• Published 24th Apr 2015
  • 3,618 Views, 75 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Lost Memory - Darklinker1231



Link has saved the world of Termina from impending doom from Majoras mask. Now continuing his search for his friend he travels the land hoping to find her. What Link didn't know was that he had another adventure in another world for a chance at peace

  • ...
5
 75
 3,618

Chapter 8: Don't Crash or Burn

After the incident with Spike had transformed, Link having no idea on how else to help decided to go back to his room. Spike still not used to his new form and a bit frightened of what other changes have happened to him. Twilight while sounding confident when she told Spike she would find a way to fix this. Not only was she faced with yet another creature she's never seen before it was also in the form of her dragon companion. She had spent all night looking through every book she had that may have a small sliver of a clue as to what Spike had turned into and how a mask had made him this way but sadly there were no such clues.

While most ponies had fallen asleep, Twilight had continued to work through the night as she usually did looking for the answer. All she got during that night was dead end after dead end. While she grew a bit more irritated she continued to search. Soon the moon had gone down and the sun rose, shining it's radiant yellow hue over Equestria waking all those who had been asleep. Even if they didn't want to be awoken.

Link groaned as he covered his head with his pillow trying to shield himself from the suns way of waking a pony up which was simply blinding them whether their eyes were open or not. Try as much as he could Link couldn't go back to sleep, covering his face with a pillow or blanket wasn't his idea of relaxing and getting up to close the blinds wasn't a journey he was willing to make. After a while Link groaned unable to go back to sleep, he got up and off the bed and shut the blinds causing him to sigh. "Dumb sun, dumb light, dumb brightness, can't I get some sleep around here without being bothered." He muttered as he grabbed his hat and placed it on, he saw that Tael was still asleep, he carefully picked up the small sprite and placed him under his hat and smiled. He walked out of the room and began searching for the kitchen.

After spending at least five minutes searching, Link had finally found the room, once he entered he saw Spike inside, making a sandwich. The now wooden dragon turned and looked at Link waving a wooden claw at the colt. Link waved a hoof back "You making breakfast?" He asked to which Spike nodded in response

"Not for me, It's Twilights, she's been up all night ever since what happened. She usually does this so I have to make sure she eats and doesn't collapse." He said "You can have anything you want, you are technically living here now." He said as he walked out of the room with the sandwich heading towards Twilight's study.

"Not feeling like food right now." He said although he did feel thirsty, he looked at the fridge "He did say I could have anything I want, may as well get a drink." He said to himself, he walked to the fridge and opened it to see a wide variety of food and drinks, he also did a double take to notice some gems inside but he decided not to dwell on it. Link spotted a carton of milk which hasn't been open yet, he grabbed the carton and closed the fridge. "Guess this will do." He noticed a empty glass cup on the table and walked over to balancing the carton on his back. He opened it and poured the milk into the glass and filled it. He chugged the milk down but tasted something strange. Still feeling thirsty he refilled the glass and drank it still finding it to taste strange.

His thirst however wasn't quenched as a solution he decided to just go for it and grabbed the carton with both his hooves and began drinking from it. He chugged the entire thing not taking a breath as he drank the entire carton till it was empty. He placed the empty carton down and wiped his muzzle of any excess milk when he felt a strange feeling in his head. His body began swaying, he teetered back and forth almost as if he was going to fall. Even though he tried his best not to, Link tripped on his own hooves falling face first into the floor

Link stared at the ground his vision began to become very fuzzy, he tried rubbing his eyes trying to make it go away but it was still there after he stopped. "Why's e-e-everyyyyything." He hiccuped in the middle of his sentence "F-f-fuzzzzy."

Tael the fairy turned parasprite having woken up from Link falling which had given the small creature to get quite a wake up. Tael floated out from under Link's hat and looked down at Link, he tackled the back of his head a few times softly of course as to not hurt the colt who laid on the floor. "Link is everything alright?" The purple parasprite asked his friend worried he was hurt.

Link looked up at Tael and chuckled "H-h-heeyyyyy weird creatttture thing, gooood m-m-morrrning." He said with a drunken slur causing him to laugh a bit as he laid on the floor with a goofy grin on his face. Tael gasped as he looked at his partner

"Oh no he's drunk, not good, definitely not good." He said noticing the carton of milk on the table "Oh sweet giants Link please don't tell me you drank all of that without a break." He went over to the carton to inspect it, when he saw the results he gulped as he remembered one of the stories his sister had told him when she was with Link in their adventure in Termina.

***

"Come on Link, get off that stool and let's go you've been drinking too much of the chateau romani." Tatl said floating over the drunken young adventurer who was holding another bottle in his hand as he laid his head on the bar table, his face had a drunken blush as he had a dopey smile on his face.

"A-A-Awww come on Tatllll I'll let you know when I had enough." He giggled as he drank some more of the milk "You should try it." He said pushing the bottle up to her but almost falling off the stool in the process.

Tatl groaned "No Link I'm not now stop wasting your rupees on this, you're gonna overdose and have the worst stomach ache in the morning." She said trying to convince the young hero to stop. "And we still gotta save Termina from skull kid in case you forgot

"Bahhhh I-I've dealt with worse then a stomach ache Tatl and besides I h-h-helped Cremia deal with those bandits I deserve this." He said "Plus getting that hug was a pretty great reward too." He said in a small whisper as he felt another blush that made his ears burn a bit. "Anyways you gotta stop worrying we'll be just fine. "Hey barkeep another one please." Link said after pulling out more rupees and setting them down on the counter.

Tatl noticing the amount gave a small sigh of relief "Good that isn't enough for him to get the chateau romani, maybe now we can hopefully leave." She however was suprised when she saw the barkeeper take the rupees and give Link another glass of milk "H-Hey what are you doing. That's not enough to pay for the chateau." She said getting a bit angry

"You're right little miss, but it's enough for regular milk." The bar keep said cleaning a glass in his hand. "Seems he has the chateau curse now. Any milk he drinks is now going to be alcoholic." He said as if it weren't a big deal

"WHAT." Tatl said her glow changing from yellow to red "HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK, IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE."

"You tell me about sense when you stop being a magical fairy little miss." The barkeep said in a calm voice, causing Tatl red glow to change from red to light shade of pink "Best explanation I could give you is magic, there's something in the chateau that causes the curse. It's one of the many mysteries of Termina."

"So now any milk he drinks is alcohol." She stared at Link who was paying no mind to the conversation and seemed to be day dreaming. "That can't be healthy."

"Well yes but he won't get drunk or feel any of the nasty side effects of being drunk if he drinks a normal amount, but if he drinks a whole bottle or carton full well expect him to be drunk, just tell him to slow down on the milk drinking."

Tatl stared at Link some more, this is just what she needed more reasons for Link to get in trouble, well she'll explain it when he sobers up. "Thanks we'll be on our way. Come on Link let's go."

Link groaned and finished his milk and placed the glass down and followed her his steps however were very dis-coordinated so he had trouble following her especially up the stairs. Tatl sighed and just hoped this would be over soon.

***

"Oh man I promised Tatl Link wouldn't get drunk off milk again, she's going to be so mad if she finds out." Tael said pacing in mid air "Ok just gotta get Link to bed and have him sleep, he'll have a hangover but he'll be fine in the end." He continued to mutter to himself not noticing Link walking towards the exit

"I-I-I neeeeed some fressssh airrrr." He said opening a door that had lead outside the castle. "Y-y-y-youuu can feel the fresh air." He said as he stepped outside and began trotting towards the town each movement nearly causing him to fall over.

"Alright Link let's get you to be-" Tael eyes widened and he quickly flew after him "Wait Link come back you need sleep, you love that right?" Tael flew after him determined not to lose the young hero. "Come on this isn't what we need right now, what we need is for you to be sober and not drunk, how does that sound. Must sound pretty appealing right now huh." Tael quickly flew in front of Link

"Heyyyy weird creature, I wassss just heading into town, g-get like a piece of fruit or something." He giggled a bit as a drunken blush made itself more apparent on his muzzle

***

As Spike entered the library holding the tray of food he had prepared for the princess he walked over each footstep causing that strange squeaking sound each time which was beginning to get on his nerves. He quickly placed the plate down on Twilight's work station "Twilight I know I asked to find a cure for this I didn't mean for you to forget to eat and sleep." Spike said putting his wooden claws on his hips as he stared at Twilight who was reading through a book.

"Spike I'll be well rested and taking care of myself again in no time, but first to figure out what you were turned into it first. I mean it's not like you turned into a creature that has never been seen in Equestria like those lizards but hey I'm sure there's something in one of these books just gotta keep looking." She said with a yawn as she flipped through a page. Spike merely sighed while covering his mouth to prevent another bubble from coming out his mouth.

"The least you could do is blow out the candles, no need to waste them in broad daylight." Spike said raising two wooden claws and bringing them to the flame. However due to Spike's new body gave him some new results, he would usually be protected by his scales when getting rid off the flame off a candle and they weren't flammable.

His new body had brought him some new results however "I mean seriously Twilight gotta make each candle count right." Spike then sniffed the air smelling smoke "Wait do you smell something burning I thought I turned that candle off." Spike raised his hand to shut off the flame until he realized his hand was on fire "TWILIGHT!" Spike yelled as he began waving his hand around trying to get rid of the fire which continued to spread to his arm

Twilight looking up from her book gasped seeing Spike on fire, she quickly looked around for something to douse the flames with, thankfully she found a pitcher of water next to the sandwich Spike brought. Levitating it with her magic she ran over to Spike.

"Spike stay still." She said to the wooden dragon who stayed in place once he realized the stop drop and roll method wasn't working. Twilight quickly tossed the water onto him getting rid of all the flames. Once all the flames were doused, Spike let out a sigh of relief and looked at Twilight, he was about to thank her but stopped seeing the horrified look on her face. He also noticed that she wasn't looking directly at him

"Twilight what's wrong." He asked looking at what she was getting so worked up at, his eyes widen as they landed on his right arm or where it used to be. Spike's entire right arm was gone the only thing that remained of it was a scorched stump. Spike stared at the stump and began to breath heavily as his body trembled.

"I CAN FIX THIS!" Twilight said and levitated several books and opened them up, she skimmed through them as quickly as she could. "I'm sure there's something here Spike, there has to be something." She frantically kept searching hoping for the solution for this problem was here in her books.

Spike who continued to stare at the stump continued to breath heavily, he felt lightheaded dizzy and was possibly on the verge of passing out from shock. He moved his only hand to the stump and began rubbing it to see if he wasn't hallucinating thinking this wasn't real, but as soon as he touched the spot his heart began to beat faster. He would have fallen unconscious if he hadn't felt something growing. He stared for a few seconds when a couple of roots had began coming out of his stump. More had came out and began merging with each other becoming one solid thing. Spike who was in shock didn't seem to realize that half of his arm had grown back; and more roots just kept coming.

"Twilight." Spike tried getting the attention of the mare but she was too focused in her books in trying to find a solution to the problem. "Twilight." Spike tried getting the mare's attention again but failed. He sighed getting annoyed, this however was a bit expected. He took a deep breath and yelled "TWILIGHT!" With that the mare jumped in place and looked at Spike a panicked look in her eyes.

"Spike what is it, what happened." She asked frantically thinking something worse has happened to the young drake. Spike's response was to simply show Twilight his arm which was just finishing up it's regeneration process, his fingers coming back into place where they belonged. Both Twilight and Spike stared at the arm both not saying anything. Spike curled and uncurled his fingers a few times seeing that they were working properly, it's as if he had never lost them or his arm. "H-How is this even possible?" She said staring at the wooden appendage in amazement having never seen anything like that before.

"I don't know but at least it's back now, I wonder if I can do that again." Spike rubbed his chin as he stared at the candle flame that was still lit. "Maybe if I just." Spike then noticed Twilight giving him a look that basically told him not to even try it. He chuckled nervously and put his hands behind his back

"So strange, I really wish I could study this some more but to just test it out, it's too dangerous and I can't risk hurting you. You're not a dragon in the normal sense so you won't be as resistant to pain, you're going to have to be extra careful Spike I don't know if you can regenerate an entire body if that were to happen."

Spike nodded as he listened to Twilight, he was lucky this time and he wasn't as eager to see if he could keep regenerating "Well I guess I won't be cooking as much as I want." He said looking up at her

"We'll figure something out Spike, now why don't you go about your day, I'll eat and get back to finding a way to turn you back." She rubbed the dragon's head and smiled as she lifted up her sandwich with her magic and took a bite. Spike while Twilight couldn't see it was smiling and left the room to let her have her privacy.

As the room became silent once more, Twilight stared down at her plate thoughts plaguing her mind on the current event that have been happening. In just a few days she has become utterly baffled, and it all started when she first brought Link through the portal, those creatures were just the start, then the chimera attacking, her magic not working on Link, and Spike's transformation which could regenerate limbs that were torn or burned off. Twilight sighed, the stress was getting to her but she knew something was wrong, all of these weren't a coincidence somepony had to be behind this but who and why. The one thing that frightened her was what could happen next.

She had to figure this all out soon or else there will be trouble. Once done with her food she continued her search for a cure for Spike and just hoped nothing wrong could happen today.

***

Link had a dopey grin on his face as he tumbled through Ponyville, occasionally bumping into a Pony and letting out a slurred sorry causing them to give him a weird look that he ignored. Tael who had managed to hide underneath Link's hat after he had left the castle gulped hoping no one would question why the colt was drunk or how he got drunk. He nor Link were in any position of explaining.

Link let out a hiccup as he kept walking "Wwwwhat to do. He looked through the town trying to find something that could hold his interest but couldn't find anything "I guessss I need a guide." He said and began walking again making his way into the market passing by many different stalls. Link looked back and forth between each stall, checking out what each one had to sell. He realized they weren't very diverse only selling one product at each one. He wasn't one to judge on what people sold however and kept browsing, this however caused him to crash into something

"Hey kid watch where you're going, this stuff is fragile." Link looked up to see a pony that had a wagon tied to him, he looked at what he was carrying and saw it was filled with a whole bunch of pots. "Now if you don't mind I have to deliver these things to the store." The pony then began making his way through the market area to his destination.

Link stared at pony go away, but he wasn't looking directly at him, he was looking at the items he had to deliver. Link began following him keeping his eyes on the pots. He was filled with a strange feeling, a urge, to take one of those pots and just smash it. This feeling wouldn't go away as he kept staring at the items in mention. It would just keep growing in him, now he wanted to break all of them. What would it get him though, money, love, the tools to success. He doubted he could get any of those things from doing it, but he still felt like doing it.

Tael seeing Link following the pots quickly hit him from under his hat to get him out of his trance. Link blinked and shook his head, he put a hoof onto his head and rubbed it. "Oh jeez that was weird." He looked around and sighed as he began rubbing the side of his head. He continued walking still in a bit of drunk daze. Link vision began to blur a bit, he tried shaking his head to get rid it. Though it ended up making him lose sight of where he was going causing him to run into something again.

Link groaned and looked up at what he hit this time. It was a stand this time, and it looked to filled with a wide arrange of apples. He must have stared at the apples for a while because he felt somebody shaking him. He turned to the one who got him out of his daze and saw it was a yellow pony with a red mane and large pink bow.

"Hey you okay there? You hit your head and been starin' at the apples for a while." She asked, giving him a strange look

"Yeahhh I'm fine." He said rubbing his face again "Was in a daze for a second, I'm good now." He hiccuped and stared at her "Do I have something on my face." Link rubbed his face with his hoof and looked back at her "Is it gone?"

"You're kinda actin' strange, ya sure you're alright." She said giving him a concerned look

"May have some headache's later with all the stuff I keep running into but I'm sure I'll be fine." Link gave her a smile before falling face first into the floor.

Apple Bloom jumped a bit, not expecting the colt to suddenly fall over. She stared at him growing worried when he didn't make any attempt to get up, she shook his body and saw that he had his eyes closed. He had fallen unconscious. "Oh that ain't good. Hey Big Mac." She called for her brother who walked over from the other side of the cart. "I think he needs some help." She said looking at Link with a worried expression

Big Mac simply nodded, he closed up the stand and buckled it around his waist, he picked the colt up and placed him on his back and began walking back to the farm Apple Bloom following behind.

***

When Link opened his eyes again, he saw that he was inside a building, he sat up and rubbed his head feeling a massive headache. He groaned and laid back down rubbing his stomach as well, he curled up a bit, his stomach in pain. "Oh that hurts, that really hurts." He groaned and looked up when he heard the door open. In came that small pony he saw earlier along with a much larger red one and an elderly green one; they must have been the one's responsible for bringing him here after he blacked out

"Hey there." The elderly one spoke first as she hobbled over to the side of the bed to look at him "ya feelin' alright, musta taken somethin' from your pa's storage to get drunk like that. I'll never understand you youngin wanting to grow up like that."

Link stared at her and was about to say something till he felt his stomach grumble and felt something coming up his throat "Big Mac, Bucket." The elder said

"Eeyup!" The large pony said grabbing a bucket and quickly moving over to the bed, Link put his head and began emptying any contents of his stomach, after a few seconds Link pulled away and panted a bit, his face had lost a bit of color but he was fine for the moment. Big Mac wrinkled a bit at the smell and quickly went to dump the waste away and clean the bucket

"You gonna be alright." Apple Bloom asked as she looked at Link who nodded "Why were you actin' so funny earlier?"

Link shrugged as he looked at her "I don't know, I just felt strange after I just had some milk this morning, everything is sorta fuzzy after that. One second I feel like breaking a bunch of pots, then I'm hungry for apples, finally I'm here in somepony else's bed. I just can't seem to get a break."

"Well that seems mighty tough for ya, now why don't you rest up here, I'll fix ya up some grub then we can talk for a bit." Granny Smith asked, Link seeing no other option nodded in agreement. "Name's Granny Smith, this here's Apple Bloom, and the large pony you saw was my grandson Big Macintosh, now you rest up, I'll have Big Mac come for ya later." She said before leaving, Apple Bloom following behind her.

Link sighed and looked out the window, it was quite away from town and was so quiet because of it. He looked at the wide arrange of apple trees and felt his mouth water a bit, he had a large craving for apples but he needed some rest first. As he looked out the window he noticed a chicken coop, he didn't know why but he made a mental note to stay away from it, the thought of just going there made him shiver.