• Published 20th May 2015
  • 334 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Apocalypse - LoopyBunny53



The time of friendship being magic is over. The Earth Pony Rebellion has made it's mark. Now is the time to survive The Boondocks.

  • ...
5
 3
 334

Chapter One: Spades

I stared at the walls in the Ranch, contemplating their colors. Yes, I said colors because it is not white, yet it is not grey, it can't decide on being just one color. It is like a paint bucket filled with years of grease, mold, and mildew were just splattered over the now bone colored walls.

I sighed sitting up on this poor excuse for a bed. It was rickety with only a bushel of hay for comfort. Normally I would have better luck sleeping on the cold floor once the rats learn to finally like me and accept that I was there for good. The rats are my only friends in this Hell hole I am sad to call a home.

Standing up I walked over to the shut steel door. Shakily I held the TrackerJack up to the small sensor just to the right of the door. The sensor shined a small green laser steadily scanning the annoying equipment. With a hiss and a pop the large door swung open. Walking out into the long hallway I heard the clip, clop of my hooves on the cement.

Nearing the end of the hallway I took a sharp left. Hearing the TrackerJack giving a satisfying ding I knew I was heading in the right direction. Today is my daily check up with Nurse Redheart, she is the head physician in Ranch LUN.

Turning my head I saw the classic heart with a white cross on the left . That heart is Redheart's cutie mark, it stands for her ability to nurture ponies back to health. As you would expect getting a cutie mark is one of the life changing moments in a ponies life down here in the Ranch. My cutie mark is a scythe with a spade behind it. The scythe is symbolizing the legacy of my father and the spade is for my horribly bad luck with other ponies.

Seeing Nurse Redheart every other week is becoming more like a hassle rather than an annoyance. Most ponies who have to see Nurse Redheart every other wee are either sick or have a broken limb. I do not know why I have to see the Nurse every other week is beyond me. I am not sick, not hurt, my magic works fine, nothing. To make matters even more annoying is she won't even tell me why I have to see her this often. I guess for me it is a different story.

"Ah, Spades, one moment. You may go to room 04." Nurse Redheart called. As I passed by her in the hall I noticed something that seemed off. Her pink mane was frizzy and her otherwise white coat a little dirty. Her eyes found mine and we stood there staring at each other. She cleared her throat showing her uncomfortable attitude with me staring at her. "I had to stay up all night to help aid in Shimmer deliver her colt."

My eyes traveled down to the floor, "was it successful?" I asked her beginning my travel to room 04.

"Have I ever failed?" She chuckled. Nurse Redheart like myself is a unicorn. She used her magic to levitate her note pad in front of her, a soft light pink glow surrounded it.

I turned my gaze to the signs beside the pine wood doors. 01, 02, 03, Ahh 04, that's the room I was sent to wait in. Heading into the room my eyes traveled to the rotting pine cabinets, it's doors stuck open by it's rusty hinges. Turning my eyes to the walls I saw that they were no better than the ones in the room that I am confined in. Walking over to the bed I shakily walked up the three stairs to the sad excuse for a cot. Hearing the hooves of a one Nurse Redheart I sighed, 'lets just get this over with.'

The Nurse in question sauntered in the broken frame. Her mane and posture more composed and her aura much better. "So Spades, how have you been feeling?" She walked over to a pine table picking up the small flashlight.

"I'm feeling fine_" I paused thinking of what to say next, "I still don't know why I have to come here?" I asked the mare.

"It is more to do with your family."

I sighed looking down to the cracked tiled floor. The realization drew in and hit my gut like a wrecking ball hitting and destroying a crumbling building. That building just so happens to be my heart, "so my dad?"

Nurse Redheart walked over to the bed her tail lightly swaying levitating the flashlight with her horn. "Yes mainly because of his body had both a natural horn and eventually wings."

My eyes widened, my jaw hanging low, I was lost for words. When ever a sentenced started to form in my mind would take a spritzer bottle and melt them away. My dad, an alicorn?!

"Your father wasn't naturally born an alicorn as I stated before he was born a unicorn. His wings grew in very fast and very viciously after he got his cutie mark."

My eye traveled to the scythe and spade on my flank. A knife of hatred was stabbed into my back, it was like my dad wanted to screw me over. Making the entire Ranch hate me even more for having more abilities than them. I shut my eyes tight attempting to keep a tear from escaping my eye.

"Please step down Spades." Nurse Redheart asked of me in a very polite voice. Placing a hoof on the stairs I cascaded down the rickety set. Stepping off the last stair Nurse Redheart then started to climb the stairs her horn levitating both a pen and clipboard. "Please face the door." She then asked me again.

Once again I complied turning my body to face the steel frame holding shut a heavy metal door. I could hear some soft sounds coming from Redheart. Sounds like a "Uhuh?" and "Mmhmm." I sighed and turned back around I saw Redheart jotting some notes on her clipboard.

"So?" I asked.

"So, what?" She retorted.

I groaned, "so am I growing Pegasi wings?"

She began her descend down the three rotting steps. I couldn't read the expression that she decided to wear on her face. " From what I have seen you only have the beginnings of Pegasi wings. Come see me every day for now, only magic can keep those wings strait." She sighed and paused. I could tell that she was fumbling with the words by the way her mouth was beginning to make the start of words but never made the full word itself. Then she spoke, "They will also hurt more for the next few days. A lot more than they do now, normal remedies won't be able to help with this."

I shut my eyes tight, trying to calm my uneasy nerves and settle my stomach. My thoughts raced as Nurse Redheart set the clipboard down and sat on a clump of rotting hay by a monitor screen. Me a soon to be alicorn, I can't believe it.
No I don't want to believe it.

Author's Note:

As you can tell Nurse Redheart is not the same one from the show, this Nurse Redheart is her daughter. I also want to tell you that this story and it's "goreness" will lighten in due time and I will warn you when there is gore and violence. BUT That is why this story is rated Teen, Dark, and Gore this is not a happy go lucky story and it is not for the faint of hear or weak of stomach.
Anywho!
Vote
Like
Comment
And, Stay Pony My Friends