• Published 13th May 2012
  • 3,136 Views, 64 Comments

Happy Anniversary Sug - Bysen



Set about ten years in the future, this is basically Ponies as a Soap-Opera. Events start at Fluttershy and Applejack's 10th anniversary and take place over the course of a year. Each of the Mane Six and CMC have their own story arcs throughout.

  • ...
35
 64
 3,136

...and foals P2

As he walked through the valley where he harvested grains, Big Mac took a look at the crops and realised they’re very plain. But that’s just perfect for a farmer like he, he could stand the bland unlike Rarity. It was early in the morning and he's fed the cows, he’d fed Fluttershy’s chickens, now it was time to plow, foo! Hitch up the buggy, churn the morning’s butter. He’d raised a barn on Monday, soon he’d raise another. He's been spending most his life living in this apple-paradise. He sold apples at discount price, living in this apple-paradise. Though most ponies would think it bites living in this apple-paradise...

Farm life was hard work but Big Mac have never disliked it. Until now. He just felt so alone without anypony else around. Sure, there’d been times when is was alone at the farm before, when Fluttershy and his sisters had gone off somewhere back before Twilight had moved in with him. But this was just different, he’d been hurt by somepony he cared for. And again, sure he’d been in fights with AJ a few times and had ended in blows with one another but… as much as it felt repetitive just saying it, it felt different. That was really the only way he could describe it. This was just different than the fights he’d gotten in with his sisters...

“My ‘sisters’, uh…” he said out loud. Applebloom finally knew he was really her uncle. She’d even asked if he was actually her father… why did even his own family think this stuff about ‘country folk’? Fights he’d gotten in with Applebloom… he tried to avoid those a lot more than he did with his actual sister. The filly wasn’t as strong as him but she could fight a hay of a lot better. No surprise really.

“Macintosh!” came a voice from a distance off. He couldn’t tell who it was or where it had come from. But he heard it again “Big Mac, can you hear me?” he recognised it this time, it was Rarity, but she wasn’t anywhere near him.

“Ah hear ya Miss Rar’ty, can’t seem ta see ya nowhere though.”

“I’m at the farmstead, you’re on the property too if you can hear me. Oh, right, I’m using a whisper-wind spell. Surely I must look crazy her speaking with nopony, though so must you I guess. That’s not the point though. It’s an emergency, Twilight’s not well and we need to find her!”

“Find her? Wher… ah’m coming to ya Miss Rarity. Won’t be a minute.” he yelled, not needing to but thinking she was far off and she could only just hear him. It had actually been incredibly loud on her end, as if he had yelled right into her ear. He galloped as fast as he could towards the house. Barely half a minute passed before he arrive there. “What’s happening? What’s wrong with Twiligh’?”

“You know of her illness correct? Has she been taking any medication for it while she’s been staying here? Anything, even ocassionally?”

“Can’t say ah’ve seen it, no.” Big Mac said and paused a moment trying to think. “She told me she where better though now. How’s she fallen ill ‘gain?”

“She was never better, she just hadn’t had an episode in a while. We need to find her, do you have anything of hers? I can track her with it.” Rarity exclaimed. She was clearly quite worried for her friend. Big Mac was about to reply but Rarity spoke up once more “Oh! No need. You, you’re heart belongs to her. Fluttershy told me how Pinkie tracked Dash with… nevermind, not important. May I Big Mac?” Rarity said, a glow already forming around her horn as she pointed it at him
.
“Ah… ah don’t know. Ah’m not sure it does no more.” with that said he realised what the different feeling he’d had was. He was heart-broken. He’d cared for her and she’d hurt him. Physically and other wise. He was still worried about her but he just didn’t feel it in himself anymore. “She’s got a few books here… few hundred actually.”

Rarity worried at Big Mac’s word but had to put them aside. “Yes, that should work. Do you know what she was reading most recently?”

“Uh, yeah. It should be by our bed…” It hurt saying ‘our’ as he didn’t know if it was that any more, or just his. But they were engaged! He couldn’t simply fall out of love with her. He really loved her! Or he thought he had… and that thought hurt event more, the fact that he used the word ‘had’. His heart was fighting with his mind now. He couldn’t even remember what the book she’d been reading was. She went through so many but he could always remember. He always tried to pay attention to her interests, even if they shifted every week or so by classification and by the duodecimal system.

He pushed these thoughts away though as he and Rarity went inside and rushed up to his room. As expected, the book was on the nightstand by the bed and Rarity quickly levitated to towards herself. The glow encircling her horn and the book flickered a few times, then her horn glowed bright blue. It was a strong light the lit up the whole semi-dark room.
Rarity focused on the spell, she wasn’t as talented at magic as Twilight but she often learnt them passively from Twilight’s talking about any new spells she had learnt. While only hearing about a spell and researching it where two different things, practice and theory often went quite well for Rarity. While Twilight was more of an intellectual than Rarity, Rarity was equally as intelligent. Sowing and design where as much as a preside mathematic science as it was an art form after all.

After nearly a minute she finally found Twilight. “She’s… she’s…” Rarity tried to say but the spell had taken a lot out of her. New spells channled for a long amount of time where always hard. But she knew where Twilight was now. Once she recovered, Big Mac and herself would be there in mere minutes.

~ ~

She appeared a in a flash of light. Twilight was an expert at teleporting, even the relatively long distance that she’d just done, but she stumbled as she landed at the foot of Flash Dance’s bed. With a small thud followed by a clang of the clip board being knocked off the end of his bed, Twilight fell against it then caught herself before falling down herself.

Cecil and Elusive where both startled by Twilight’s sudden appearance. Flash Dance however didn’t stir at all. He was asleep, maybe comatose. She hadn’t realised what she done to him. Or any of them for that matter. Elusive had a small patch on his side and Cecil had his chest wrapped and a splint down his right rear leg. Flash Dance though… he was practically in a full body cast, hooked up to a respiraitory machine, breathing for him. Multiple I.V.’s into a small spot on his foreleg that wasn’t covered by a cast.

“What the hell are you doing here!?” half-shouted Cecil. This was the bitch who had done this to his brother.

“I, I came to apologise. I…”

“Apologise? Look at him you cow! You did this to him! You think an apology will solve anything. I’ll see you thrown in a dungeon! Or banished! Or thrown in a dungeon in the place you’re banished to!”

“Cecil, calm down.” Interrupted Elusive. “She means well… and you said you’d not press charges.”

“Against you! This mule though, she deserves far worse than she’ll get!”

“Please, I’m sorry, let me help you. Is there anything I can do for you…” Twilight paused as Flash Dance stirred. She thanked Celestia he wasn’t comatose like Dash is… was. She felt slightly better but still not at all good. He had just been sleeping and awoken by the rackus she'd caused.

“Flance!” cried Cecil. “I thought… I…” Cecil began to cry heavily. He’d feared his brother dead. This had been the first time he’d woken up.

“Cecil… are you alright?” Flash Dance asked meekly. He was a horrible fiend, a terrible scumbag, a monster by all rights, Elusive had though. And he was all of those things! But he was also a loving brother. Quite loving apparently… as Cecil dove in and kissed him on the lips. Deeply… very deeply.

Elusive wasn’t exactly sure what he was seeing… gay? Sure. Brothers? Um… his thought was interrupted as Twilight said “D’aww… that’s so bromantic!... literally.” Elusive just turned and stared at her as the two kept kissing. Twilight felt his gaze and her to him in turn. “What? The Writer wanted to use that line and even though it was better suited for Pinkie to say, he couldn’t think of how to get her here.” Elusive continued starring, now with a bit of a puzzled look on his face too. “Oh, so Pinkie’s the only pony aloud to break the fourth wall? I’ve done it tons of times! Geez, cut me some slack for the love of Leeroy. I’m having a mental breakdown for bloit sake.”

Right, now let’s just ignore that bit and get back to right after they broke the kiss.

“You want to help us?” Cecil invoked, staring daggers towards the mare. “Help us by jumping out that window!”

“I can help, I want to help, I…”

“Get the fuck out of here you psychotic bitch!” Cecil yelled. He didn’t care what she could or would do as he charged at her. He rammed he head into her lower neck, sending her flying back, falling onto the ground. He reared back and prepared to make another strong blow. If he took her down fast enough he could avoid her magic. Not that he’d really thought about that, he just wanted her to hurt as he did.

Twilight took the brunt of a second strong kick to her face. She was already on the ground and he was about to start stomping her but Elusive intervened. Stepping in front of Cecil as he raised it hoof from the ground, about to bring it down on her. “Stop! This won’t solve anything!” he said, rather calmly as he push Cecil a few steps backwards. He turned and offered a hoof-up to Twilight. “I think you should leave.” he added as he put a hoof over her shoulder and pulled her towards the door, out into the hall.

Twilight slowly got to her feet as he put a hoof over her. She could take him. Take all of them! No! She had to stop thinking like this. It wasn’t her! “I’m sorry! I…”

“You’ve said that already! Just get out!” Cecil cried as he half-heartedly tried to push past Elusive.

“Don’t Cecil…” came Flash Dance. “I hate violence...” Cecil turned to his brother. He wouldn’t lower himself to that level, not on his brother’s behalf. He walked back over to Flash Dance’s side and put his hoof to his.

Elusive pulled a bit harder on Twilight’s shoulder and she came with him as they left the room. A moment passed and they could hear some sobbing coming back inside but they didn’t care. At least Twilight didn’t. “What the hay are you doing here Elusive? Why do you even care about this worm?”

“I don’t. But i… I have a conscience! You half killed him and left him to die in front of his brother! He’d be dead if I hadn’t helped. He’s fine now and I could care less for him but I still didn’t want anypony to die over this! I may not have seen you for years but you’re nothing like I remembered you!”

And with that, Elusive just walked off. Didn’t give her a chance to say anything, just walking away from her and the room. She was left there on the third floor of a hospital. She was a complete wreck. She didn’t know who she cared about, she didn’t know who cared about her. Elusive was right, she wasn’t herself. But she was right where she needed to be. Her horn glowed for a moment but she decided she’d best not teleport, or use any magic for that matter.

She made her way down to the waiting room, unintentionally following Elusive. He noticed her as he sat in a chair. He just looked away as soon as he did though. Twilight was certain that Elusive didn’t care for her. Neither did Flash Dance or Cecil. Not that she cared about them either. None of those three stallions really meant anything to her.

Twilight stepped up to a desk at the side of the waiting room, a nurse she knew the face of but couldn’t remember the name… it probably ended in ‘heart’ like most nurses seemed to. Who ever she was, she knew Twilight by name. “Hello Twilight, can I help you?” that didn’t mean much though. Most ponies knew Twilight in Ponyville but still, it was something to her right now.

“I’d like to see Horse M.D. please.” Twilight said cold and bluntly. She didn’t mean to offend and hadn’t, but she felt like she had.

“Of course. I’ll let him know and he should be with you as soon as he’s able.” the nurse said as she jotted down a note and walked over to a filing cabinet. She pulled out one of the draws and searched through the files for a moment before grabbing one, closing the draw and walking off.

Twilight went off too and took a seat next to Elusive. He didn’t say anything and tried not to even acknowledge her. A few minutes passed and it finally became to awkward for him to keep ignoring her. “What are you checking in for?” he asked. Twilight wasn’t sure if he was concerned or just breaking the silence.

“I’m… not well.” she replied. She wanted to tell him all of it and that he was right: she wasn’t herself. But that was an excuse for what she'd done… “My usual doctor should be calling me soon.”

“Lucky you.” Elusive replied. “I’ve been here since yesterday waiting for somepony to see me. Apparently if I can walk around it’s not much of an emergency case.” he said, indicating to his patched-up side. Twilight’s first thought was to magically examine it, just give herself and idea of what he had. She thought against it though. It would be intrusive of her and she still wanted to avoid using magic. “That’s not your fault though I guess.”

“Thank you. And I’m sorry I hurt you yesterday.”

“Hurt me? You didn’t do this. He; I mean Cecil did. You… you don’t even know what you did, do you? Twilight. What exactly are you seeing the doctor for?” Elusive asked. He had his suspicion about what was wrong with her. If he was right it would explain a few things.

“Miss Sparkle.” Came a voice from behind the reception desk. Twilight recognised it as Horse. She stood up from her seat immediately, she didn’t want to answer Elsuive’s question, she just wanted to be herself again. But he was right; she barely remembered what she’d done yesterday. She knew the basic: half kill Flash Dance, yell at Spike, sleep with Rarity… and be horrible to Big Mac. The last one felt the worst.

She was preparing to make a huge decision in her life with him but now… she didn’t know if she could trust herself to make that decision. Was it really what she wanted? She didn’t know. She had a few more minute to think about it though as she followed Horse back to his office. It was back on the third floor, not surprising since he was a senior resident at the hospital and it was only three stories tall in total, though the roof was accessible and used for some things.

When they got to his office, he asked her to take a seat and then left to find something. It gave her more time to think about everything. Twilight could see Flash Dance’s room from here but couldn’t see inside. She hoped they hadn’t seen her back up here. Honestly, she couln’t think of anything she could do to make up for what she’d gone to them. What she’d done to Cecil was fine and diserved, but Flash Dance… she likely would’ve killed him if it hadn’t been for Rarity stopping her. And she had been about to do the same to Big Mac…

She took another look over towards the room. “Oh no…” she thought out loud. They where walking towards the office she was in. Rarity and Big Mac… she didn’t know what to do. Did they know she was here? How’d they find her? Had they seen her yet? She only had a moment to react before they would see her. She prepared to teleport out of the office. Her horn glowed and she disappeared in a flash.

She reappeared right in front of them… she’d messed up. She’d been too focused on them to focus on anywhere else. “Twilight!” Rarity gasped at her sudden appearance. “We where just looking for you, I’m glad you took my advise.”

“How did you find me?” Twilight replied bluntly.

“Twilight, dear. Has there ever been a spell you learnt that you haven’t talked with me about? At great length I might add and despite how I may seem most of those time, I do in fact listen. That, and when we got here Eli pointed us up here.”

“Hmm…” Twilight whimmed. She had taken Rarity’s advise about seeing her doctor but she didn’t feel any better about it still. But what she had to ask now, maybe for herself or maybe for him, she didn’t know which. “Rarity… did you tell Big Mac about…?”

“No, and it’s not important right now.”

“Yes. It is. Big Mac, why did you propose to me?”

“Why? Because ah love ya Miss Twilight. You know that.” he spoke truly, when he’d asked her to marry him, he had loved her, deeply. He wasn’t sure now though.

“No it wasn’t. It was because I asked you to. Even the whole ‘make you Misses Twilight’ thing that you're so proud of was my idea. If I hadn’t asked, would you still have proposed to me?”

“Ah, uh… ah guess not. But ah’m glad ya did. You’ve made me the happiest of stallions. Even if ah’d never asked you ta be ma mare, ah’d still’ve been with you.” he gritted his teeth as he lied through them. He didn’t feel he loved her now, but he was just hurt. Whatever she’d done in the last day didn’t matter, because all she’d done in the last months where so much more. “And that’s all that matters ta me.” he added, trying to push past his hurt.

“I don’t love you Big Mac… I’m not sure I ever did.”

“Twilight!” Rarity gasped as Big Mac seemed to not get what she’d said at first. A moment passed and it struck him.

“You… what…?” she had to be just giving him a test or something. He knew she loved him. Why would she even say something like this though? What he’d been saying had been half true. He had loved her deeply when he’d proposed and he was happy when he was with her but… the doubt and pain he’d felt since yesterday was only made harder to force away with each word she said.

“I, I fell for around Spike’s hatchday, remember? Do you remember what else happened around then?” Twilight paused. It hadn’t been rhetorical, but he thought it was. To Twilight however, it just seemed like he didn’t even know. “I was diagnosed with magibetes… I’d never felt anything for you before that… then I’m in love with you? How? How didn’t I see it?”

Big Mac recognised the truth in what she’d said… but he wouldn’t accept it “How do you know it weren’t real though? It coulda jus’ been coincidence that we came tagether ‘round that time. And it don’ explain how ah feel for you Twilight.”

“I know, and I’m sorry you feel anything for me. But I know it’s not real because...” Twilgiht finished and looked away. She didn’t know if it was right or not but she had to tell him the truth. “Because I love Rarity too… I feel exactly, EXACTLY the same way for her as I do you. Since yesterday… what we have… what we had. It only took me a day to feel that for somepony else. It’s not real though. I slept with Rarity last night… I cheated on you and I didn’t even care.”

Big Mac was barely taking this all in. He was starting to lose any hope that what he felt was wrong. But it wasn’t. The world just doesn’t mess around with matters of the heart. He’d felt it before now. If Twilight was telling the truth… then the moment she’d been unfaithful was the same moment he’d felt his heart break as he ate that apple last night, the one that represented his love for his family. “How… could ya Miss… Miss… Tw…”

He couldn’t even finish his thoughts. He just turned and walked away. Twilight was saying something but he couldn’t hear it. Or maybe he just didn’t listen, he wasn’t sure. He just ignored her, even as she stepped in front of him, he just kept going. He was at the stair case before he finally said anything else to her. “I don’t love you either…” and with that he headed down the stairs.

Twilight didn’t follow him. She’d hoped that he would stay, but she didn’t blame him. There was only so much Big Mac could take and what she’d done to him was far beyond that limit. “What is wrong with you?!” Rarity half-screamed. “He didn’t need to hear that! He loved you, you foal! I don’t... how coul…. AUGH!!! That brilliant stallion was yours. He’s kind, caring, strong and reliable and you just…”

“Rarity… I love you, but I know I don’t… and I love him… and I know I don’t… what I did had to be done. And please… stop yelling at me.” Twilight would understand why Rarity was yelling, but it was the last thing she needed right now. That's not how Rarity saw it however...

Twilight wasn’t even crying… Rarity was nearly in tears herself but Twilight didn’t feel anything. No guilt, no pain. Rarity just couldn’t stand it. Even if she was ill this wasn’t an excuse to do what she’d done. Rarity knew Twilight was ill and knew she shouldn’t say this! But she needed to say something. “You don’t even care, you miserable nag!” Rarity yelled as she too turned and headed down the stairs.

It hurt her so much. Even if she knew the pain wasn’t real, the two ponies she felt she loved now hated her. She’d crushed Big Mac, Rarity had been right, he didn’t need to know yet she’d still told him. To the point where he’d actually cringed… not much by normal standard but for this stoic mountain of a pony it was as if a regular pony had been a crying, withering mass on the floor. She’d been slandered by Rarity; she reserved ‘nag’ for only the worst of comments… it was her ‘N’ word.

It had to have been a few minutes before she felt a hoof on her shoulder “There you are Miss Sparkle.” Came Horse’ voice. “We can begin your exam now.” he finished. A moment passed and she didn’t move or even acknowledge him. “Can I help you Miss Sparkle?”

“Help…?” she said as she turned and started walking. He followed her, thinking she was just heading back to his office but she wasn’t. Twilgiht turned off in front of him and went into Flash Dance’s room.

They’d heard most of that had happened between the three outside. Cecil was still sitting beside his brother’s bed. He was somewhat happy that the bitch who’d nearly killed his brother was so hurt. “What are you doing back in here? Get out.” he demanded staring at her before he turned to the doctor behind her.

“Before. You said I could help…” she said as she walked up to them.

“Yeah, by jumping out a win… dow…” he trailed off as she walked past them and to the window and opened it. She wasn’t going to… was she? The doctor yelled something down the hallway, quite urgently but Cecil couldn’t make out what he had said. He just looked onward as Twilight put both her forelegs out the window. She was actually going to do it… Cecil didn’t know how to feel about this… the bitch was insane!

She pulled her rear legs up onto the ceil and stood there, precariously balance on the edge of the frame. A unicorn security guard entered the room and quickly used it magic to grab her. It didn’t work though, her own magic easily over powered his. She looked down and didn’t even mean to, but she started to fall forward… now falling, towards the ground, she had but seconds left.

Why didn’t I do it? I hurt him. I hurt her. I hurt myself… and now this. How couldn’t I know? Why didn’t I know? No, I knew… I wasn’t cured. I didn’t learn… I wouldn’t learn. Every time I’d try and read… I just… got so scared… I was scared that I’d have it forever… for the rest of my life… and I will have it for the rest of my life…

I’ll be cured soon.

~ ~

“AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!.......” Big Mac cried out in pain! He knew something had broken, he didn’t know what though. He didn’t care either! All he cared about right now was that she was safe, that he’d caught Twilight. He didn’t think when he ran for her as she plummeted from the window, he just had to save her. He knew why he did. He remembered now… she had wanted it for herself. For both of them. The book she’d been reading…

‘Of Family and Foals.’

Author's Note:

So... my computer crashed... I lost everything! I lost this chapter and the next chapter and a small bit of the chapter after that. I am... I WAS... about a chapter ahead until last sunday when I tried to boot up annnnd.... it's gone! I only have this chapter still because the draft I sent to my friend to proof was still on his comp. Basicly, don't expect anything new for a while as I get my comp fixed and likely have to rewrite the next 2 chapters completely because if I try to recreate something it always ends up being a really crappy, half-clone of the original. I know because I've done it twice before for small segmeants in this story and they've always been quite bad. Can you imaging 2 full chapters like that? Hopefully I'll get them recovered but I don't want to write until I find out.
That being said I'm going to work on a little side thing until then... maybe. I'm working on my mates laptop at the moment and I can't type on this smaller keyboard for crap.

Also, remember how I said don't expect a chapter this long again... and then I make one this long again right away... completely unintentional. This chapter just managed to flow for me and as such I could write alot really fast as opposed to getting stuck for 30 minutes on a single sentence... which happens alot! ALOT!!!

With the name of the chapters I feel a little cheap naming them like basicly just of what happens at the end... then I remember the last episode of Breaking Bad season 4 was called "Face-Off" and that... is AWSUM.

"threw them through the door" I'm not sure if i'm using the right 'thru' for those... kinda irrelevant but it caught my eye... for about 30 minutes...

The whole Sweetie belle kissed Eli and said he loves Rarity is based on this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8h3ct78Yw
And speaking of songs... apparently Big Mac is a Weird Al fan =D

Just want to clarify something. Correct me if I'm wrong but filly means girl, colt means boy, mare means woman and stallion means man/guy right?

Lastly, Twilight's all knowledgable about everything and she does know about her own illness? Magibetes is meant to be diabetes of course [hopefully you got that] and chances are you know what it is. But let me ask you this. In a world that doesn't have TV or the internet, would you know half the stuff you know? Exactly. Twilight's smart but everything she knows has come form books. If she never really read medical books and was scared to read aobut her own illness than she wouldn't know this.