• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 218 Views, 5 Comments

The Industrial Era - Hm



What will Everypony do once the magic from Equestria fades away what will Everypony do?

  • ...
 5
 218

Everfree

Many years ago, when the magic started to weaken, Queen Marelyn ordered that Everfree Forest be cut down. This order was carried out even though Everfree was not technically a part of Equestria. After clearing the forest, the queen declared that a city was to be built where the forest once stood. The city was to be named Everfree, after the forest on which it would stand.


The city’s purpose was to manufacture parts for the machinery that scholars had dreamt up. These mechanical devices would be used for many purposes. They would provide transport, medical care, and would help with a concept called science. Most ponies were unhappy with the queen’s decision but had no say in the matter.

Science had been around for quite some time, yet it had almost been forgotten by the scholars. The first scholars had decided to study magic instead, yet there were still notes of their scientific studies. With these notes, our scholars continued these studies, and Everfree became the first scientific city.

I was just a foal at the time, so I can only recall what was told to me by my parents. But as the study of science advanced, more cities sprung up from the ground to help advance the current sciences. Thus, between Everfree and Ponyville lies an invisible border. The border between the scientific and the arcane.