• Published 22nd Apr 2015
  • 1,621 Views, 43 Comments

Recreation of Life - Sugarcube66



When a shocking incident leads Twilight to lose her memories, who will be there to pick up the pieces.

  • ...
13
 43
 1,621

Falling through the heavens

Twilight was sitting in one of the sky chariots. She was on her way home from Cantorlot, after having been summoned for a special talk with Princess Celestia about Twilight's role as the Element of Magic and about the knowledge that Celestia had a student before her. Twilight was thinking about this other student, and didn't really think about how fast the pegasi were going.

Celestia had said her former student's name was Sunset Shimmer but the mare wasn't her student for very long. She had introduced Sunset to a magic mirror which opened once every 30 moons and let to a alternative dimension, but after that Sunset vanished with the only trace left behind was the mare's precious sun locket that Celestia had given her and a note that spoke words of traitor and liar, both of which were in the room with the mirror. Celestia had also said that she didn't know what had drove Sunset away but neither the less, she was worried. A unicorn would be lost in the alternative world, and it would be dangerous if anypony discovered that she wasn't a 'human' and thus she wouldn't be safe there.

Twilight thought about it. The words traitor and liar rang through her head. Celestia wasn't a liar as for as she knew and she was like a mother to her. Wait, mother. Could it be possible that Celestia and Sunset Shimmer were related? There names were similar after all and that would explain it. If Celestia didn't want Sunset to find out about Sunset being her foal then it would make sense for Sunset to call Celestia a liar and a traitor. But why wouldn't the princess tell her daughter that they were related.

Twilight had no time to think about it when suddenly the chariot's speed picked up, due to a gust of wind catching the pegasi guards' wings and it was hard to keep control of the speed at which they were going. Twilight was gripping onto the chariot, hoping the quick speed would be short but she was unlikely as a gust of wind caused her to gasp out and lose her grip.

With nothing to grip too, Twilight fell through the air. Screaming so loud that her lungs pained, Twilight tried to flap her arms. She knew it was useless but she couldn't think of anything better to do at that particular point in time. She sighed, horn glowing as she wrapped her body into her herself, magic surrounding her. She couldn't stop the fall but she could lessen the impact. She sighed, and saw the ground getting closer to her every second.

Tears rippled from her eyes as she thought about her friends, family, Princess Celestia and everypony else who cared and cherished her, she hoped they wouldn't mind if she was found dead. She waited for the impact to come and sure enough, seconds later with a crash landing, she hit the earth beneath her.

But the problem was that when she hit the ground, her horn was hit harshly and it sent her raw magical abilities haywire. She gasped in horror, with what little conscious she had left in her as her colors changed. She wasn't suppose to be a different color, no what was happening? Why was her magic going haywire like this and it only got bad when her cutie mark, her destiny was robbed from her and replaced with another, one that would changed her life.

She tried to call for help, but her voice didn't work. Dust filled her eyes, nose and mouth as she struggled to breath. She began closing her hurting eyes, hoping that somepony would find her before it was too late. But she never saw anypony before her last strains of conscious faded in darkness, as she summoned her strength into one little plead. ''Help me....''


Nearby, a unicorn mare overheard the small yet weak pray for help. Her orange ears flickered as she tried to pinpoint the direction it was coming from. The mare gasped when she saw it coming from the nearby woods, which were filled with dangerous creatures such as fire snails and beetles, and twittermites.

If a pony was in those woods, then they weren't likely to make it out. The unicorn growled in frustration, wanting to help but not wanting to put her life at risk. She eventually went with her former choice and ran straight for the overgrowth. Her horn glowing, she trotted into the woods, prepared to fit if needed be.

She closed her eyes, let out a sigh and ran through the woods, looking for any sighs of life. That's when she spotted it, a pony with a crimson coat and rose colored mane was simply laying in the dirt. The pony was so covered in dust and mud that the unicorn could barely see that the pony was a mare, a unicorn mare just like herself. And that she had a rose cutie mark to go with her beautiful pink rose mane.

She shock her head, trying to clear her thoughts as she bolted to the mare. The unicorn looked over the crimson mare with concern ridden in her turquoise eyes. She scanned the mare's breathing for a respond and was glad to see that the mare was still, in fact, alive. But that was the least of her concerns. The orange mare had to get her out of her, now!

''Sorry, but try and stay asleep.'' mumbled the unicorn mare, to the sleeping unicorn. 'Okay, calm down, Shimmer, it'll be okay. We just have to get out of here, now! Like right now!'

Shimmer groaned as she forced herself to pick the sleeping mare up from the ground and placed her on her back. The mare was heavy but what could you expect from a full grown mare. Shimmer sighed and bolted for the exit to the woods. She had to get the mare out of there and especially before anything dangerous chose that time to appear.

Shimmer could say that she was glad when she finally escape the woods and saw a couple of friendly faces. Her bests friends, the group looked at her with concern. Eventually one of them, a unicorn like her, but a light blue instead of a flaming orange, asked. ''Sunset, are you alright? Why did you enter those woods and why are you carrying a mare with you?''

''Trixie, not know. This mare has obviously been through a lot. I mean, she's unconscious and definitely didn't know that I had saved her from the dreadful place.'' said Sunset, as she put the rose mare on the floor. ''I wonder what her name is.''

''Something to do with rose?'' questioned one of the other mares, a bouncing blue earth pony.

''Sonata, really? Thanks for the obvious.'' groaned one of the other two, this one also a earth but purple instead of blue. ''You agree, Adagio.''

''Yep. What are you going to do with her, Sunny?'' said Adagio, a orange earth pony.

''Well, maybe she should come with us. I mean, it might not be so bad.'' mumbled Sunset, though she didn't realize that her cheeks like up a bit.

''Oh, you have a crush on this mare and you don't even know if she can speak, hear, see or whatever!?'' gasped Trixie, in a shocked tone of voice. Her best friend was in love with an unconscious mare?! That just didn't sound right at all.

''I do not....I'm just worried about her, that's all. Let's settle down for the night and ask her in the morning.'' suggested Sunset, with a thick blush on her face as she slip into her orange, sunset designed sleeping bag. The others struggled at their friends actions and went to sleep themselves, thinking about what would transpire the very next day.