• Published 14th May 2015
  • 401 Views, 11 Comments

The 1,000th Sun - Titanium Blade



One thousand years over, the dreaded Nightmare Moon has escaped her imprisonment in the moon. After bringing her eternal night, Four broken friends are left to defend against the chaotic attacks from dragons, Everfree monsters, and even angry mobs.

  • ...
10
 11
 401

...And Into the Fire

Why is it so dark?

Why is it so cold?

Why am I being shaken?

...Where am I?

Titanium Blade was lying in a strange compartment. His broken ribs, the reminder of the attack on Trottingham, throbbed. He looked around his container. He was surrounded by black steel. No light pierced the long, rectangular enclosure, yet he could just barely see. There appeared to be outcrops that resembled seating, on which he was curled. Pillars protruded from the outcrops, the many monoliths breaking the continuity of the container. As he observed this deliriously, he was startled upright by what sounded like a whistle.

He looked around once again; He was in a train. the "outcrops" were, in fact the benches. As his eyes came back into focus, the many forms became ponies, riding the transport. He had no idea where he was going.

"Hey, buddy," A pony next to him said, through a thick Manehatten accent, "You're almost to your stop."

Blade looked about, dazed. He glanced at the bag next to him. The destination tag read "Ponyville". He stared at the tag for several moments, before his mind was set back into motion.

"We're getting off at the Ponyville station, buddy." His neighbor said, placing his hat atop his blue mane.

"Oh," Blade responded automatically. His mental gears gradually locked together. "Oh. Uh, thanks."

Blade waited in silence as the train started to slow. Ponies began to get up from their seats.

Dishonorable discharge...

Blade... Deserter...

Dishonorable discharge...

"You gonna get off, or what?" The Manehatten pony said, ripping Blade from his thoughts.

"Oh, uh, thanks... Again."

"You alright, pal?" His neighbor asked.

Blade hesitated. "Uh, yeah," he said slowly, "Yeah, I'm fine, thanks."

As he walked off of the train, Blade stopped. It was the first time he had actually seen where he was going. Ponyville, as the sign read, was a small town, with wood houses lining the streets. Everything was so simple.

"What's the matter, pal?" The Manehatten pony said, "Never seen a city this big?" He began to laugh loudly at his own joke.

Blade said nothing.

The blue-haired stallion's laughing slowed. "Ah, at any rate, have a good one," He said. "And try not to gawk in the middle of the street!"

"Thanks," Blade said, without turning.

Exiled to this little town...

Because you...

Blade... Deserter...


Tears ran down blue cheeks, already stained from the ones that came before. As she sobbed in the corner of the nearly deserted train, Crystal Frost could only think of her brother.

'Get out!' was the last thing she heard from him, before she did as he said.

She boarded the first train to anywhere. With only the cloak on her back, she left to begin anew, without a thought. Her brother was one of the only things she had, and she lost him.

Better anywhere than freezing and starving so close to him...

She hadn't stopped crying since she boarded, eight hours ago, in Stalliongrad.

Frost looked out of the window of the train. She had never been far from the city. The warm, rolling plains of Equestria, golden grass stretching in every direction was much different that the frozen hills of her homeland. As the sun rose over the horizon, she could see forests and mountains in the distance. The beauty of he landscape distracted her from her thoughts.

She wiped her tears; and sat back in her seat. She didn't know where she was going, but she would try and make the best of it.

As she assessed her surroundings, she noticed that most of the other ponies in the train were asleep, or only half-awake. One sleeping pony was close enough for her to reach the destination tag. Picking it up with her brass hoof, she examined the yellow paper. It was emblazoned with the word "Ponyville".

"Oi!" Someone said, agitated, "what're you doin' with me luggage?"

Crystal Frost covered her mouth in embarrassment. "I-I was checking the destination tag," She stuttered.

"Oh, sure," The reddish pony said, sitting up from her slumber. She brushed the cranberry-colored mane from her eyes. "Like I should just believe any random pony who's inspecting me stuff!"

Crystal shrunk back into her seat.

"And besides," the mare's rant continued, " Why couldn't you check your own luggage?"

"Because I don't have any..." Crystal's voice trailed off.

The red mare paused.

"And I don't know where this train is going," Crystal continued.

The mare didn't say anything as she looked over the crying mare next to her.

"You truly don't know where you're goin'?"

"No!" Crystal pleaded.

There was a moment of silence as the agitated mare calmed, her face softening,.

"I'm sorry, then, miss," She said, " For all it's worth, we're goin' to a little town called Ponyville. It's just south of Canterlot."

"Thank you," Crystal sighed.

The train whistle blew, as Ponyville came into sight. It was a small town of thatched cottages, lining the dirt roads.

"I'm Cherry Berry, by the way," The red mare said.

"I'm Crystal Frost."

"Pleasure," Cherry replied, shaking Frost's hoof.

As the train came to a halt, Cherry Berry put a hoof on Crystal's shoulder as she produced a few bits. She placed these in Crystal's hoof.

"Good luck out there," She said. "Maybe we'll meet up again."

"Thank you." Crystal rose from her seat, as the train doors opened. The sleepy passengers shuffled out into the station, with Crystal and Cherry following behind.

Maybe it won't be so bad here...


It is time.

It is time.

It is time

His weary wings stretched to the sky, Fiiksuloth let out a triumphant roar. His mistress had returned.

The dragon's green eyes peered toward the sky, as the sun began to rise. His dark blue dragon scales glistened in the morning light.

My mistress...

My Princess of the Night...

He was a servant of the rebellious sister, a dragon follower of Nightmare Moon.

As the prophecy foretold, "The stars shall aid her escape."

She has returned...

I must find her.

His wings opened, revealing the tears, mementos of a thousand years of waiting and hiding.

As they caught the wind, Fiiksuloth hesitated.

Will she remember me?

Where will I find her?

He tried to push the doubts from his mind, as he remembered the change in the stars, the signal of his Mistress's escape.

She guided me; I must assist her.

With resolve he took to the skies, searching for his Princess.


It's just one of those days...

Birds flew away from the path, as a courier ran through the woods.

I should get paid extra for getting up this early for a message.

His orders were to run messages to the mayor of Ponyville, concerning the Summer Sun Celebration, which was being held the next morning.

A feeling of dread enveloped him as he ran. He slowed his pace, realizing the shadow that had blocked the sunlight trickling through the blowing trees.

"What in Tartarus?" He asked himself quietly, as he looked up through the canopy.

He froze in horror, as he saw green, reptilian eyes glaring at him, the blue wings casting darkness around him.

The dragon roared at the courier. He felt as if he would faint.

Celestia help me...

"Fos dreh hi mindok do faal Krein Kulaas?" The beast roared, "Kolos krein?"

The courier shook with fright, to scared to move or speak.

"Tinvaak!"

The stallion let out a scream of terror as he ran. His tail was lit ablaze by the dragon fire the followed.

Fiiksuloth flew into the blue sky and made chase with the stallion. Even his earth pony legs could not carry him faster than the great beast.

Diving into the canopy, the blue dragon landed in front of the courier, entrapping him with his claws.

The dragon roared questions in his language. The stallion was confused and terrified.

I'm gonna die.

This is it.

He felt a claw touch his side. Taking a deep breath, he thought of his family.

His limp form hit the forest floor with a thud.

Opening his eyes, he saw the dragon flying away, carrying his mail pouch.

He felt weak, as his knees buckled. He fainted on the trail.

Fiiksuloth flew in the direction of Ponyville. He had a Summer Sun Celebration to attend.