• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 970 Views, 12 Comments

Turnabout Time - Paradox Theory



Twilight is put on trial for an unusual crime.

  • ...
3
 12
 970

Day one: Investigation

April 5, 8:00 PM
Twilight's Chambers

Rarity and Malum looked around the chambers. "They sure are modest for a princess." Malum commented.

"Well, Twilight is a modest Alicorn. She'd rather be simple and 'down to earth' as it were." Rarity explained.

"Well, alright then. But I think we should start looking for clues. . ." Malum mentioned.

With that, Rarity and Malum began looking for anything. They didn't see any out of place hoof

"Hey Rarity, when did this window get opened?" Malum asked, looking at the balcony window.

"I would assume that it was opened during the investigation, dear." Rarity answered. But Malum added a note to his notebook.

"I'll ask Twilight about it anyway." Malum replied.

Rarity went back to looking as Malum looked outside. After a few minutes, Malum came back inside.

"All I found were some scratch marks near the railing. Not sure what they are from." Malum told Rarity.

"Well, at least you found something, all I found was a crystal." Rarity said.

"Crystal?" Malum asked, "What's so odd about one of those?"

"It's something I've never seen before, it's enchanted!" Rarity exclaimed.

"How can you tell?" Malum asked.

"I'm somewhat of an. . .aficionado on gems and crystals." Rarity explained, "I have a special spell that detects hidden gems and crystals."

"Okay then." Malum said, "And where was it?"

"Above Twilight's bed," Rarity said, "Maybe it was used to do this."

"We don't know yet. And it looks like a blue pegasus is coming this way. . " Malum pointed out.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing here?" Silver Wing barked.

"Well, we actually just finished investigating. We didn't find much." Rarity said.

"Oh. So you're defending the Princess?" Silver asked.

"I am." Rarity replied, "And I was hoping. . "

"Nuh uh, no. I know what you're going to ask, and I'm not telling you a thing about the witness!" Silver shouted.

"I was actually going to ask if you noticed anything unusual during your investigation. . " Rarity sighed.

"Oh, well unfortunately, that's a secret too." Silver replied.

"Oh, alright then, we'll be out of your hair then." Rarity said, heading out of the room. Malum followed behind, dreading what may come in the trial tomorrow.


April 6, 7:00 am.
Canterlot Detention Center
Visitor's room 1

Twilight smiled as Rarity and Malum entered the room.

"Did you find anything?" Twilight asked.

"Not much dear." Rarity sighed.

"But, maybe a few questions will help." Malum suggested.

"Okay then, shoot." Twilight replied.

"First, the balcony. Did you open the windows before the crime happened?" Malum asked.

"Hmm. . . the windows?" Twilight asked. "Now that I think about it, the balcony was open when I woke. But I never used the balcony."

"Okay then, somepony opened the balcony. But the question is from which side. . ." Malum muttered to himself.

"Twilight, dear," Rarity spoke up, " I wanted to know if you've seen this crystal before?" She asked, showing Twilight the crystal.

"Hmm. . . can't say I have." Twilight answered, "Why?"

"This was found above your bed. It's been enchanted." Rarity explained.

"Oh, I see." Twilight sighed, "That doesn't look good for me."

"Don't worry dear, we'll get to the bottom of this." Rarity encouraged her, "I know you're innocent."

"And besides, if Rarity here really did ace her first case, I think we'll be able to get more time to investigate." Malum agreed.

"Thank you both. My trial starts at 10:00. I hope to see you there," Twilight said before a guard escorted her out.

"I don't know about you, but I think that there's is more to this then the eye can see. . ." Rarity answered.

Author's Note:

Profiles:
Rarity: Twilight's friend and the main defense attorney for this case.
Twilight: The defendant. Accused of misusing time magic.
Young Twilight: Somehow appeared in Twilight's room. Is from a time before the rainboom.
Princess Celestia: The monarch and ruler of Equestria. Twilight's mentor.
Silver Wing: A detective. Is the head detective for this case.
Malum Prohibitum: A rookie defense attorney. Is Rarity's assistant for this case.
Blueblood: Celestia's 'nephew'.


Evidence:
Attorney's badge: Proof that Rarity is a defense attorney.
Balcony window: Was open at the crime scene. Update: Was opened while Twilight slept.
Crystal: An enchanted, well, crystal found above Twilight's bed. The type of spell on it is unknown.
Scratch marks: Found on the balcony, unknown origin.