Korosensei reappeared carrying his usual attire on a wooden clothes hanger just as Discord finished his preparations. After placing the hanger on inexplicable indoor tree branch, he grabbed the several books from the pile and sat down on the bed. Discord teleported to the bathroom as Korosensei wrote out plans for the coming days.

Pulling back the curtain, he stared at the tub's contents for a brief moment before calmly walking across the hallway.

Discord conjured a lantern and entered the attic, in search of an artifact he had hoped to never see again. He found the briefcase hidden beneath a pile of old magazines, exactly where it had been left. Discord entered the combination and released the latch, filling the room with a golden light. Shielding his eyes, he plucked a lone object from the briefcase before closing it. "Can't believe I have to use you again." Discord muttered, leveling a venomous glare at the gilded alarm clock he held at arm's length.

The Undying Alarm Clock was a personal gift from Princess Celestia following Discord's initial reformation. Magically synchronized to the sun, it always woke up its owner at precisely the crack of dawn. Celestia claimed it would help Discord adjust to everyday life but that was a smokescreen. After using the alarm clock's first use, Discord knew this without a doubt. It was retribution for one of Discord's past transgressions. Maybe it was the time I told Celestia to cut down on the cake... He rummaged through several more boxes, locating his hammock and nightcap.

Discord teleported back to the living room and placed the alarm clock next to an extensive itinerary on the coffee table. Looking over his shoulder, Discord saw Korosensei standing in front of the bookcase. "Out of curiosity, why is my bathtub is filled with jellied broth?" he asked nonchalantly while securing one end of the hammock to the wall.

Flustered by the remark, Korosensei whipped around to face Discord. "My apologies!" He explained, tentacles flailing about wildly. "It's a byproduct of my mucus interacting with water for an extended period. I'll take care of it right away!" Discord raised his lion paw and stopped Korosensei from disappearing upstairs.

"That won't be necessary. As my guest, I insist that you take it easy." Discord yawned as he jumped on to the hammock. "I'll handle clean up later. Afterall, you'll want to be well-rested for tomorrow." Korosensei hesitated for a moment before relaxing and sliding the last book back in place. Fluffing his special pillow, he climbed into bed and subsequently dozed off.

Discord reached out and yanked the lamp's pullstring, plunging the room into darkness. The house was nearly silent except for the ticking of a clock. Pulling the nightcap over his eyes, Discord drifted off to sleep with a mischievous grin on his face.