• Published 11th Apr 2015
  • 1,203 Views, 80 Comments

Twilights Journey: Escape Equestria - Merotik



Discord has won, the elements have lost, and Twilights friends have abandoned her. Discorded Twilight is on her own now, and she has decided to keep it that way. She doesn't need friends, she'll follow her own path, alone.

  • ...
9
 80
 1,203

IV

Twilight couldn't tell how long she had been walking for or what time it was. The sun and moon were still out of whack. She was certain she had been walking for at least several hours now. Her legs and hoofs had started to feel very sore with each step she took. She was sweating, mostly due to exhaustion then heat. Her wet body from both the sweat and rain made her sting with ice cold pain as the wind blew fiercely. Her body wanted to rest, but she refused. She was determined to get as far away from Pony Ville as possible. Although she had traveled far enough to where the cotton candy clouds were no longer in sight, she still feared about what would happen if she rested long enough for Discords chaos to catch up to her. She was physically tired from the walk, the rain, and the wind, as well as mentally tired from the force field spell she had been using the entire time. She first used the spell to prevent being rained upon, once it had stopped raining she placed the spell in front her, preventing some but not all of the wind from howling against her. She was sore, fatigued, and had a headache that was growing into a minor migraine. She had hung her head low for most of the walk, keeping the wind from directly hitting her face. She took a moment to glance up every now and again to observe her surroundings and make sure she was keeping along the correct path. She had routed the most safest path she could think of, at least, she hoped it was safe. Normally when she travels long distances such as this one she would be accompanied by her friends, she would never travel this far alone. No matter how dangerous the path was her friends seemed to make everything feel safer. Now she was alone, and even though she had walked on this road before, she had never felt more scared in her life. Twilight took a moment to glance up.

It wasn't until now that Twilight realized how many trees this country had to offer. She had been walking on the same dirt path ever since she had left Pony Ville. There were trees lined up along both sides of the road the entire journey. Even though the trees seemed to be thinning, there was still so much nature around Twilight. All these trees, every single last one probably belonging to a forest creature, being used for shelter. All those animals, with families, children, and friends of their own. All the beautiful nature, both plant and animal life, appeared to surround Twilight as she walked. From as far as the eye could see the nature never stopped. She could see trees, bushes, and plants the entire way down the road. Twilight knew that this country was consisted of mostly forests, woods, and other grasslands, but it wasn't until now that she truly began to relish in such beauty. The forests, the animals, the trees, none of them knew what was coming. None of them knew that a storm of chaos was heading their way at this moment, and when it arrives, there's nothing they can do about it. Some will run, others may fight, in the end however, none of them will succeed. Those who run will either get caught trying or will be left homeless. Those who fight will lose of course, there wasn't a doubt in Twilights mind about that. They would lose, every single last one of them will lose . . . just like she had.

Lost in thought, Twilight didn't see a large rock in front of her and tripped. As she slowly lifted herself to her hoofs, she felt surges of pain rush through all four of her legs. Simultaneously, she felt her headache worsen (having become a minor migraine and was now growing to a major one) and her stomach growl.

She couldn't remember the last time she ate. She remembered eating breakfast with Spike, but she couldn't tell exactly how long that was (Twilight really wanted the princess's to take control of the sun and moon again). She skipped out on lunch and dinner, having been preoccupied at the time. She tried to ignore her pain and continue walking, but her bodies protests shouted that enough was enough. Twilight sighed and searched for a place to rest for the night, or day, she couldn't tell.

She spotted a clump of trees that had grown in the perfect spots. The clump had grown thick enough to prevent any wind from hitting Twilight. Walking off the path, Twilight walked to the clump of trees, threw her saddle bag aside, and fell to the ground. She placed her bag beneath her head to use as a pillow. She didn't care how wet or cold she was, she was too tired and sore to care.

Seconds after she rested her head against her saddle bag, Twilight fell into a deep sleep.