• Published 2nd May 2015
  • 1,684 Views, 30 Comments

MLP: Kerrigan's Journey - King Xeno



The Mane Six travel from planet to planet with the Swarm to assist Kerrigan with her revenge on Mensgk.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,684

Thoughts of Home (Rainbow Dash)

Rainbow Dash, for the first time in a while was not flying, she ran across the soft and squishy flesh of the Leviathan's insides and still gave an occasional giggle at the sounds that were produced. She was heading past the Nerve Center, where Stukov, Dehaka, and Zagara waited for Kerrigan to return, she ran past the Evolution Pit, but quickly backed up and let out quick bark, startling Abathur, and moved past the Queen's Chambers, a place which none of them were allowed, before jumping and landing onto a large jiggly organ. While she wasn't sure what it was, it made a perfect bed. It was the softest, comfiest, and driest of the various organs that the Leviathan had, and she just wanted to rest. It didn't take long for her to nod off and dream about the vents before her freedom from her cocoon.


It had been hot that day, with no rain scheduled for about a week, it hard to find something to do. So Rainbow Dash had decided something: It was time for a prank. It was one of the simplest ones as well, which was to slam a cream pie in somepony's face, and she had the perfect pony in mind. It was easy getting the pie, considering she had one in her house, but it would be hard to prank this pony, considering she and Rainbow had been caught in a friendly prank-war for years now. She would have to be fast, careful, and... Her thoughts were interrupted by a low rumbling growl. She turned and felt her jaw drop as she was the large creatures fly near her. They were large and ugly, with no visible eyes and a round mouth filled with curling teeth. It moved by flapping the sides of its body, which ended in large leathery wings, the most noticeable feature was the fact that it had two miniature versions of itself flying at its side. Rainbow Dash made a mental note to ask Fluttershy about these things later, but for now the prank. It was then that she felt a sharp and sudden pain in her rear left leg. She flew up and saw one of the miniature creatures had bitten her, and taken a small chunk out of her as well. However it made no movement to try and fly after her, nor did the parent creatures that seemed to be making more. She slowly lowered herself onto a cloud, mostly to test something and found that her suspicions were correct. The moment her wings ceased flapping, the large parents flung the smaller creatures at her with a forceful slap from their wings. Before the smaller creature could do any damage to her, she flew upwards and looked at the two smaller creatures and found herself confused when one suddenly ruptured, like an over filled balloon, if balloons were filled with blood, organs, and bones. She wondered why the parents made no move towards her at the moment, while she was flying, could they not see her? She let out a sigh and decided that the bite was more important than the prank, and began to fly towards Ponyville, only to hear a loud, shrill, screech move through the air. Another creature flew towards her at a rapid rate, it was disk shaped, with a strange looking appendage on its face, with several smaller tentacles flailing behind it. It had no wings which should have made flight impossible, yet it didn't.

The new creature took chase, somehow nearly able to keep up with Rainbow Dash who continued to fly from the creature, scared of what it might do. She still held the pie in her hooves, she wasn't sure why, she just did. She let out a sudden gasp of pain, when something collided with her wing, snapping the bone, causing her to plummet towards the ground. She saw the creature still chasing, now moving at an angle, hoping to get her but it stopped. Rainbow Dash felt herself hit the ground and something gooey slammed into her face, upon thought she realized it was the pie, she had pranked herself. Quickly using her hooves to wipe the cream from her face, and noticed something horrifying. A tall creature stood over Fluttershy, who was surrounded by several large, and monstrous creatures, each one with teeth and claws that rivaled a manticore's. She had to do something, and fast. Without thinking, Rainbow Dash was running towards the creature, before taking a large leap intending to tackle the creature, but felt something make contact with her, knocking the wind out of her. Rainbow Dash noticed one of the smaller creatures had once again been flung at her, meaning the large flying creatures had followed. Rainbow Dash turned her head to check on Fluttershy and instead found the creature towering over her, with its large boney wings and its flaring yellow eyes. It was then that Rainbow Dash blacked out.


Rainbow Dash felt something shaking her, while shouting as well. "Rainbow Dash! Wake up! Wake up!" The voice went silent, then began again. "Just wake up!" The voice was getting louder and louder.

"Five more minutes..." Rainbow Dash moaned, swatting a hoof at her waker.

"No! Get up!" Rainbow Dash was finally able to place a name with this voice, it was Twilight.

"Move!" A second voice said, and Rainbow Dash felt a sharp pain in her side, snapping her awake. Zagara stood near her, obviously upset by something.

"What?! Couldn't you let me sleep!?" Rainbow asked, rolling over with her back turned to them.

"It's the Queen..." Twilight began, but found herself unable to continue.

"The Queen had been horribly wounded." Zagara finished, this statement made Rainbow Dash leap onto her feet, before looking them in the eyes.

"Will she be all right? She's not dying is she?" Rainbow asked, and Twilight shook her head.

"We had to drag her back to the Leviathan. There was a Terran next to her... Dead..." Twilight explained.

"That was no Terran." Stukov said, startling the two ponies. "It was Narud. Who he was at the moment I'm not sure, but I know that he's dead... And Amon lives. Kerrigan told me herself." This made the three's eyes widen.

"Amon? The fallen Xel'Naga? Are you sure?" Zagara questioned, and Stukov nodded.

"Like I said, that's what Kerrigan told me." Stukov turned and began to leave the room, but stopped and said "Kerrigan has requested that we all gather in the Nerve Center."

Rainbow Dash was the last in this line, which was strange considering she would fight to be the first, but hearing about the Queen being injured had upset her. She moved through the familiar tunnels and corridors of the Leviathan, before stopping outside the Evolution Pit and peeked inside to see Abathur had his back turned to her. She grinned and sharply, but quietly inhaled, she went to make a loud sound and saw Abathur whirl around and throw something at her. The object connected with her face, causing a small amount of green goop to splat on her face. Abathur glared at her, and pointed towards the Nerve Center.

"My Queen, are you healed?" Twilight asked, and Kerrigan nodded before speaking.

"We're heading into Terran territory. You are to attack no Terrans unless I say otherwise. Is that understood?" Kerrigan asked. She received mixed responses from the groups and sighed.

"Why not? I thought we wanted to destroy the Dominion? Isn't that were we're going? To destroy the Dominion?" Pinkie asked.

"No. We're going to find Jim. There's only one person I know who can help us." Kerrigan answered.

"An' who would that be?" Applejack asked.

Kerrigan turned her back to them and said "Matt Horner, Jim's friend and captain of the Hyperion. There are to be no more questions, we move now."