• Published 24th Jun 2015
  • 437 Views, 13 Comments

Harmony and Light - TheChronicler



Weather they know it or not the Harmony shall always be protected by the light

  • ...
2
 13
 437

Chapter 4 Unedited

"Surprise!" The mare from earlier today said and blew a party whistle. "Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, and I threw this party just for you! Were you surprised? Were ya? Were ya? Huh huh huh?" She asked.

"Very surprised. Libraries are supposed to be quiet." Twilight said.

"Well, that's silly! What kind of welcome party would this be if it were quiet? I mean, duh, bo-ring! Y'see, I saw you when you first got here, remember? You were all "hello" and I was all Daaaaaaaaagh, remember? Y'see I've never saw you before and if I've never saw you before that means you're new, 'cause I know everypony, and I mean everypony in Ponyville!"

"Aaaaagh." Twilight groaned and started to pour herself a drink

"And if you're new, that meant you haven't met anyone yet, and if you haven't met anyone yet, you must not have any friends, and if you don't have any friends then you must be lonely, and that made me so sad, then I had an idea, and that's why I went Daaaaaaaaagh! I must throw a great big ginormous super-duper spectacular welcome party and invite everyone in Ponyville! See? And now you have lots and lots of friends!" Pinkie Pie finished as steam stared to flow out twilights ears it looked like she was burning up.

"Are you all right, sugarcube?" Applejack asked Twilights main looked like it was laming as she ran up the stairs with tears in her eyes.

"Aww, she's so happy she's crying!" Pinkie Pie said.

Spike walked over to the drink table and looked at the bottle that Twilight poured. "Hot sauce. Ooh..." Spike said.

Pinkie Pie Poured the hot sauce on a cupcake and started eating "What? It's good!" She said.

"Is she going to be alright?" Rarity asked.

"Yeah she'll be fine she just needs to... Cool off" Spike joked.

"Agh little dude that was horrible." Soarin said. "Anyway Rainbow are going to introduce me to your friends?" he asked.

"Oh right well you'v already met Pinkie Pie, thats Applejack, he's Rider, this is Rarity, next to her is Clover McLoven, This is Fluttershy, And this is is actually I haven't met this guy yet." Rainbow said when she stopped at Swiftblade.

Fluttershy and Swiftblade blushed and looked at each other. "Oh um right a everypony This is Swiftblade my um colt ....Friend." Fluttershy said

"YOU HAVE A COLT FRIEND!!!" The girls yelled.

"Oh Faust it finally happened I. NEED. DETAILS." Rarity said as she and the other girls pulled Fluttershy to the side.

"Well then who fancies a pint?" Clover asked.

"Okay tell us everything." Rarity said.

"Oh um alright well it was about three months ago. I was on the edge of the Everfree Forest picking flowers with my animal friends. When suddenly a basilisk came out of the forest and attacked us. I thought i was going to die. Swiftblade saved me it was so fast I didn't even see it. The next thing i know the basilisk was slithering away in fear. But Swiftblade was hurt so i took him back to my cabin. He wasn't sure he could trust me at first but over time he began to trust me. We stared to get to know each other and well one thing led to another and we got together." Fluttershy said finishing her story.

"Awwwwww." the girls cooed.

"And thats the story." Swiftblade said as he finished the story of how he and Fluttershy met. As he and the guys drank mugs of the drink Clover brought.

"Dude this drink is awesome what is it?" Soarin asked.

"Yeah I hate to say it but Its even better then The apple families cider" Rider said.

"This ladies is the McLoven clan secret recipe for Ale." Clover said.

"Hey this could just be the Ale talking but you could totally sell this." Swiftblade said.

"Yeah I could all I've done for bits in ponyville is odd jobs." Clover said. and then he uttered the Five words every stallion says at least once in his life. "We should buy a bar." He said.

"Of course we should buy a bar!" Rider yelled as he thew his hooves in the air.

"And Dude. Dude. Dude the name of the bar McLoven's pub." Soarin said as he got another drink.

"That. Is. A great name for a bar!" Swiftblade yelled.

"Hey that old clock tower has an abandoned shop on the first floor, a storage basement and a loft behind the clock face. If we all chip in we could buy it!" Clover exclaimed.

"Dude this is awesome lets do it!" Soarin yelled.

"Yeah!" the guys Yelled together as they put their hooves together.

"Agh." Twilight groaned the party had been going on for hours and she couldn't concentrate. She heard the door open and looked towards it to see Spike wearing a lamp shade.

"Hey Twilight! Pinkie Pie's starting pin the tail on the pony! Wanna play?" Spike asked.

"No! All the ponies in this town are crazy! Do you know what time it is?!" Twilight asked.

"It's the eve of the Summer Sun Celebration. Everypony has to stay up, or they'll miss the Princess raise the sun! You really should lighten up, Twilight. It's a party!" Spike said as he went back to the party. Twilight turned over on the bed and started to mockingly imitate Spike.

"Ugh, here I thought I'd have time to learn about the Elements of Harmony but, silly me, all this ridiculous friend-making has kept me from it!" Twilight said turning over in her bed. "Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about everlasting night." Twilight recited the legend. "I hope the Princess and Dust were right... I hope it really is just an old ponytale..." Twilight hoped as she heard the door open again.

"C'mon, Twilight, it's time to watch the sunrise!" Spike said.

"Isn't this exciting? Are you excited, 'cause I'm excited, I've never been so excited-- well, except for the time that I saw you walking into town and I went Daaaaaaaaagh but I mean really, who can top that?" Pinkie Rambled as she and Twilight waited for the Princess.

Fluttershy started the fanfare while Mayor Mare entered the spotlight. "Fillies and gentlecolts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!" she said as ponies cheered. "In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year! And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria..." She said pausing for effect.

"Ready?" Fluttershy asked her birds.

"Princess Celestia!" The Mayor announced as Rarity pulled the curtain to reveal nothing.

"Huh?" Rarity said when she noticed there was nopony there. The denizens of ponyville started to chatter quietly and nervously.

"This can't be good." Twilight winced.

"Remain calm, everypony, there must be a reasonable explanation!" the Mayor said as she tried to calm down everypony.

"Ooh, ooh, I love guessing games! Is she hiding?" Pinkie guessed.

"She's gone!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Ooh, she's good." Pinkie said as a dark mist enveloped the stage causing everypony to gasp.

"Oh no... Nightmare Moon!" Twilight said as a dark alicorn mare appeared.

"Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious, little sun-loving faces." Nightmare Moon said.

"What did you do with our Princess?!" Rainbow Dash Yelled as she tried to attack.

"Whoa there, Nelly..." Applejack said as she grabbed Rainbow's tail.

Nightmare Moon chuckled "Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?" She asked.

"Ooh, ooh, more guessing games! Um, Hokey Smokes! How about... Queen Meanie! No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty" Pinkie Rambled until Applejack shoved a apple in her mouth.

"Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend?" Nightmare Moon asked as she got near Rarity. "Did you not see the signs?" She asked as she flicked Rarity with her mane.

"I did. And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon Nightmare Moon!" Twilight exclaimed causing everypony to gasp.

"Well well well, somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here." Nightmare Moon said.

"You're here to... to." Twilight gulped.

Nightmare Moon chuckled. "Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!" She exclaimed as she broke into maniacal laughter as thunder cracked.

unbeknownst to anypony a cloaked pony with glowing eyes hiding in the shadows spoke "And so it begins." he said.