• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 451 Views, 5 Comments

Tirek's 5 Quests - Short Stories 2

  • ...
 5
 451

2: The Quests [Rainbow's POV]

The second I heard his name, I turned and bolted. That is...tried to bolt. Turns out, Tirek's magic is faster than I thought. All I know is, one moment, I'm in my house, bolting towards the door. The next, I'm flying into a mountain of soul sand.

Dazed, I somehow found my way out of the giant pile. Soul sand and Netherrack clung to my mane and wings. I tried to shake it off, but, it was no use. Tirek lifted me about six feet off the ground, moved me to where Applejack was, then let go. I was sent tumbling six feet to the ground, to shocked to open my wings.

I landed on my side with a soft thump. Giving the evil eye at Tirek, I tried to use my wing to help me get up. Pain shot through my body and I swear I saw black dots before my eyes. I decided to stay on my side.

"Tirek, why did you pull us into this game?" I asked him, my voice slightly muffled from the soul sand I was on.

"Yeah, all we were doin' was tryin' to get back ta our home in the overworld." Applejack added, finally finding her voice.

Either Tirek didn't hear us, or choose to ignore us, because he was staring off into the distance, his mouth moving, but no words coming out. When his voice finally did find it's way out, it sounded like claws on a chalkboard. AJ and I both covered our ears.

"IN THE NETHER, DEAD OR ALIVE, YOU MUST FINISH THESE QUESTS, FIVE!" He screeched. I didn't know he had a thing for poems. I let him continue, though, I had a bad feeling about this.

"What quests are ya' talkin' 'bout?" AJ asked.

"THE FIRST ONE IS AS CONFUSING AS IT IS EASY! FIND THE LONG LOST FIRE BREEZIE!" He said.

Applejack looked as confused as I felt. She gave me a weird glance, then payed attention to Tirek again.

"THE SECOND ONE IS SLIGHTLY HARDER, FIND ME A WELL FULL OF WATER!" He shifted his eyes so they were looking at us now. "THE THIRD ONE IS NOT A BREEZE! FIND ME A FIRE TREE!"

"Fire...tree...?" I asked. I have never heard of such a thing.

"THE FOURTH ONE IS HARDER, STILL! FIND ME IRON WILL!"

"Okay, wait." I said. "I can understand Fire trees and Fire breezies...actually, I can't. But, why in Equestria would you want Iron Will? That dude's a total.."

"SILENCE!" Tirek howled. I instantly shut my mouth. "THE LAST ONE, I WISH YOU LUCK! I MUST HAVE A DABBLING DUCK!" He finished.

"What happens if we don't get yer breezie, water, tree, sales manticore, and...duck?" AJ asked.

Tirek paused, as if considering what to do. Finally, he spoke. "IF YOU DO NOT BRING ME THESE FIVE IN 72 HOURS TIME, YOU WILL BE STUCK IN THIS DIMENSION FOREVER!"

"I see He's finally done with his rhyming spree. " I muttered, rolling my eye that wasn't smothered with sand.

"That's not a problem at all!" Applejack pointed out. "Twilight will notice us missin'! She'll just simply whip us out with one of her spells!

I wanted to face-hoof myself so bad! "THEN YOU'LL GET DISINTEGRATED!" Tirek bellowed, having enough. "If you bring me these five within three days, I will bring you back to Ponyville!" With that, he disappeared with a puff of smoke.

AJ came over and helped me to my feet. Pointing at my damaged wing, she asked "How's yer wing doin'?"

I tried to spread it out, but, pain radiated throughout my wing and body yet again. "I don't think I'll be able to fly anytime soon." I said, disappointed. Applejack nodded with sympathy then looked around.

"I guess we better get moving' if we want ta complete two quest by sunset. By the way, how do we tell time in here?" She asked, turning towards me. I immediately saw the problem. Just as quickly, I saw the solution.

"I have this clock here." I said, pulling it out to show her. "It's the break of dawn."

"Great!" Apple jack said. "We have enough time ta finish two quests and find a home for us!" She trotted away and I followed her. Something told me we only had two days left.