• Published 22nd Apr 2015
  • 1,621 Views, 43 Comments

Recreation of Life - Sugarcube66



When a shocking incident leads Twilight to lose her memories, who will be there to pick up the pieces.

  • ...
13
 43
 1,621

Traveling

The next day when Ruby had gotten most of her strength back, the group set out for the journey to Fillydelphia where they would be safer for at least a few years. The doctor that Ruby had saw ordered the village carpenter to make them a cart so she could rest when that Ruby could rest when she would need too.

''Um....guys.'' asked Ruby, looking at her friends as she got into the back of the cart. ''Why are we going to Fillydelphia, anyway? I mean, I don't really understand.''

Aria looked at her for a moment before saying. ''We're going to Fillydelphia, because Trixie's father and mother live there and they'll keep us safe for a few months until you had your foal, hopefully.''

''Yea, hopefully.'' said Sonata, with a worry filled face. ''If worse comes to the worse, we may have to run away prior to the foal being born because the guards are always on our tails.''

Trixie nodded, gently. ''My parents have a small part of the house that is invisible to the outside and that's where we'll be staying. It's basically like another house within a house, it has a kitchen, bathroom and 3 bedrooms. One of which is my own, yeah I live in the 'hidden' part. I did because nopony needed to know that I lived with my parents by then. That and the main house only has one bedroom.''

''I see.'' mumbled Ruby, gently. ''So, you grew up in a different house to the one that your parents' house at the moment?''

''No, I grew up in that house. I always lived in the hidden part to the home. I was being bullied since I was in kindergarten, because I was late with my basic skills, walking, talking and potty training. The latter being the worse, they called me 'Pooixe' isn't of my true name. Then later one, when I started elementary and I earned my cutie mark, a talent related to magic, when I didn't have much talent in that certain skill so they called my 'magic' trixs and my name was changed from my birth name to Trixie. My birth name was Mixie Lulamoon, I know not much different but it got on my nerve. So when I got the chance to move out of my parents' bedroom, I moved straight into the hidden 'house' and particular raised myself with a little help and by the time I turned 12, I ran away having gotten sick of the treatment I had been given. Then I gave myself a job to get bits.''

Ruby nodded, worried and sorry for Trixie. She never thought that a filly would go through that much and she didn't even remember her fillyhood. Despite that, listening to Trixie, she wanted her own foal when it's born to have the best foalhood that she could hope for, instead of having the harsh treatments like Trixie or forgetting foalhood when she grows up.

Sunset, who was silent most of the first part of the journey. She was thinking about what had transverse that prior day, Ruby being pregnant and her strange feelings. It wasn't stunned upon for mares to like one another, in fact it was common. But why would she experience her first crush on a mare she had barely met, like a week prior. Ruby was becoming slightly worried about the mare's silence so she spoke up. ''Um, Sunset. Why aren't you speaking?''

Sunset blinked for a moment before looking at the mare, who was laying in the cart that was being pulled along by Adagio, the strongest physically of all of them. ''I'm just thinking, sorry. Don't worry about it, Ruby. What we have the worry about is keeping away from the Royal Guard.'' A droplet of rain fell on her, she grimace and said. ''Looks like we're in for a bit of a storm.''

Right at that very second, a arrow was shot down at them. Aria looked up, fright filling her eyes as she saw a couple of pegasus guards had spotted them in the broad daylight. She glared at Sunset and yelled in a stressed, worry filled voice. A voice with no malice, just worry and concern for their safety ''You just had to say it, didn't you?''

''Sorry. Come on, into the trees. They'll the safest place to hide.'' yelled Sunset, to the group. Most of the mares found it easy to get away but with Ruby still weakened, she couldn't walk so Adagio had to run and pull her. With the extra tug, Adagio had problems pulling her younger friend to safety. The guards had obviously noticed this and had began throwing arrows at the pair. Rain picked up a little, as the two mares with the cart tried to get to the trees where the others had hidden.

Sonata saw this, in fact she was the first to see that there was something wrong. Acting upon instinct, she ran past her friend. The rain continued to get heavier and heavier as she ran closer to the danger of the guards and away from her shocked and worried friends. She managed to catch the guards attention and mouthed something to the shell-shocked Aria. 'If I don't make out of this alive. Remember that I'll always love you, Ari.'

As she ran closer to the guards, the pendent around her neck glowed briefly under her wish to protect her friends. An arrow was shot at her and Aira's scream rang through everypony's ears. Rain hailed down onto the area as a big cloud of smoke erupted from the earth below where the arrows had hit and Sonata was nowhere to be found. And so many of the mares' thoughts were going wild unable to believe their ditsy friend would put her live on the line like what she had just done.

The smoke clouds didn't find and Aira fell down and wept, thinking the worse had happened to her lover before she silently screamed Sonata's name before mumbling it under her breath getting louder by the second before another ear ringing cry ran through the air from the purple earth pony's mouth. ''Sonata!!!!!!!!!!!!''

The clouds thundered along with her shocked and sadness filled cry and the rain fell across her already wet with tears face. The other mares just quietly looked down at her, none of them could blame her for being upset. They may have just lost a friend and they were all trying to hold back their own tears.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter. I had this chapter thought out but I couldn't put it into words. If somebody would like to proof read this chapter for me and/or give me ideas, please do because this chapter is pretty bad and even I know it needs to be better with emotion but I'm not good at writing with emotion yet.