• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,062 Views, 63 Comments

Street Dreams - DJDJ



The battle of the bands is over. The Dazzlings are vanquished, while they're licking their wounds, a hot shot street racer transfers to CHS from out of town.

  • ...
7
 63
 2,062

Chapter 13: Confessions?

I came to a stop in front of the Dazzling’s house, it was nearly 11 PM Friday night. I revved my engine which predictably got their attention. Adagio came out to greet me before I reached the door. She pulled me into a tight embrace, when she let go, I looked into her eyes to see they were red, and her cheeks were stained. I took her face in my hands and asked her, “Everything alright?”

She grabbed my wrists and took my hands away from her face to lean in and kiss me. “I’m just happy to see you right now.” Her grasp was desperate, as if she would lose me forever if she ever let go. Adagio finally let go when her friends came out to meet us. I led her hand in hand back to my car and opened her door for her. I looked back at the house to see Aria and Sonata were still on the porch talking to each other.

I shrugged and took my seat in the car next to Adagio. I sighed and rested my hand on the gear lever as we waited for her friends. I closed my eyes and tried to relax, but Adagio rested her hand on top of mine compelling me to turn and smile at her. She smiled back softly and asked me, “Do you think we could take the girls to the beach with us this weekend?” She asked softly, we both turned to look at them still on the porch, they appeared to be arguing.

“I think we SHOULD take them on our beach date with us.” I corrected, smiling softly back at her. Her friends finished their argument on the porch and climbed inside the car with us, both poutier than usual.

Friday nights were always my favorite, plenty of friendly faces, competition, and cash. Of course I always had to be sure to disappear early to beat the traffic fleeing the heat. Although, I was a Wonderbolt now, which meant no more lone wolfing out here. I scanned the many dozens of cars that lined the street and parked up near where my crew had gathered. We all piled out of the car and said our hellos to the crew. I’d brought the girls with me before but being who they are they needed no introductions and the rest of the crew was still apprehensive about them. To her credit however, Adagio was making a genuine effort to fit in with me.

I let the girls sit on the sidelines while the Wonderbolts and I warmed up with each other. That’s what we called it at least, it was more like racing for less cash. We dispersed to get started on the main event and race for real. I invited Adagio to cruise with me and look fine while I found a worthy adversary and she was happy to join me.

I lined up against my first challenger and turned to Adagio who had only just cracked her door open. “Still not ready for a ride along?” I asked her.

She froze in place as she was about to climb out. Adagio glanced up at her friends who were watching from the sidelines already, then turned back to me. “You know what…” she started as she sat back down and shut her door. “…I think I’ll take a front row seat for this one.” She smiled at me and placed her hand on top of mine, which was resting on the gear lever.

I turned my attention to Trixie, when she started the race, I put my foot to the floor which caught Adagio off guard. Of course I always drive fast with her, but racing is an entirely different monster. At first she was startled and scrambled to grab onto whatever she could, but less than half way down the quarter mile her smile kept on growing. Her jaw was slacked by amazement and thrill.

At the end of the race I jammed on the brakes causing the car to squirm and kick up a thick cloud of smoke. When we came to a stop I turned to Adagio with a hint of smug in my smile. She turned to me and stifled a giggle fit. The rest of my races went as expected. I was winning and Adagio was having the time of her life. When I decided I’d made enough money for the night, Adagio turned to me, trying to come down from an adrenaline high, “In all the time I’ve lived in this world I’ve never done anything this exciting!” She beamed. I smiled back at her with no shortage of smugness as she continued, “I always thought this kind of behavior was…barbaric.”

“You weren’t the only one.” I remarked, smugness vanishing from my smile.

“And you feel like this…ALL the time?” She asked eagerly.

“All the time I’m behind the wheel.” I offered, running my hands around the circumference of the steering wheel. Suddenly I was hit with an idea and glanced at Adagio coyly.

She caught my gaze and bumped me playfully asking, “What?”

“I got a good idea.” I answered, Adagio raised an eyebrow at me in intrigue. I lined up at for another race and gave Trixie the signal for a solo run then hit the switch to roll back the sunroof, “Go on.” I encouraged her smiling wider. She obliged and stood up on her seat standing out of the car from the waist up. I revved my engine a few times until she got the clue to brace herself, then dumped the clutch, spinning the wheels and keeping the engine at high revs.

When we hit 40 I could hear Adagio shout “WOOHOO!!” at the top of her lungs. As much fun as she was having, I decided to back off at 60 before risking giving her the face of a bloodhound. Adagio climbed back into the car with me, remarkably there was not a golden hair out of place on her head.

We found Aria and Sonata and let them back in so I could take them home. As Aria took her seat she huffed, “At least you two had fun tonight.”

Sonata chimed in, “I thought that was so sweet when Adagio was standing up through the sun roof. You two are such an adorable couple!” she nudged Adagio’s shoulder.

Adagio tried unsuccessfully to hide her blush from me. I smiled at her warmly and she smiled back at me in kind as I took them all home. When I stopped in front of their house, Sonata sprinted for the door, Aria followed less enthusiastically, and Adagio waited for me to walk her to her door. I led her to the front door arm in arm and when we reached the porch we turned to each other. I held on to her irresistible hips and she draped her arms over my shoulders, crossing her arms behind my neck and we stared into each other’s eyes, swaying gently as if we were dancing to soft music.

“Pleeease stay the night?” Adagio begged.

“I’ll be back in the morning. We’ll hit up the beach and I’ll be right with you all day.” I offered.

Adagio leaned in closer to me, just about connecting our lips. “Please.” She begged again, looking at me with a sultry smile and half lidded eyes.

I leaned in closer to her, pressing my lips against hers. I pressed my tongue to her lips and she let me in meeting my tongue with hers. Adagio moaned softly as we danced around each other’s mouths, she put one hand to the back of my head to press my lips against hers even harder. With her other hand, she groped my rear, with my hands still on her hips, I pulled hers into mine. I released the kiss a moment later smiling smugly at Adagio. “I’ll hit you up in the morning.”

She slapped my shoulder playfully and smiled back at me. “Fine, don’t keep me waiting.” She chimed, running a hand along my jaw as she turned to disappear into her house.

I arrived home where my dad had apparently already gone to bed. I had something to eat and watched some cartoon reruns for a little while before I went to bed.

The next morning, my dad already had breakfast made for us. I sat down to eat with him, he already had a place set for me and served me some pancakes. My dad sat down across from me and asked curiously, “How’s Adagio?”

I nodded my head and sighed, “Good, she’s good.”

My dad sat back in his chair. “I know this hasn’t been easy for you.” I looked up at my dad suspiciously. “I want you to know, I’m proud of you for committing to your decision. That’s very responsible of you. Even though I wish your decision didn’t keep you racing.” I looked up at my dad wide eyed, thinking I was in trouble. He smiled coyly and winked at me, “I’m proud of the man you’re growing into.” I smiled warmly at him, and he smiled proudly at me.

It was late morning when I arrived in front of the Dazzling’s house, I was about to climb out of my car and get them when my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see that Applejack was calling me. I couldn’t resist answering, “Hello?”

“Hey, how goes?” AJ’s voice answered.

“Good, goes good.” I answered back, slightly confused.

“I’m…not quite sure what else to say, so…do you have time to, I guess meet up tomorrow?” She asked apprehensively.

“Uhhh…” I managed, with a growing lump in my throat. I looked at the Dazzling’s house “…tomorrow?” I asked in an effort to stall for time.

“Right, tomorrow.” She answered. I kept silent for a moment, I could see Adagio spot me through the front window, then AJ brought my attention back to herself. “Please. I…really need to talk to you.”

I began nodding, not realizing AJ couldn’t see me. “Yeah…tomorrow, I’ll pick you up.” I hastily hung up the phone and stashed it back in my pocket as the girls all came out of the house in beach clothes. Sonata was wearing a sun dress that went down to her feet, Aria, shorts and a tank top, and Adagio was wearing a wine red bikini top and a long tropical skirt covered in lava orange floral patterns. Adagio even had my mother’s sunglasses resting on top of her head.

The girls climbed into the car with me taking their usual spots, Sonata stumbled over her dress twice on her way to my car. Adagio sat right next to me, Aria right behind me, and Sonata behind Adagio. As I reached to turn the key, I froze and took a moment to admire Adagio, without realizing, I was smiling at her warmly. I couldn’t help but compare her soft features to Applejack’s rough, muscular features. I admired how beautiful they both were, despite, or maybe because of their differences.

I was snapped out of my thought by the feeling of Adagio’s hand over mine, turning the keys over and starting the engine. I smiled sheepishly and blushed slightly. “You’re welcome to stare, I just think you’ll have a better time of it on the beach.” She teased.

When we hit the freeway and left the city limits, I put my foot down and began weaving through traffic. I let the engine rev up to the red line at 8k, then a light turned on in my dashboard signaling me to change up. By then I was doing 70 and I went on to 100 and decided to keep up that speed. When the traffic cleared up, I dared to push my way up to a buck thirty. Aria and Sonata didn’t seem to care, but with my hand at rest on the gear lever, Adagio took a firm grip of my hand. I could see her gripping the handle on her door as well. She was biting her lower lip as she smiled eagerly at me.

On the beach, the girls and I all claimed a spot on the shore and lay out our towels. Just as quickly as I took off my shirt, Adagio was attached to my side, resting one hand in the middle of my chest. I turned to face her, grabbed both her wrists and pulled her into me. “Girl can’t you keep your hands to yourself for five minutes.” She giggled, and leaned up to kiss me. Adagio let me go long enough for me to take off my boots and pants to expose my shorts, which featured an urban camo pattern to match my t shirt…and my car. Meanwhile Adagio took off her skirt to reveal her full deep red bikini.

Aria and Sonata had already made their way deep into the water. Adagio eagerly led me by the hand into the water. As we swam further off shore, Adagio released me and swam after her sisters. I’d spent my childhood around this beach so I was a capable swimmer, but Adagio left me in her dust. Just as I was in my element behind the wheel, so were Adagio and her sisters here in the ocean.

The girls had swum out even past the edge of the pier, at the time I was comfortable swimming out to meet them. When I reached them, Sonata and Adagio were frolicking and even Aria was having a good time in her own way. I had a little energy left to indulge Adagio. Swimming with her, diving below the surface, I could even hear her humming…on key. It all reminded me of doing chores with Applejack on her orchard, so much that when Adagio breeched the water, I saw Applejack wiping from the sweat from her brow. The illusion was broken as I sank and the water disrupted my breathing.

As I was coughing and gagging on salt water, Sonata embarrassingly grabbed me from behind, under my shoulders to keep me up. “You’re like a fish out of water out here.” Sonata chimed then giggled to herself uncontrollably.

“I knew you’d be staring, but try not to hurt yourself.” I heard Adagio tease.

I smiled and nodded, “Yo, uummm…” I looked back at the shore, seeing how far away it was made me realize how exhausted I’d become. “I’m not doin too hot out here, I should get back to shore.”

Adagio swam up and grabbed my cheeks, “You land based mortals are adorable.” She teased again, Sonata let out another fit of giggles and joined in the cheek pinching. “You need some help getting back big boy?” Adagio asked smugly, I nodded my head as I tried to catch my breath.

“I can take him!” Sonata offered eagerly.

Adagio glared at Sonata, then moved behind me to take me from her. Adagio pressed her front to my back and wrapped one arm around my chest. I let myself relax in Adagio’s grip as she swam us back to shore.

Shore side, Adagio walked me hand in hand back to our setup on the beach. I sighed and lay down on my towel. I heard Adagio lay down next to me and ask “You going to be okay by yourself out here?”

I blindly reached up to put my hand on the back of her neck and pulled her into me to kiss her. “I’m straight, you go kick it with your girls.” I told her. She leaned back in and kissed me again. I heard her get up and sprint back into the water.

After a quick nap on the beach, I got up to see the girls still way out in the ocean having the time of their lives. I made my way up to the pier and got myself a churro before walking all the way to the end and sitting on the edge to watch them. I let my mind wander, thinking of Adagio and Applejack, how different they really are. I must’ve lost myself in thought, because the next thing I realized was that the sun was going down and the sky had turned the same fiery orange of Adagio’s hair. I looked back to where the girls were frolicking and they were gone, so I looked back at the beach where we had laid out our towels to see Aria and Sonata spread across theirs.

Before I could wonder where Adagio was, I felt her soft, delicate hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see her in her shades, her hair was nearly in perfect shape despite having been drenched and I suspect she was deliberately leaning over me to “show off”. She brushed her hand across my back as she moved to sit down next to me. We turned and looked into each other’s eyes, smiling softly to each other. When Adagio ran her hand down my back and rested it by her side, I reached down and wrapped my fingers between hers then we both turned to watch the sunset in comfortable silence.

“Did you have a fun day?” Adagio asked me.

I glanced at her and answered, “Not as much as you.”

She laughed softly and squeezed my hand gently. “Thank you, for taking us here. I can’t remember the last time we took the time to enjoy ourselves like this.” I smiled and nodded slightly then turned back to watch the sky. Adagio craned her neck around to get a view of the beach from the pier. “Looks like the girls are about ready to go home.” She sighed, disappointed.

As she stood up I snatched her wrist and snapped “Wait…” She turned to stare at me curiously as she slowly sat back down. I lifted her shades and rested them on her head so we could more clearly see into each others eyes. “Adagio…” I started, her eyes were flowing with curiosity and hope. I hesitated, the longer I waited, the more the hope faded from her expression. I thought I could say it. I thought I could drop the L bomb on her, but as I was about to tell her, I thought back to when AJ confessed her feelings. She was sitting beside me just as Adagio was, the memory made me feel a twinge of guilt, a feeling which doubled when I decided not to say anything to Adagio. I imagined she felt betrayed as I did when Applejack broke up with me. As much as Adagio might have been responsible for the breakup, it hurt me for her to feel that same way, she didn’t deserve it, not now.

Instead, I did the only thing I could think to avoid breaking her heart. I took her cheeks in my hands, she took mine in hers and we kissed deeply. We parted our lips to let our tongues cross into each other’s mouths. This at least, belonged to Adagio and me, as intimate as I was with Applejack, she was a simpler girl…she is a simpler girl.