• Published 11th May 2015
  • 677 Views, 10 Comments

Ahuizotl's Price - Sapphire the Gem



Sonata and Aria are given a perilous price to pay for a little luck.

  • ...
1
 10
 677

Chapter 2

Our teachers didn't believe that both of us got a perfect score on our math tests, especially not me. The thought that we cheated, so they made me do my work on the board in front of every one. It felt so strange, like my hand wasn't my hand, and my brain wasn't my brain, and before you could say "Tacos for dinner" there was perfect algebra problems scribbled across the board. I didn't even have to erase once.

At lunch we showed Sunset and our other enemies-turn-friends our test scores. They were so pleased to hear that we were finally studying like we should, now if we could only get to class faster. We showed them to Dagi when she came and sat down at the table. She just stared at us, worried and confused. Luckily the bell rang just before she could speak. It was like she knew, and I didn't want her to know. I have feeling that she will send Luck away if she found out. I didn't want Luck to leave, I liked having It around.

I liked it even though the nights after Dagi went to bed, me and Aria go up to the attic and pound on each other while Luck watches. Even though it left scars and bruises all over Aria's arms and all over my chest. Even though it hurt so bad that I would almost pass out and Aria would start to cry.

We didn't stop. We would have done anything for Luck. We would go on for hours. Pound, bruise, slam, and cut. It hurt an awful lot, but we didn't stop.

"Very, very good girls." Luck said about three weeks later. It wasn't as scary looking that night. It looked more like a shadow than a blob or hole, and shadows are not very scary at all; they're just places where the light doesn't reach.

Luck ran It's hands (or were they paws) through our hair. It made feel even sicker, like I was actually going to vomit, but I didn't complain. I had an non-varsity volleyball game that Friday, and I wanted to win. Make the team stronger and hit a spike, not sit on the bench the whole time for once. Aria had a volleyball game also, but she had varsity, and she wanted to hit a spike too. Stupid Aria, always wanting to be the same as me. Just because we're twins doesn't mean we have to be the same all the time. I wanted to hurt her again.

"Hurt and ye shall receive." Luck said laughing manically, I guess there was something funny going on, but I just don't know what.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this chapter is a little-lot short.:fluttershysad: I wanted to make it longer, but I figured I should leave it short just for suspense.:pinkiesmile: This is a tough story for me to write. Please tell me about any grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. I can correct. This story can only improve.:twilightblush: