• Published 22nd Apr 2015
  • 1,622 Views, 43 Comments

Recreation of Life - Sugarcube66



When a shocking incident leads Twilight to lose her memories, who will be there to pick up the pieces.

  • ...
13
 43
 1,622

The gang

Morning arose. Sunset Shimmer woke up feeling great after that long sleep. She walked over to the still unconscious unicorn mare and stroked her mane. What caught her attention was that the mare responded by mumbled in her sleep then awaking. A pair of violet eyes burned into Sunset's memory and a small blush formed on her face before she shook her head and forced the blush to vanished from her now scarlet cheeks.

''Are you alright?'' asked Sunset, gently to not scare the newly awakened mare.

''....Yea....um....where am I....Wait, who am I?!'' cried the mare, urgency filling her voice. The mare began frantic as she tried to remember what her name was and if she knew the mare who she was standing with.

Sunset put her hooves on the mare's shoulder gently and said. ''Calm down. You don't remember what you name is?''

''No....Um...do I know you?''

Sunset flinched, should she lie to keep the mare calm. She would have to speak to her friends but at this moment in time she didn't have much of a choice so she nodded and mumbled. ''Yes....I'm um....your friend, Sunset Shimmer. Don't you remember, Ruby Rose?''

''Ruby..? Is that my name?.....Sorry, I just don't remember anything.'' mumbled Ruby, gently. She was unable to process what was going on but at least she knew she had a friend.

''No. It's alright, I won't leave you till your memories return.'' said Sunset, with a smile. Her nerves had calmed now and it was easier for her to lie to the mare in front of her.

''Sunset, is she awake?'' came a sleepy voice. Trixie appeared from the nearby tent where they ate their meals. She had a pancake in her hoof as she stared at her best friend.

''Give me a moment, Ruby.'' mumbled Sunset, as she walked over to Trixie and whispered into her ear. ''She doesn't remember anything, so I thought that we might as well lie to her at least till her memories return. I mean, she wouldn't survive in this dreaded world with no memories of where her family was.''

Trixie listened in, nodding gently before whispering in reply. ''So, you want us to act as her friends and you gave her that name, Ruby. What her surname, just to ask because then I could go tell the others.''

''It's Rose, Ruby Rose. I thought it would fit with her design and cutie mark.'' mumbled Sunset, as she glanced at Ruby, who was happily watching a butterfly. ''No, go tell them so that we don't confuse Ruby when they come out. Just tell them what I told you, that her name is Ruby Rose. As for her personality, just tell them that she's was always a little jumpy and curious. I mean, we can't confuse the poor mare. She had to been through a lot to lose her memories just like that.''

''I will, then once you want us to come out, just give us a call and we'll come and introduce ourselves to Ruby.'' said Trixie, with a smile before she disappeared back into the tent to finish her breakfast.

Sunset smiled and let out a quiet sigh before she turned back to Ruby to see the mare waiting patiently for her. The orange unicorn choose to walk back to her. ''Want to meet your other friends, I can call them out soon. I say soon because their eating at the moment. I just sent Trixie inside to warn them about your amnesia but don't worry too much, okay?''

''O....okay...'' mumbled Ruby, fear and confusion ridden within her small, harp like voice. ''...Sure. I'll meet them, Sunset. B...but, I don't remember what they were like....you sure they'll be kind to me, just like you.''

''They'll be. In fact, Trixie and the Dazzlings are the best friends I had ever finished after I lost my mother because she refused to have me. She didn't care whether I was her daughter or not, she treated me like a student and nothing more. God, how I hate her so much. You wouldn't know, would you? When I was just a little filly, I dreamed of having a princess for a mother because...well I didn't have one. I was abandon at birth, that's what the orphanage told me. I didn't have a parent to care for me and nobody wanted a filly with a flaming mane and tail. I grew up in Fillydelphia, a place filled with earth ponies so nopony wanted a unicorn for a daughter so I grew up without a parent to care for me. So when I was taken in by Celestia as her prize pupil, I was so glad. I didn't have to live in a town of earth ponies anymore. But then, shortly after I stumbled upon a diary which told me that Celestia was my parent. I hated her so much for giving me up, she didn't love me. So I ran away, tricking them into believing I went through this magical portal. I actually had for about a year, and during that time I was used, humiliated and so I ran back to Equestria as soon as the portal reopened. I met Trixie, after she had suffered a heartbreak in Ponyville, soon enough the Dazzlings joined us only a couple of weeks after. I been traveling with them since, avoiding the guards for 3 years. You joined us before the Dazzlings did but that enough for today.'' Sunset forced a smile for a moment but frowned when she saw tears formulating within Ruby's eyes. ''Is it something I said?''

''No...but y...you had such a heartbreaking life and I can't even remember the first time we met...and the day you told me about this!'' cried the mare, tears freely falling down her crimson face.

''Shh, it's alright. It's alright, it's not your fault.'' said Sunset, tears falling down her own face. She didn't even realize when she started hugging Ruby, she just did as her tears freely fell from her eyes.

''Is this a bad time?'' came a voice. Sunset turned, tears still in her eyes and her arms still around Ruby. The orange mare saw that it was Trixie with the Dazzlings. ''Why are you crying, Sunset. And why are you hugging Ruby, who by the way is also crying. It's like you retold her your darkest secret. Wait. You did, didn't you?''

''I did, but that doesn't matter to you. Come on, Ruby. These are you friends.'' said Sunset, with a smile. ''First up, Trixie.''

''Hi again, Ruby. I'm Trixie Lulamoon. I'm descended from Princess Luna, hence my surname but I don't process any particular magical powers that she has. Me, you and Sunset used to be a little trio, before the Dazzlings joined us.'' she had overheard the last part of Sunset's speech and so knew about how they were partially going to do this.

''Okay, next up.'' said Sunset, who had her hoof wrapped around Ruby's shoulder.

''Hi! Hi! I'm Sonata Dusk, your bubbly friend. I remember the time when I had bubblegum stuck to my hooves so I couldn't walk anywhere. You help me and we became fast friends after that. I wish you could remember, Rosy.'' Sonata's voice went very fast so it was hard for Ruby to pick up what she said, but Sunset whispered it into her ear for her.

''....Um....Okay, though I don't think anypony would become friends throw gum but...it doesn't matter. Um...next, I guess...''

''I guess, I'll go next.'' said the purple earth pony. ''Hi, I'm Aria Blaze....Well, I guess I could say that me and Sonata are together but that's just plain embarrassing.''

''Uh, Ari. You just said it.'' giggled Sunset. Even Ruby giggled a little.

Aria blushed strongly and ran back to the tent. The orange earth pony watched this before saying. ''Guess it's my turn. I'm Adagio Dazzle. The leader of the Dazzlings. Me and my 'sisters', if I could refer to them as that, were once evil but after out punishment and meeting with you and the others, we decided to be reformed. Of course, when we first met, me and the girls were only little fillies.''

''Fillies?...But...um, I thought your were full grown mares.'' asked Ruby, confused at what she meant. After all, Adagio and the others looked like grown ups.

''Nope, when me and the other two lost our powers.'' said Adagio, as she gripped onto the pendent that was wrapped her neck, the same pendent that was seen on both Aria and Sonata. ''We lost our bodies and we looked like spirits for centuries. Eventually, we regain enough magic to morph ourselves into these bodies but we still had to allow them to grow so we're only teenagers. Luckily, our growth is sped up so in another year or so, we'll be grown mares like you lot. But that's for a different time. You now know us and you definitely know Sunset considering she was the one who found, after you devastating accident, and saved you from the twittermites that live in the nearby woods. She was lucky to hear your cry, actually.''

''I...see...'' mumbled Ruby. She began thinking, would she ever get her memories back? Why did it seem like the girls were almost lying to her? And who were her parents? She didn't know any of the answers, considering her amnesia but she did know that she would be surprised when they returned.