• ...
12
 86
 16,151

New Friends In Danger (Part 1)

In the modern city of Station Square, a rapid blue figure makes a death defying entrance by racing through the streets at breakneck speed. Avoiding every car and pedestrian in it's path. Who was it? Why it's none other than the fastest thing alive himself: Sonic The Hedgehog. He was looking around the entire city for Dr. Eggman, but wasn't alone. Next to him was a black hedgehog with red streaks, piercing red eyes, and a bad attitude. Matching the same speed as Sonic. It was The Ultimate Lifeform, his friend/rival Shadow The Hedgehog. His distinct methods are fearless and chaotic, but unlike Sonic, he could care less about saving humanity. The only reason he agreed to help was for the Chaos Emeralds.

"I'll look up here Shadow!" Sonic separates from his dark doppelganger to run straight up the first tall building that he laid his eyes on. Finding Eggman was the only thing on his mind right now.

Taking a shortcut, Shadow teleports with the green Chaos Emerald. "Chaos Control!" In the blink of an eye, he disappears and warps on top of another building, across the street from Sonic.

"Shadow! Hey Shadow! Do you see anything yet?" Sonic shouted.

Shadow shakes his head with a snarl. "Damn! We need to find those Chaos Emeralds, so that I can rip Eggman's eyes from his sockets!"

"Sonic, Shadow...wait up! I think I found something!" A familiar voice is heard from the ground below. It was Tails. Sonic's best friend and sidekick that he treats like his own brother. A highly productive young fox with intelligence like you wouldn't expect. His quote on quote "two tails" enables him to fly and catch up to Sonic's blazing agility. Out of all his friends, Tails is the most efficient, and by far, the only one who stood by his side during their many adventures throughout the years. He may not be the strongest in the group, but that doesn't mean he can undoubtedly hold off against the 300 IQ of Dr. Eggman.

Sonic jumps off the roof of the building, and lands safely on his feet. Shadow soon does the same, but lands on a parked car instead. Crushing it instantly without a care in the world.

"......Nice landing Shadow!" Sonic said. He then turns to his pal Tails. "So what's up Tails? Did you really find something?"

To even out their chances on locating the lost Emeralds, Tails was holding a hand held device that he made himself. Coincidentally naming it after it's self-explanatory purpose...The Emerald Tracker.

"It's saying there's a Chaos Emerald in this area. We finally have a strong signal!"

"Oh really Tails?....Then what do you call this?" Shadow couldn't believe that they're putting all their trust in Tails. Aggressively pulling out the green Chaos Emerald, he expresses how idiotic Tails is being right now. He knows that Shadow always carries one with him, so why would he even bother coming through here.

Tails trembles. He thought Shadow would hurt him for wasting his time. "Uh-Uh, C-Chaos...Emerald?"

"Hey, take it easy Shadow." Sonic tries to calm the black hedgehog down, but was still looking for someone. "Anybody seen Knuckles?"

Knuckles: a red Echidna and probably the last of his kind, punches his way through the concrete sidewalk with the shovel claws. He's a fast digger, a very strong fighter, and can glide through the air from a great distance. For an unknown task, he dedicates his life to defend the Master Emerald that resides on Angel Island. With it's immense power, the island alone can float in mid-air over the sea. But there were serious occurrences where he failed to protect it. When a liquefied creature known as Chaos shattered the Master Emerald, Knuckles was forced to find all the shards by himself, and put it back together again piece by piece. He swore an oath that it will never happen again. Doing whatever it takes to keep it safe.

Sonic approaches him without disbelief. His underground journey might have been the fortunate response. "Anything Knuckles?"

"Sorry Sonic, no luck. But I still can't believe that we fell for one of Eggman's dumbest plans! I mean, all he did was distract us with his stupid robots to smash up on Angel Island, while those two tin cans Decoe and Bocoe just sneaked up behind us and snatched the Chaos Emeralds! How could we have been so blind?"

"Don't sweat it Knuckles! At least me and Shadow were able to get two of them back when those rust buckets dropped them. Eggman hasn't won yet, we'll get those Emeralds back!"

Out in the clear sky, Cream The Rabbit flies in with her pet Chao Cheese. Her main characteristic involves being awfully polite to others, no matter how intense the situation gets.

"Um-I'm sorry Mr. Sonic, but me and Cheese didn't find anything either."

"Chao! Chao!" Cheese responds.

Tails shouts before meeting with the others. "Hey guys, check this out! It looks like the Emerald Tracker has detected something else, however the signal is extremely weak. Therefore, I see two possibilities. Either Eggman took them far away from the city, or...there is a chance that he's no longer here!"

"Um, is that possible Mr. Sonic?" Cream asked.

Now that Eggman has acquired some of the Chaos Emeralds, anything is possible.

"I guess there's only one way to find them now!" Knuckles said.

"Right, we need to..." Before Sonic could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by another voice calling his name. "Sonic, Oh Sonic!"

"Oh no!" Judging by his reaction, Sonic knew exactly who it was. But his mind wouldn't allow him to accept it. Amy Rose. A pink hedgehog wearing a red dress and red boots. Her goal in life is to win Sonic's heart. A goal that will most likely never happen in a million years.

When Amy hugs him from behind, Sonic exhales a big breath of air. "What do you want Amy? We're busy!"

"I want to help you find the Chaos Emeralds." Amy said.

"Well then, you came just in time." The male hedgehog moves away from her and advances towards Knuckles and Shadow as he anticipated. While standing in a circle, they nod their heads before closing their eyes. The plan was self-explanatory. Sharing Knuckles' power of sensibility, they attempted to find the stolen gems by tracking down the nearest Chaos energy. Nonetheless working with a very weak signal almost made it unsuccessful. Could Dr. Eggman really have taken them to another world? Or is it just a vivid spark of their imagination?

Amy, Tails, and Cream watch in silence, until suddenly...they sense something.

"Got it!" All three of them open their eyes with a sudden jolt.

"Guys we found them, let's go!" Sonic announced. When they surround Shadow, he pulls out the Chaos Emerald to teleport.

"Chaos Control!"

A rush of warm energy fills their entire bodies as they vanish from the streets of Station Square.

Meanwhile...back at the Egg Carrier. While Decoe and Bocoe steer the ship over Ponyville, Dr. Eggman grabs the blue Chaos Emerald, holding the Eggstractor in his other hand."Now that Phase 2 is on it's way, I think I'll begin Phase 3. Injecting the Chaos Emeralds with Dark Energy for our hostile takeover."

Decoe and Bocoe were suppose to watch where they were going, but distract themselves by questioning the ideas of their master.

"Do you really think this plan of his will work?" Bocoe asked.

"I hope so. If it doesn't, who do you think he's gonna take it out on?" Decoe answered.

Bocoe feared over what would happen if they failed. "Yeah, I don't want him to get the wrench again! But you know, I'm surprised that we didn't get any of these ponies attention. You think they would notice a giant flying fortress hovering over their land."

"Maybe they're all busy preparing for something else?"

Looking back at the front window, the Egg Carrier was about to crash into a mountain that was hiding behind the clouds.

"WAAAAAAAAHHHH!" Decoe and Bocoe screamed after making a sudden sharp turn to the left. Eggman loses his balance and accidently drops the blue Chaos Emerald out the window.

"Nooooooooooooo!" He tries to catch it, but helplessly watches as it plummets to the ground.

"Oops!.....Ugh, Dr. Eggman?" Feeling foolish, the two idiots knew they messed up. Big time. This one particular mistake could send them straight for the incinerator.

"Do...you...realize...WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE!" Eggman's infuriated face was as red as the Egg Carrier itself. To punish them for their stupidity, he grabs the wrench and growls with agonizing rage.

The robots react with a sense of fright. "Not in the face! Not in the face!"

Inside the Carousel Boutique, the elegant fashion designer known as Rarity, was busy putting the finishing touches on her dress. Apparently, Decoe was right about tonight because all the ponies in Equestria were getting ready for an event called The Grand Galloping Gala. A royal ball held in Canterlot. Everypony was invited, both male and female. To certify the high class of royalty, Princess Celestia and her sister Princess Luna would be the guests of honor. Rarity was working hard but seemed nervous.

"Oh, no matter what I do it just feels like there's something missing."

Her best friends couldn't wait for tonight. Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie, were all wearing the dresses that she made for them as they head out the front door of her shop.

"Aren't you coming Rarity?" Twilight asked.

"In a minute Twilight. I've got to find the center piece for my dress first!"

Twilight giggled. "Just make sure you don't take too long okay Rarity? Our carriage is waiting outside!"

Right after Twilight leaves, a small thud is heard on the edge of her roof. It rolled down and fell to the floor outside. Wondering what it could be, Rarity saw something that's she's never seen before. A beautiful blue gem. The Chaos Emerald that Eggman dropped. Her eyes sparkled while gazing at the glowing aura of the Emerald that was calling out to her.

"HUH, That's it!" Rarity gasped. "Oh it's so beautiful! It even matches my cutie mark!"

Upon using her magic to decorate the Emerald as a necklace, she quickly catches up with them outside. "Wait up girls!"

Her friends glanced at the mysterious gem that was so passionate to their eyes.

"Wow Rarity, what an awesome diamond!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Thank you Dash. I am quite proud of it!" It's no surprise that although feeling confident, Rarity was showing off with it.

Twilight took a closer look at the unrecognizable jewel. "Hmm, where did you find it? It doesn't look like any gem I've ever seen."

Rarity hesitated while trying to think of a good excuse. "Oh you know, just...something I had lying around. But I do believe that we've talked about long enough. We don't want to be late."

Pinkie Pie hollered with a big smile. "Yay! It's time for the best night ever!"

The girls boarded the carriage with their little dragon friend Spike, and were on their way to the Galloping Gala.

Much like how Eggman made his first appearance, Sonic and his teammates all warped together and ended up in Equestria. They arrived on top of a large grassy field, first thinking that they transported back to Mobius. But it was unlike anthing they've ever seen before. Why was it nighttime here since it was daytime in Station Square? Further down they could see a forest, followed by a small town called Ponyville. Even the clouds were different. And if that wasn't enough, to the corner of their eyes was Cloudsdale. A bizarre yet somewhat astonishing city in the clouds. This definitely wasn't Mobius, it was a place completely new.

Sonic couldn't believe his eyes. "Woah...W-Where are we? W-What is this place?"

"Could this be where Eggman transported to?" Knuckles asked.

Under the convenient circumstances for a scientist, Tails' invention began to malfunction. "I've got bad news Sonic, somethings wrong with the Emerald Tracker. I think when Shadow used Chaos Control, it created some sort of electrical interference."

Shadow complains over the whole thing. "Great! That means we're stuck here without having any clue where to go!"

"I wouldn't be so sure about that Shadow!"

"What do you mean Tails?" Sonic questioned.

"Look!" Tails points to a customary object.

They spotted the Egg Carrier. It was passing over a place called The Everfree Forest.

"I hope that answers your question Knuckles." Sonic said.

"Good, now we can finally get those Chaos Emeralds back!"

It seems way too easy for Sonic and the others to even consider backing down. While chasing after the flying fortress of Dr. Eggman, they can see fireworks filling the skies of Canterlot. For curiosity's sake, Sonic decides to investigate. "Looks like there's some kind of celebration going on here. We better check this out!"

Knuckles warns him before wandering deep into the ponies territory. "Careful Sonic, we don't know what's out there!"

Back in the Egg Carrier, Decoe and Bocoe, still banged up and dented from Eggman's fury, were given one more chance to correct the mistake they made.

"Did you find the Chaos Emerald yet?" Eggman muttered.

Decoe sees the fireworks as an opportunity to get his mind off it. "N-N-Not yet sir. But there appears to be something going on here."

Because flying too low does have it's disadvantages, they were almost hit by the fireworks. Dr. Eggman shakes his fist and shouts from the window. "Hey watch it! If you ponies so much as leave a scratch on my ship, I'll boil you and your princess down for axle grease!....What on earth is happening?"

To answer him, Bocoe turns to the monitor for some information. "It's called the Grand Galloping Gala Dr. Turns out it's one of the biggest nights in Equestria!"

"Will Princess Celestia be making an appearance?"

"Yes sir. According to this, she's one of the guests of honor."

"One? Who's the other?"

"Her sister, Princess Luna!" Decoe answered.

"Excellent! We can kill two birds with one stone! But without an invitation, I guess we'll just have to crash the party! Before we do this, is there anything that these ponies can use to defend themselves with?"

Bocoe replies to Dr. Eggman. "Well from what it says here, Princess Celestia has control of these magical artifacts called The Elements of Harmony, which can defeat any threat that they encounter. In fact, it's the most powerful magic in Equestria."

"Then our main priority is to snatch them from her! Imagine, all that power combined with the Chaos Emeralds. Princess Celestia will bow to my every whim, and crown me as the new emperor of this world. "

"How do you suppose we do that Dr.?" Decoe asked.

Eggman laughs. Feeling absolutely unstoppable. "Heh-Heh-Heh-Heh. Prepare the Egg Drones!"

After spotting the huge castle in Canterlot, he gives his orders to attack. "That must be it! Full speed ahead!"

The two robots obey. "Yes Dr. Eggman!"

Can Sonic and his friends reach the Galloping Gala in time to save Princess Celestia from Dr. Eggman? Stay tuned for Part 2.

To Be Continued...