• Published 2nd May 2015
  • 1,684 Views, 30 Comments

MLP: Kerrigan's Journey - King Xeno



The Mane Six travel from planet to planet with the Swarm to assist Kerrigan with her revenge on Mensgk.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,684

The New Queen of Blades

The sacs fell from the sky and landed in a small clearing, they released Kerrigan, and the Mane Six, who were still upset about Spike's injury. Abathur had been doing what he could to help the dragon, but it came at a price that Twilight never wanted him to pay. Kerrigan and the Mane Six heard the Ancient One, now known as Zurvan speak to them.

"You will be tested, if your hate is not strong enough you will be torn apart." Zurvan said, which made the Mane Six fearful for their Queen. "What are you willing to give up for your revenge?" Zurvan asked.

"Everything..." Kerrigan replied, before Izsha gave them a warning.

"Primal forces incoming." She said, but Kerrigan began to speak with Abathur.

"Abathur, send me the creature you've been working on. The Swarm Host." Kerrigan ordered as more sacs fell to the ground and revealed creatures with mushroom like backs, each one with several eggs inside of them. The creatures appeared to have no form of weaponry and were basically defenseless, that is until they burrowed into the ground, the eggs were ejected and hatched to reveal Locusts which rushed forward and killed the on coming Primal Zerg, allowing them to move forward. They moved forward until a large pool of green liquid was spotted.

"It's... A pool..." Kerrigan said, she was annoyed and in disbelief, until Zurvan began to explain.

"The first Spawning Pool. It existed before names. From here one essence split into many, one devoured another and grew stronger, the first Zerg." Zurvan said, while Kerrigan moved to the center of the pool.

"Recommendation. Avoid pool. Queen not strong enough." Abathur said, with evident worry in his voice. However Kerrigan would not be persuaded to leave the pool.

"The Queen's hate is strong enough. If I survive I'll be more powerful than the old Queen of Blades. Zagara, protect the Chrysalis until my transformation is complete, or I'm dead." Kerrigan ordered.

"Yes my Queen." Zagara's voice could be heard speaking.

The Swarm began to build a Hive Cluster, creating an Infestation Pit, which Pinkie took great interest in, and created many Spine Crawlers. They had the Swarm Hosts move and root into the ground, then made a wall of Spine Crawlers behind them, with a Swarm Queen to heal the injured Swarm Hosts or Spine Crawlers. They heard Brakk's pack approaching, the remaining Primal Zerg began to approach and attack the Swarm, but the defenses held. Once they stopped, Zagara sensed a disturbance.

"Hear me Broken Zerg! I am Yagdra! Brakk is dead, I will collect his pack's essence and I will collect yours!" They heard a voice shout, and red lined Primal Zerg began to charge, but found themselves fighting with Brakk's pack, which seemed to please Zagara.

"The Primal factions have engaged each other." Izsha informed.

"Let them kill each other. Our focus is the Chrysalis." Zagara replied, while the Mane Six prepared to fight. Twilight, Applejack, and Fluttershy took the left side, while Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash took the right, then they heard Yagdra begin to speak again.

"I have not forgotten you Broken Zerg! Your leader sleeps, she will not wake!" Yagdra shouted, and members of his back began to approach the Hive Cluster and the Chrysalis. Both Primal forces were leading up the sides, meaning that they were going to be attacked from both angles.

"Prepare for a pincer attack!" Zagara warned, and Abathur began to speak.

"Brood Mother Zagara, made important discovery. Can spawn special locusts from pool. Recharge very quickly." Abathur said, and Zagara seemed frustrated.

"These Primals are relentless, spawn them now!" Zagara shouted, and winged locusts began to fly off from the Chrysalis and attack the Primal Zerg, but they eventually dissipated, turning into a green slime that fell onto the ground. The Primal Zerg continued to attack, until Brakk's forces were ultimately wiped out by Yagdra's pack.

"Now we come for you Broken Zerg!" Yagdra exclaimed, as his pack began to advance on the Hive Cluster, but it would not be long until the Chrysalis opened and their Queen was revealed. Twilight fought with every ounce of strengths he had, these things had taken away her assistant, her best friend, the one she saw like a little brother.

"This is for Spike!" She shouted several razor sharp spines fired from her back and dug into the flesh of the Primal Zerg. Then there was a large surge of power and all the Zerg stopped fighting. The Primals began to back away in fear, while the Swarm approached the Chrysalis in awe and wonder.


Kerrigan sat in the liquid, her hair flowed freely, and her eyes shot open. She let out a loud yell as the Chrysalis burst, revealing the Primal Queen of Blades, she had regained her previous form, complete with the bone wings that Fluttershy and Twilight immediately recognized. A large pillar of pink light shot upwards from the Queen, while she yelled in anger and fury. The Zerg go close to the ground, almost as if they were bowing to her, while the Primals had fled completely. Twilight was filled with a feeling of hope and pride, knowing that her Queen had survived the transformation and was now more powerful than ever before. They approached and bowed to the Queen who began to speak.

"Rise." She ordered, and they rose onto their hooves, before moving back towards the Leviathan, where they were greeted with a shocking sight. There next to Zagara was a Primal Zerg, but there was something different about him. He seemed more calm, more willing to speak and negotiate. He had a beard and was missing his right arm, but a smaller arm had begun to grow. "Izsha. What is a Primal doing on my Leviathan?" Kerrigan asked, but the Primal stepped forward.

"I am Dehaka. One-who-collects. I seek essence. You bring essence. I will follow, when you do not bring essence, I will not." He said, pausing slightly between each word while clicking his tongue on every "cah" sound in the sentence.

"I've forge alliances on grounds shakier than that. Very well. Betray me and I will collect your essence." Kerrigan warned, her eyes flashing pink as she spoke. Dehaka nodded before Twilight and the rest of her friends approached the Evolution Pit.

"Abathur! Is he ok? Is he alive?" Twilight asked, and Abathur pointed towards a small area in the back. There they could hear a quiet breathing and a soft sigh. Twilight began to approach and saw Spike who was now one of them. Spike had grown a few feet, he now stood as tall as Dehaka, with claws that could retract. His snake like tongue would slip through his lips every few seconds, while he now had six eyes, each one with a thin slit pupil. His tail had a large spike on the end, perfect for spearing through tough armor.

"Twilight? What happened?" Spike asked, his voice had deepened and had a small echo.

"This was the only way to save you... You were dying Spike. One of the Primal Zerg attacked you, sliced through your scales like they were paper. I never wanted this to happen to you, I just wanted to you stay safe." Twilight replied, she looked down at the floor in disgust at herself. She had never once thought about what Spike would have wanted.

Spike moved forward, got onto his knees and hugged her saying "Thank you."