• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 218 Views, 5 Comments

The Industrial Era - Hm



What will Everypony do once the magic from Equestria fades away what will Everypony do?

  • ...
 5
 218

Prelude

Prelude
You may recall tales of the Equestria of old. This tale is of a new Equestria. A world now fueled by coal, and run by mechanical devices. Our people are consumed by a thirst for power that cannot be quenched. Our current queen, Queen Marelyn, has fallen victim to this thirst. She spends most of her days, locked in a tower, trying to find a way to become stronger in her magical abilities.

Although magic was used for many reasons in the past, it is now used for few. Our magical powers have weakened over the years, and now there are few powerful enough to use magic without assistance. Those who do posses a magical talent are sent to the school of magic known simply as "The School" to become scholars. Then there are those who don't posses magical talent: most unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies.

Those unicorns who cannot preform magic are simply treated as earth ponies. Earth ponies are the workers in factories, bar-keepers, and stall owners.We pegasi are given the choice when we reach our teenage years whether to take on the training required to be a royal guard, or to become a regular worker.

Unfortunately, flight is very limited these days. The main cities are blanketed in smog and ash from the factories. The clouds are toxic and you can't fly through them without getting sick. This Equestria may not be the one of legend, but it's the Equestria we all live in.