• Published 24th Jun 2015
  • 437 Views, 13 Comments

Harmony and Light - TheChronicler



Weather they know it or not the Harmony shall always be protected by the light

  • ...
2
 13
 437

Chapter 1 Unedited

It was a beautiful in Canterlot day the sun was shining the birds were singing and Twilight Sparkle was brushing past everyone to get back to her tower until she bumped into somepony. "Oh hey watch it I, oh Dust i'm so sorry." Twilight said when she realized she ran into one of the few friends she had.

"Oh its no trouble Twilight. Tell me what has you in such a hurry?" Dust asked Dust was a blind unicorn with a light black coat, a silver mane and a vortex of dust as a cutie mark. he often helped Twilight with her magical studies also helped control herself case lets face it obsession and compulsion are the two middle names of the purple unicorn with pink in her mane.

as Twilight gathered her things she was tempted to confide in Dust. The older stallion was as wise as they come and had knowledge on almost everything. "Dust have you ever heard of the elements of harmony?" Twilight asked knowing that Dust would do that thing he dose when he thinks tilt his head to the upper right and scratch his chin. Then give her an answer so cryptic that the information she wanted was there but she had to work for it how she hated it when he did that.

When he was done thinking he gave her the look he always gives when he gets cryptic "I vaguely recall a prophesy but I don't believe in ponytails. Have a good day Twilight." Dust walked away with a smirk on his face knowing full well Twilight hates it when he dos that. Three two one aaand.

"Aaaaagh never mind!" Twilight screamed as she stomped off

Twilight after running into Dust realized that the key to finding out about the elements of harmony was in one of her old books "He couldn't just tell me could he, had to be all cryptic." she grumbled as she burst thorough her door. "Spike Spiike!" she called to the dragon she just hit with the door. "Oh there you are." she said when she spotted him on the floor. "Quick find me that old copy of predictions and prophecies." she asked as she searched for the book until she noticed a present on Spike's tail "Whats that for?" She asked.

Spike looked at his tail and picked up the present. "Well it was a gift for Moon Dancer but." He sighed as he looked at the now ruined present.

Twilight recalled a party she had been invited to on the way here but didn't really care. "Oh Spike you know we don't have time for that sort of thing." She said as she looked for the book.

"But Twilight were on a break you know that thing that happens when you get time off." Spike said trying to reason with her.

Twilight lit up her horn and started levitating books to her. "No, no,no, no no no agh SPIKE!" she yelled for her assistant.

"Its over here!" Spike called from the top of a ladder across the room waving the book.

Twilight grasped the book in her magic and pulled it and Spike towards her spike face planted and let go of the book as twilight inspected it "ah." She said as she walked to a pedestal and stared to look for the elements while spike cleaned up. "Element, elements e e e ah ha elements of harmony see Mare in the moon" She said confused.

"Mare in the moon but thats just an old ponytail?" Spike said as he was putting the books away.

Then it hit Twilight like a ton of bricks. "An old ponytail thats what he meant." Twilight teleported to another book shelf and started to look in another book. "Mare mare ah ha the mare in the moon myth from olden pony times a powerful pony who wanted to rule Equestria defeated by the elements of Harmony and imprisoned in the moon. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year the stars will add in her escape and she will bring about night time eternal. Hah Spike do you know what this means?" she gasped as she looked to the dragon who was trying not to fall off the ladder.

"No." Spike said before he fell of the ladder and onto Twilights back.

"Take a note please to the princess." Twilight said as she helped spike down. "My dearest teacher my continuing studies of pony magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster!" She said.

"Hold on." Spike said as he tried to sound out the word.

"Threshold." Twilight offered.

"Threeee" Spike once again failing to figure out the word.

"Brink." Twilight said starting to get unsure herself. But now Spike just looked confused. "Agh that something really bad is about to happen." She said finally getting through to the young dragon. "For you see the mythical Mare in the moon is in fact Nightmare Moon and she is about to return to Equestria and bring with her eternal night. Something must be done to make sure that this terrible prophecy dose not come true. I await your quick response your faithful student Twilight Sparkle." She said walking over to the window.

"Got it" Spike said finishing the letter.

"Great send it." Twilight said.

"Now are you sure?" Spike asked.

"Of course I am." Twilight said looking back at the dragon.

"I don't know Twilight princess Celestia is kinda busy with the summer sun celebration and its like the day after tomorrow." Spike said.

"Thats just it Spike the day after tomorrow is the thousandth year of the summer sun celebration its imperative that the princess is told right away!" Twilight explained starting to get a little annoyed and see Spike once again struggling with the word her patience was about up. "Important!" She yelled causing spike to fall back.

"Okay, okay!" Spike said as he got up and torched the scroll with messenger flame. "There, it's on its way. But I wouldn't hold your breath..." He said as they watched the smoke go out the window.

"Oh, I'm not worried, Spike. The Princess trusts me completely. In all the years she's been my mentor she's never once doubted me." Twilight said Proudly.

"See? I knew she would want to take immediate action." Twilight said as Spike picked up the letter.

Spike then cleared his throat and began to read. "My dearest, most faithful student Twilight. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely." Spike began as Twilight stood there smug. "But you need to get a life!" It was with these words that Twilight's world shattered.