• Published 11th May 2015
  • 680 Views, 10 Comments

Ahuizotl's Price - Sapphire the Gem



Sonata and Aria are given a perilous price to pay for a little luck.

  • ...
1
 10
 680

Chapter 3

One day Luck got tired of watching us. "I'm bored of you two." He growled, "I want something more."

"We could go into town." Aria suggested through a fit of tears. I think that she was crying because I broke her toe, but, she wouldn't say anything about it and neither would I.

We both won our volleyball games the weekend before, and we both were getting good grades for once. Pinkie Pie, a girl at school, was even kind enough to get me a milkshake at lunch. I felt like everyone was looking at s differently, like we actually meant something. We were no longer Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze, those evil twins who tried to take over C.H.S. with their cousin, no sir. We were Sonata Dusk who gets one hundreds on tests, and Aria Blaze the best volleyball player in the district.

Luck licked his chops, "Town." He seemed happy to here that, as he turned his head and gazed out the window. I've started to call it a guy, because by now it looked more like a man mixed with a cat, you know like a werecat. He was still dark and fuzzy around the edges and his eyelids will still drip like tar when he blinked, but, other than that hes was practicality normal. His fur was black and dark blue, and he was so strong I could see his muscles rippling under his pelt. "I would appreciate it if you girls would take me to town."

Like I said before we would do anything for Luck, so we took him on the long two mile walk to the main center of Canterlot (if that's what the place is even called). As we made our way past C.H.S. Luck pointed to the nearly empty park on the other side of the street and grinned, "Hurt that one." He whispered in our ears. Me and Aria turned our heads to see who on Earth he was talking about. It was the tambourine girl from the Rainbooms, walking her dog and talking to any other animal that crossed her path. I'd seen her before, but I didn't know her name at the time. I would later figure out that this was Fluttershy.

Aria looked at Luck and frowned, "It's the middle of the day. We can't just go up and start beating her, someone will see the whole darned thing and call the cops."

"Not if we wait until she's hidden." Luck suggested.

"I don't like this." I muttered just loud enough to be heard. Luck and Aria looked at me long and hard, it was in that moment when I realized what I said and immediately tried to cover it up, "Oh. Oh no. I didn't mean to." I stammered nervously, "It just came out, you know. Um... Luck don't be mad at me. Please don't be mad. I um... I real didn't mean it."

When I had finished ranting Luck had a more calm look on his face. Aria, however, was fuming with anger, "Don't ruin this for me idiot." She growled, "Don't you DARE make him mad. We need him to survive in this place."

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed as I tried to apologize, "I'll do it. No. We'll do it."

"You better." Luck snarled, "Otherwise, I will go somewhere where my gifts will truly be appreciated and then where will you be?"

"You'll be back in the rotten no go WORST place you came from!" Aria finished Luck's thought for him, and in the worst way possible, "You'll go back to being a stupid bad-grades-on-the-bench idiot Sonata Dusk, living in terrible house, going NOWHERE! Is that really what you want? Is that what you want for us Sonata?"

"Sonata." Luck was also shaming me, "Little Miss Sonata."

I shook my head slowly, because Aria had frightened me with her loud yelling, "No. I... I don't want that... I don't want that at all."

In short we decided to follow Fluttershy through the park all the way to it's end on Trottingham Road, where it was quiet and tall grass was surrounding us on both sides of the street.

"Go get her!" Luck ordered. Me and Aria took of with a bolt, Fluttershy screamed and began to run off, but we just started to run even faster. She ordered her dog to attack us, thank Celestia we were able to dodge it. Instead it ran right into Luck's open arms. I didn't see what happened to the poor creature and I didn't want to either. We were running faster than we've ever run before.

"Isn't this great?" Aria asked me joyfully as she laughed her head off, "We're practically flying! It's like we're Sirens again!" There was nothing Siren going on about it. Luck was right at our heels galloping in a very cat-like manner. I think that he was helping us run as fast as we were, to tell the the truth, and it wasn't a very good fast.

I felt like I was running from something, like a nightmare. I guess that was how poor Fluttershy felt with me and Aria getting closer and closer with every stride. When we were about one and a half feet away, we reached out, grabbed her arms, and pulled hard. It wasn't Fluttershy's fault that she didn't have Luck on her side.


When we got home that evening, no body really noticed us passing by. They were all talking about how something had harmed a poor teenage girl and nobody knew what. The only person to question us was Apple Jack.

Aria answered her question with a smile, "Finally something's happening." I could tell that she was pretending like she had just heard about it, and was doing a really good job. "After all this place is dull as dirt." After saying this, she quickly waved good-bye, grabbed my hand, and we continued back to our house.

At dinner all Adagio did was stare at me and Aria as we ate, from across the table. I didn't like the way that she was looking at me. It was like she knew. It like she saw us hit Fluttershy, it only took one hit for Luck to start trembling and shaking frantically, like he was struck by lightning. When he stood back up, I was able to see him clearly for the first time. He still looked like a werecat, but his head was like a block, and his tail had a hand on the end. I was absolutely, positively terrified of that tail-hand thingy.

Aria stood there nervously looking at her feet. "Dear Celestia, Luck." She grumbled, "We really shouldn't have done that. I feel guilty already. Especially knowing that she's probably going to call the cops and report two criminals."

Luck rose to his paws and looked deep into Aria's eyes. "She didn't see you." He purred as he dusted dirt and gunk off of his pelt, "All she saw was her worst fear." Then he took our hands and lead us home.

And there we were. Eating dinner across the table from a very suspicious Adagio, trying to choke down every morsel with out "letting the cat out of the bag," so to speak.

"This isn't right." I mumbled as I picked at my dinner of mac and cheese. I couldn't fight it off any longer and started screaming, "IT'S NOT RIGHT! IT'S NOT! IT'S JUST NOT-" Aria kicked me from under the table to make me shut up.

"Stupid Sonata." She sneered, "Stupid, idiot, Sonata."

"Shut up!" I shot back at her, "I didn't say anything."

I wasn't stupid idiot Sonata with the smart twin sister anymore. At least not with Luck around. I just didn't understand why I wasn't acting like it though.