• Published 11th Apr 2015
  • 1,203 Views, 80 Comments

Twilights Journey: Escape Equestria - Merotik



Discord has won, the elements have lost, and Twilights friends have abandoned her. Discorded Twilight is on her own now, and she has decided to keep it that way. She doesn't need friends, she'll follow her own path, alone.

  • ...
9
 80
 1,203

II

It had been an hour since Twilight had left Pony Ville.

Cotton candy clouds swirling above a destroyed Pony Ville could still be seen in the distance. Normal gray rainclouds poured above Twilight as she walked on the dirt road. She had traveled far enough to get out of the chaos for now, but Discords magic was slowly spreading out of Pony Ville, the cotton candy clouds extending further outwards.

Twilight stepped off of the dirt road and sat under a tree. Using her magic she summoned a purple force field to surround her, preventing her from being rained upon.

She unbuttoned the straps to her saddle bag and extracted a folded paper from inside. Placing the paper on the ground in front of her, Twilight used her magic to unfold the paper, revealing a map of Equestria and beyond. Twilight gazed at the map, searching for the best route she should take.

'I can't return to Canterlot, then the princess will know that I failed, if she hasn't already figured it out that is. Plus, its only a matter of time before Discord expands his chaos magic to Canterlot. Maybe I should travel to Canterlot and warn my family before Discord gets there. No, I can't do that either, then my family will know that I failed! They'll be so disappointed! I can't ever show my face to any of them ever again! Maybe it won't be that bad, I'm sure the princess's will evacuate the city before Discord has the chance to reach them. Ya that's it! I don't need to go to Canterlot! They'll be perfectly safe!' Twilight chuckled weakly to herself. By giving herself this thought she had hoped to make herself feel more comfortable about the situation. However, she had only made herself feel worse. She was confused, not knowing what to do next.

'Maybe I have some friends I can go to in Canterlot, they won't backstab me! . . . Then again, I didn't make friends until after I moved to Pony Ville. Lets just face it, besides from Pony Ville, Canterlot is the worst place to go to in this situation. I have no friends, my parents will be disappointed, and the princess's will be displeased of my failure. If I go to Canterlot, oh! I don't even want to think about what might happen!' thought Twilight. She groaned angrily and placed her head to the ground, covering her head with her forelegs. She remained there for a few minutes, before lifting her head and glancing back at the map. She sighed and pulled the map closer.

'Guess I don't have a choice. Its only a matter of time before Discord not only takes over Canterlot, but the rest of Equestria! This entire country isn't safe to live in anymore! I need to get out of the country, find somewhere safe to live, and maybe then I can find somepony who won't stab me in the back! . . . Then again, why should I even bother trying to make new friends? What if they try to stab me in the back!? Just like my old friends did to me! No, I won't let that happen! I won't let any pony do that to me again! But wait, how will I know if a pony will betray me? What if they really do want to be my friend? I should at least give them a chance. No! Don't do that! If I give them a chance then they'll just take advantage of me! But I have to make friends! No I don't! I can't just travel alone! Yes I can!'

No!

Yes!

NO!

YES!!!

"AAAAAGH!" Twilight screamed, throwing her hoofs into the air. "No! I won't give any pony the chance to backstab me anymore! I'll find my own path out of Equestria, and I'll do it all by myself! I don't need friends! Friends will only get in the way!"

Twilight looked back to the map and pointed to where she was located. She dragged her hoof along the map, mentally drawing the perfect path for her to take. "If I go North then I'll have to travel across the Frozen North, I didn't pack any warm clothes so that won't be a safe path to take. Heading east will take me to the ocean, I don't have a boat so going that way is also out of the question. I could go west, that way seems safe enough. Hmmm . . . ah ha! South! If I travel south I can make it to Zebrica, Zecoras home land! If I tell them I'm friends with Zecora then perhaps the Zebra will be willing to let me stay!" Twilight measured the distance between Pony Ville and Zebrica and sighed. "That's a really far trip, it might take weeks, even months to get there! I really wish I packed more then just books. Dang it! Why would I only pack books and a map, I don't even like reading! . . . Did I just say that out loud? Why would I say that? I love reading! . . . Don't I?" Twilight looked to her saddle bag placed on her back. She thought about pulling out a book and reading just a few pages. But her naturally eager attitude towards reading books was suddenly replaced with boredom. She groaned and looked away, "you know what, I don't have time to read books any way. Discord's chaos is getting closer, I need to start moving if I'm going to keep ahead of it".

Using her magic, Twilight folded the map back to a small square and stuffed it into her bag. She resealed her saddled bag, stood to her hoofs, and deactivated her force field. The moment she did, she instantly felt the cold sting of wind hit her face as rain poured onto her. She stepped back onto the dirt road. As she began walking she activated another force field spell. This time she created one small enough to hover above her head, wind still hitting her but preventing her from being rained upon.

She sighed as she continued onward.