• Published 24th Apr 2015
  • 3,619 Views, 75 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Lost Memory - Darklinker1231



Link has saved the world of Termina from impending doom from Majoras mask. Now continuing his search for his friend he travels the land hoping to find her. What Link didn't know was that he had another adventure in another world for a chance at peace

  • ...
5
 75
 3,619

Chapter 3: Who What Where Am I

Author's Note:

Before we begin, I wish to apologize for taking so long with this chapter. And I also have to apologize short and doesn't have much, but when you have to re write the same chapter four times, it starts to become tiring. I'm glad I got something out before I go back to school and I'll try and not make the next chapter take as long but that's probably a promise I won't keep.

Anyways enjoy you're chapter.

Tap Tap Tap

Those were the only sounds that echoed across the castle of the two sisters. It was one of the few things that made a sound in the abandoned castle. The source of this noise sat upon the throne that once belonged to Celestia, a large cloak covered his whole body. The only visible features were his yellow eyes and clawed hand. He took a deep breath and sighed.

"Jeez it sure is boring around here." He said as he stretched. "I didn't realize making a complicated plan to make sure that my enemies would have a slow and painful death but waiting for the right time to do it is just exhausting."

The figure then snapped his claws and arising from the ground was another cloak figure but this one had bright green eyes instead. He drew a large dagger from under his cloak and stabbed it to the ground as he knelled down and bowed.

"How can I serve you master." The assassin kneeling on the ground asked.

"Aw quit the formalities we're friends here." The cloak figure asked. "Come on tell me your name and I'll tell you mine." He said with a wave with his clawed hand.

"You know the rules of the Garo master." The Garo said.

"Yes yes of course." He then raised his hand, which was balled up in a fist. "The Garo cannot reveal their identities, to kill without leaving a trace, and of course your biggest rule to die without leaving a corpse behind." He listed each rule as he raised three fingers. "Fine and here I thought you wanted to be friends."

"Master I ask of you again why have you summoned me." The Garo asked with a bit of irritation hidden in his voice.

"Oh right I have a job for you." The cloaked figure said as he materialized a picture of a colt on it, he tossed it at the Garo who stabbed it with his dagger. He looked at the picture and saw a small yellow colt in green clothes. "I need you to kill that little colt, you see we have different opinions. He wanted to live and I didn't"

"Very well I'll make his death is quick and painful." The Garo said putting the picture

"Now wait a minute." The cloaked figure said as he raised his finger. "You see while I enjoy a slow painful death after he deserves what's coming to him. Kid is tougher than he looks it's going to take something extreme to kill him. I suggest you cut right through his neck." He said as he drew a line on his neck with this finger. "Don't do it too deep I want him to feel every bit of pain as he slowly dies from blood lose, it'll be hilarious."

"I see, very well master I will make his death a painful one." The Garo said.

"Good that's what I like to hear. Oh and by the way if you fail." The cloaked figure then snapped his fingers, which caused two strings to appear on the Garos arm. Then with a flick of his wrist he made the Garo pull out both of his daggers and point at his neck from under his cloak. "I'll show you what happens to those who fail me, they don't call me the puppet master for no reason you know." He said in threatening voice that made the Garo shake in fear.

"I-I s-shall not fail you my master." The Garo said with a stutter.

"Really good well so long now." The cloaked figure then snapped his claws making the Garo disappear.

The cloaked figured then began chuckling. "Wow those guys are merciless, I thought he would question why he wanted that kid dead but I guess no mercy for no one. He then materialized another picture of the colt. You won't be getting in my way kid and even if you somehow survive I won't stop till your dead." He then burned the photo and threw it's ashes into the air. He then turned his head in a random direction looking in no particular direction.

"No one is going to get in my way. Not him, the goddesses, or the princesses of this land will be able to stop what I have planned. Now to take care of a little lizard problem." The cloak figure said before disappearing in a flash.



***



As Tael felt consciousness returning to him, he slowly began to open his eyes. He instantly closed them as bright light hit his eyes hard. He slowly opened his eyes and got used to the light in the room. He began flapping his wings and rose into the air again. When he saw his reflection in the mirror again. He started at the reflection for a few seconds, he moved side to side to see that if followed his movements exactly. He sighed and shook his head, and by head it was his entire body.

"Well this is just great. First we get attack by a giant Moldorm and some Lizalfos, then a portal opened up out of nowhere pulling the both of us in and now we're stuck in entirely different world in different forms no way to change back because Link lost all his items." Tael yelled in frustration. Realizing he lost his temper like his sister he quickly calmed down now wasn't the time to get angry. He just had to wake Link get him out of this place and find all his stuff before finding a way back to Hyrule.

Tael then looked up to see the sun' position from the looks of it a day had gone by indicated by the location of the sun. Good they still had time before any of Links items could get stolen. He could only imagine if someone found the transformation masks and the ocarina. That is if he wasn't knocked out for a couple days and not one.

Tael then floated over and looked over Link's injuries. He was surprised those ponies healed his wounds from the Moldorm and Lizalfos so quickly. Though even if they hadn't healed them Link would have been all right, he could get slashed across the chest by a giant axe and fight two Ironknuckles as if nothing happened.

Tael looked at Link and did a small tackle to his forehead. This causes Link's face to scrunch up but doesn't wake him up.

"Come on Link wake up." Tael said as he floated over the hero's head. "You can't just sleep when all of your stuff is gone and you turned into a pony." Tael then slammed down harder on Links face, which made the hero's eye slowly opened. Tael flew back as the hero began to sit up and rubbed his eyes. Once he finished rubbing his eyes he opened them fully and began to look around where he was.

"Link you ok, that portal may have changed your body again but don't worry we can fix this." Tael assured the young pony in front of him. "We just need to find your ocarina since we lost that with the rest of your stuff." Tael explained to the hero and waited for him to freak out at the fact that he lost all his stuff especially his ocarina but after a few seconds he didn't react.

"Uh Link stuff gone, precious ocarina that you got from a friend that you care deeply about and went through a lot of trouble to get back. Link simply blinked. "You know the very same one that can control weather, the sun and moon, and time itself." Link just blinked again. "THE VERY SAME ONE THAT HELPED YOU SAVE THE LAND OF TERMINA FROM A EVIL CHAOTIC MASK GOD THAT WAS BENT ON DESTROYING THE ENTIRE WORLD BECAUSE HE THOUGHT IT WAS A GAME." Tael practically screamed, the only response he got was Link tilting his head.

"LINK HOW ARE YOU NOT FREAKED OUT BY THIS SOMEONE OUT THERE COULD FIND THE OCARINA OR MASKS AND SOMETHING TERRIBLE COULD HAPPEN IF THEY FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS." Tael said as he began hyperventilating.

What Link said next shocked Tael and made him even more nervous.

"Who are you exactly?" Link asked with a tilt of his head.

"H-he doesn’t know who I am." Tael asked nervously.

Suddenly Tael heard something behind him he turned and was shocked to find something he thought he would never see here. A member of the Garo was standing on the other side of the room. It seems I have been detected, no matter this won't take long. Two daggers then slipped out from his cloak into his hands, he then sped towards Link ready to cut him in half.

Tael gasped and quickly slammed into Link pushing him off the bed. The Garo slashed down at the bed cutting it in half. He stood up and walked over the bed and looked down at Link.

"Link run get out of here." Tael yelled hoping he would understand the situation they were in. Link thankfully got up and ran away only for the Garo to grab him by the tail and lift him up. Link struggled to get out of the grip until the Garo punched him straight in the stomach.

"Do not try to resist." The Garo said as he brought the dagger to Links throat. "Death is a sentence no one can escape no matter how hard they try. Now you die."

"Let me go." Link said as he continued to struggle against his hold but no matter what he couldn't escape from his grip. Tael rammed into the Garo head hoping that he would let him go. The Garo annoyed by Tael raised his arm away from Links throat and slammed Tael into the ground hard. Once he was done he brought the dagger back to Links throat.

"Say goodbye to life boy for this will be the last you shall see it." The Garo said, and then brought the dagger across Links throat. A large gash was then present on his throat and started to leak blood, which dripped on the ground. The Garo then went towards the window ready to leave with the body. He opened it and prepared to jump out but not before conjuring up some flames in his open hand then threw it towards the trail of dripping blood. Once it made contact the blood was gone and the flames disappeared without leaving a scorch mark. As he was about to jump out he heard something he couldn't believe, he looked down and saw that Link was coughing trying once again to get out of his grip. He coughed hard making him wince in pain as he held his throat with his hooves..

"Impossible that cut I gave to your throat should have killed you, how are you still alive. It seems that you are no ordinary child I'll make sure your dead for good this time." The Garo pulled out his dagger and brought it back ready to pierce his heart. Suddenly on Links left hoof three golden triangles appeared which shined a bright gold light blinding the Garo. The Garo dropped Link as he covered his eyes hissing in pain. He stepped back as he rubbed his eyes trying to regain his sight. Tael seeing that the Garo was nears the open window. He flew above the floor and charged at the Garo as fast as he could and slammed into his chest hard enough causing him to tumble back. The Garo fell through the window and landed hard on the ground.

Tael looked down to see the Garo wasn't moving. That was until he pulled out a round blue object. The rope on the top of the object started to burn.

"To die without out leaving a corpse, that is the way of the Garo." He said before the bomb exploded causing a large red cloud to appear. When it blew away nothing was left behind not a scorch mark indicating the blast was there or a body. Tael looked outside and was surprised no one was around to see what had just happened.

Tael sighed before realizing what happened to Link. He flew over and was surprised to see the wound on Links neck was quickly beginning to heal by a golden light, when the light disappeared the wound was completely healed. Link then stood up and stretched his legs and rubbed his throat.

"I swear Link that Triforce of courage makes you near immortal with how you can survive the most life threatening situations. Well at least the goddesses are still watching over you." Tael noted as the Triforce on his hoof stopped glowing.

Link looked at his hoof in confused as to what just happened. 'What was that and who was that. And most importantly how am I still alive' Link thought to himself as he touched his neck where he had his throat cut.

"Oh yeah you don't remember who you are I guess it's up to me to jog your memory. Even though we only been travelling together for a week I still don't know much aside from what Tatl has told me about you and that's still not much. And I'm pretty sure you didn't have wings." Tael noted as he looked at the golden colored wings that were now on Link.

Link simply shook his head. Tael sighed and shook his body. "Alright Link let's get out of here and look for your stuff and hope they can jog your memory. Come on let's g-”. Tael didn't have time to finish when the door opened and nurse Redheart walked in. Nurse Redheart gasped when she saw Link standing next to his bed, which was still cut in half.

"Are you ok." Nurse Redheart said as she ran up to check up on Link. "What happened here." She looked at the bed, which was completely destroyed. That's when she noticed Tael floating next to Link. She stared wide-eyed at him and slowly stood up and backed up. Once she reached one of the drawers she opened it and pulled out a bottle.

Tael wondered what the nurse was doing, that's when she quickly swipe a bottle at him trapping him inside. She quickly placed the lid back on the top of the bottle preventing him from escaping.

"Phew that was close Ponyville doesn't need another Parasprite infestation. I'll take you to Pinkie later but first let's get you into the other bed." She said to Link as she placed the bottle on top of the drawer and lead him to the other bed. She grabbed Link and placed him on top of the bed.

"You stay right here alright, I'll get the doctor and have him do a check up on you." She said as she began to walk away. Link lay on the bed wondering where he was. Link had to admit to himself he was a bit scared waking up in a place he didn't recognize and didn't even know who he was.

'Why can't I remember anything it feels like I should but all I can remember is that my name is Link.' He thought to himself. 'I wonder what that bug was saying, it looked like it was yelling at me. Well I guess it doesn't matter.' Link looked at Tael who was hitting the bottle cork trying to escape. 'He did save my life I guess I could help him.' Link reached over to the bottle and picked it up between his hooves.

Link grabbed the lid with his mouth and removed it quite easily. Tael quickly flew out of the bottle as soon as it opened.

"Oh thank the giants I got out of there, I am not a bottle fairy." Tael said as he breathed in and out. Tael looked back at Link and sighed. "Thanks Link now let's get out of here." Tael quickly flew over to the destroyed bed and quickly found Links hat. He flew into and picked it off the ground.

Tael flew over and placed it over Links head and flew out. Alright hat back on now all we need is the tunic. Tael flew over to the other beds nightstand to pick up both of Link pouches, which were still on his belt. Tael flew back and Quickly fastened them around Links waist.

"Alright that's everything except your tunic which I can't find, but we can worry about that later now come on let's go." Tael said flying towards the window.

"Ok we aren't too far from the ground, Link should be fine if he jumped but with how he is now I can't and might risk drawing too much attention." Tael then flew over to the door and saw that it was open a bit. "Alright looks like we're going to have to leave the old fashion way."

"Come on Link we have to get out of here." Tael said as he nudged the door trying to open it. "Why is it so hard for fairies to open doors." Tael says as he tried opening the door.

Link stared at Tael wondering why he hadn't flown out the window, but he felt as though he wanted him to follow. "Something tells me that bug knows who I am, if putting this hat and pouches on me were any indication. I better make sure nothing happens to him, he might just give the answers I need." Link jumped off the bed and walked over and opened the door, Tael quickly flew out with Link close behind. "I just hope I can figure out what it's saying because all I'm hearing are chirps."

All right now where is the exit. Tael looked left and right and saw a staircase going down. Come on Link this way. Tael said as he flew over the staircase and made his way down. Link followed him still wondering what he was saying. 'I wonder if it realizes that it's only chirping at me.' Link thought to himself as he followed Tael down the stairs. Tael reached the bottom of the stairs with Link close behind, while looking around he saw that the hallway split again. Quickly flying over there he looked down both halls and saw the exit leading outside.

"Link I found the exit, let's go." Tael quickly flew towards the exit. Link quickly ran after him but was suddenly hit in the head making him stop. Link rubbed his head as he glared at the floating bug above him. "Sorry I have to check if someone is there." Tael looked at the desk and saw that there wasn't a single pony in sight. Quickly flying to the door Tael floated next to it waiting for Link.

Link looked at Tael wondering what the bug had planned. 'Maybe he knows where we are. It looks like he knows what he's doing. I better not get left behind though'

Link steeled himself and quickly moved towards the door opening and followed Tael outside. Tael floated and looked around the area, the past seemed to lead straight into the town.

'If we head into the town we may figure out where we are, though I thinks it's best if we find a library. And maybe if we went back to where that portal was we can find a clue to where the masks and other stuff are.' Tael thought to himself. "All right Link I have a pla-" Tael looked back at Link or where Link was suppose to be.

Tael noticed that Link was already walking into town. "W-wait up Link." Tael yelled as he flew after the small pony.

***

Link and Tael walked through the town though not many ponies were out, the ones that were out were opening up their shops or were setting up their stalls, none however paid any mind to Link or Tael. Link looked around the town admiring everything he saw.

Since he didn't have his memory it seemed even the littlest of things amused him. Tael didn't care too much about the town he was preoccupied with other thoughts.

'Oh I wish sis was here, I could really use her help. With Link's memory gone he won't recognize any of his items and I hate myself for not memorizing everything he lost, he just had so many things I thought I would be fine without needing to memorize them. I bet sis didn't have to deal with this all she had to deal with were monsters, curses, and the moon falling destroying the entire world.' Tael thought to himself. 'Ok I just need to calm down and remember the stuff he did have. That might just get his memory back'

Tael quickly looked back at Link and saw that he staring at something. Tael quickly flew back and turned to see what he was looking at. Tael then stared wide-eyed at the giant house made of gingerbread. Link started to walk towards it before he heard something.

"Look out." Link turned towards the voice and was hit by something moving fast. Both Link and whatever hit him fell to the ground. Link groaned in pain as he stood back up rubbing his right foreleg in pain. Tael flew over to Link seeing if he was okay. Link however ignored Tael as he looked at what hit him.

He saw a blue scooter laying on the ground and an orange pony lying on the ground. She groaned as she sat and rub her head. Ow ok probably not my best ride. Scootaloo said, Scootaloo eyes widened as she realized she hit somepony. "Oh man did I hit them too hard where are they, please tell me I didn't hurt them too bad." Scootaloo turned and saw that Link was staring at her.

"Are you okay?" Link asked as he looked at her in confusion.

"Huh oh yeah I'm fine, wait aren't you the pony I hit?" Scootaloo questioned which Link answered with a nod. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I was doing a trick on my scooter and I sort of messed up, anyways I lost control and ended up crashing into you. You're not hurt are you?" Scootaloo asked hoping she didn't hurt Link too bad.

Link looked down at the scrap on his arm it actually didn't hurt him too much, he'll probably be fine. "Not the worse injury I had all day. Didn't hurt like the other one though." Link said rubbing his neck.

"Yeah if you say so, so you new to Ponyville I haven't seen you around before. The name's Scootaloo second coolest pony in all of Ponyville. So what's your name?” Scootaloo asks as she picks up her scooter from the ground.

"It's Link, I think." Link mumbled the last part under his breath.

"Well it was nice meeting you but I got to go, see ya around. Scootaloo said before hopping back on her scooter and riding off. Link watched the pony leave before he felt his hat move." Tael flew out and flew in front of Links face. "Good to see you're okay Link, looks like we got some information on this, we're in a place called Ponyville but in what country or world we still got nothing on that."

"Anyways let's head inside, I doubt anything bad will happen in there." Tael flew towards the entrance of the bakery shop and waited for Link. Link quickly ran inside remembering the smell of the store Tael quickly flew inside wanting some treats as well.



***



The cloaked figure walked through the halls admiring the halls of Princess Twilight's castle. "This castle sucks, I can't figure out where anything is. I swear this is the first thing I'm going to destroy when I commence my plan. And quit ignoring me." The cloaked figure yelled at the two guards that just walked past him, forgetting that he was currently invisible. He then stood up straight and pulled the collar of his cloak. "Jeez what's it take to get some attention around here."

The cloaked figure slowly looked around and smiled as he saw two armed guards standing by a locked and chained door. "Looks like they made some extra security measures. Well doesn't matter I'll just head right on in." The cloaked figure walked towards the door passing through one of the guards causing him to shiver and then the door.

"Lets see where those little pests are." The cloaked figure looked at each cell and finally found what he was looking for. "Jeez don't I feel like idiot it was the first one. Oh well time to greet the prisoners, hello boys fancy meeting you here." The cloaked figure said as he stared at the cowering Lizalfos on the floor.

"You know, when I sent you all with a massive Moldorm to kill a kid I thought it would work, but nooooo. You just had to let the Moldorm die you just had to get sucked into a portal and then you have the nerve to get your FUCKING ASSES KICKED BY FUCKING PONIES." The cloaked figure yelled at the cowering Lizalfos." I AM SO ANGRY AT YOU STUPID FUCKING LIZARDS; I GAVE YOU ALL ONE TASK. He raised a single clawed finger. ONE SIMPLE TASK AND IT WAS TO KILL A KID. NOW GUESS WHAT YOU MADE ME ANGRY AND I NEED SOMETHING TO VENT ON, SO YOU STUPID ASS LIZARDS WILL JUST HAVE TO DO." With a wave of his clawed hand he opened the cell door and walked in.so let's have some fun. He whispered menacingly.

Five minutes later

The cloaked figure stepped out of the cell as he wiped the blood onto his cloak. "Phew thanks for the help you guys have fun and this blood will be a keeper that's for sure." The cloak figure said before looking up. "Oh and mister narrator, I'm getting real tired being called cloaked figure it sounds retarded, and I doubt anyone that hasn't played my game or heard of me will know who I am, my name isn't cloaked figure." His yellow eyes glowed under his hood.

It's Majora