• Published 11th Apr 2015
  • 1,203 Views, 80 Comments

Twilights Journey: Escape Equestria - Merotik



Discord has won, the elements have lost, and Twilights friends have abandoned her. Discorded Twilight is on her own now, and she has decided to keep it that way. She doesn't need friends, she'll follow her own path, alone.

  • ...
9
 80
 1,203

IX

"Spiiiiiiiiiike!" Where aaaaaaarrrrrreee yoooooouuuuu!" called Sweetie Bell as she hopped down the road past a building flooded with grape juice.

Spike was hiding behind a large trashcan in an alleyway. He peered over the top of the trash can to see if Sweetie Bell was gone. When Sweetie Bell had hopped out of sight, Spike sighed and sat down, resting himself against the trashcan.

'How did my day start like this?" Spike thought to himself as he thought about the past half hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thirty Minutes Ago~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike was snoring soundly as he slept on a couch downstairs in the boutique. He shifted to find a more comfortable spot when he felt himself rub against something soft. Being half asleep, Spike didn't care what or who it was and cuddled against the furry thing. In his dream, Spike imagined a beautiful mare he had just rescued from a horrific monster. His dreamed had affected him in reality.

"Oh my dear damsel in distress (snore!) if you wanted a kiss (snore!) then you should have just asked" Spike mumbled in his sleep. Spike brought his lips close to the furry thing, before it stopped him.

"Wait, let me call Rarity first!" said the furry thing.

"Sure, call Rarity . . . wait, Rarity?". Before Spike had a chance to process what was happening, the furry thing shouted, "Rarity! I'm about to have my first kiss!"

"What!?" Spike exclaimed. His eyes shot open, and the first thing he saw was Sweeties Bells green eyes. She was cuddled close to him, having her face only an inch away from his.

"SWEETIE BELL! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!" Rarity shouted from upstairs. Hoof steps could be heard walking on the second floor, heading for the stairs.

Sweetie Bell gasped, "its working!" She narrowed her eyes towards Spike in a devious way. "Pucker up dragon!" said Sweetie Bell, aggressively.

A girly shriek could be heard from the boutique a mile away as Spike rammed through the boutique door, running through the streets of the chaos capital.

"Aaaaaaaagh!!!" Spike shrieked, as he searched for a place to hide. He spotted a large trashcan in between an alleyway and hid behind it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Present Time~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" . . . Oh yeah . . . that's how" Spiked mumbled, annoyed. 'Well, guess I can't stick around there for a while, especially with Sweetie Bell acting . . . weird. And there's not too much to do anymore with the town destroyed and all. Hmmm . . . maybe Discord hasn't touched Sweet Apple acres yet. I know! I'll go visit Applejack! It'll be nice to spend the day away from crazy ponies (Spike referring to Rarity and Sweetie Bell). 'I wonder how the Apple family is doing?' thought Spike. Spike stood to his feet and peered around the corner of the ally to see if Sweetie Bell was around. Once the coast was clear, Spike ran as fast as he could towards Sweet Apple acres.

As he ran, a stampede of long legged animal ran towards him. He jumped towards a bush, avoiding the stamped. He tried to lift himself off the bush, but the bush suddenly grew vines which held on to him. The bush and other surrounding plants came to life and starting marching towards him. Simultaneously, a cucumber sandwich with french fries for legs as big as a house came charging out of nowhere towards Spike. Quickly, Spike exhaled his green fire breath towards the bush that held on to him, engulfing it in flames. When the vines were enflamed, Spike was released. He jumped forward, dodging the sandwich as it trampled over the plants. It turned to Spike and roared. Spike gulped and starting sprinting down the street. The sandwich was trampling everything in its path as it chased Spike.

Suddenly, Spike tripped over . . . a weird green thumbs up sign.

"The heck is this?" Spike asked as he got to his feet.

A flash of light, and Discord magically appeared. "Oh I was wondering where that was! Ponies have been trying to thumbs up other ponies stories but couldn't because the thumbs up button was missing!". Discord snatched the sign from Spike and observed it with a magnifying glass that he pulled out of nowhere. He tossed the magnifying glass aside and tapped on the sign, causing it to glow. "There, now ponies can have their stories thumbed up again!"

"What are you talking about?" asked Spike.

Discord chuckled, "oh don't worry about it little dragon, I'm just trying to fix something VERY important".

"Why would you do that? Aren't you supposed to do the opposite of fix things? Being the spirit of chaos and all?" asked Spike.

"Well normally that's true, but you can't have EVERYTHING broken. Especially not this! If ponies can't give each other thumbs ups then they won't visit the website anymore, and if that happens, what'll happen to us? This story, and thousands of other stories will cease to exist! Seriously, I may be the spirit of chaos but I still care about keeping our worlds existence intact" said Discord. He snapped his fingers, making the sign disappear.

"I really have no idea what your talking about?" said Spike.

Discord ruffled the top of Spikes head. "Like I said, don't worry about it. I'm merely breaking the third wall, that's all. I'd brake the fourth wall but that would require me to talk to the readers, and I have FAR too much chaos too attend to. Maybe in the next chapter, until then, bye bye!" There was a flash of light and Discord disappeared. No more then two seconds later Discord reappeared behind Spike. "Oh! And good luck with that sandwich!" Discord chuckled, as he disappeared in a flash of light.

"Wait, what!" Spike turned around and was nose to bread with the giant sandwich. He was too distracted with . . . whatever just happened and completely forgot he was being chased by a sandwich. Spike gulped as the sandwich roared at him.

Suddenly, a piano fell from the sky, crushing the sandwich. Spike looked up and saw a faded gray pegasus with blond hair and bubbles for a cutie mark hovering above the sandwich. She swooped down and landed in front of Spike. "Hop on!" she growled.

"Derpy?" asked Spike.

"Its Ditzy, now hop on! Or you might get attacked by another sandwich" said Ditzy.

Spike climbed on top of Ditzy as Ditzy bent her knees. When Spike was on, Ditzy launched into the sky, flying at incredible speed. Spike took hold around Ditzy's neck, he had no idea she was this fast.

"Ditzy! When did you get so fast!" shouted Spike.

"I don't know! It just sort of happened! So, where you headin?" asked Ditzy.

"Well I was going to Sweet Apple Acres until I was attacked by plants . . . then a sandwich . . . is everything alive in this town?" asked Spike.

"Seems that way! Everything seems to be getting crazier the longer this chaos magic stays! I reckon it won't be long before Pony Ville is too dangerous to live in. Heck, I'm surprised there's still ponies living here! It technically already is too dangerous too live in!"

"So why are you still here?" asked Spike.

"I'm trying to get as many ponies out of town as possible. With some its impossible, them being trapped within Discords magic. However some ponies still have the capability of leaving but can't because their either too scared to leave their house or are in danger! So I'm trying to help them escape before I hit the road myself!" Ditzy explained.

"Wow that's really cool! . . . And smart . . ."

"What are you trying to say!" shouted Ditzy.

"Nothing! Nothing! Its just, well I kind of assumed you were a little less . . . coordinated" said Spike, trying not to offend his savior.

"Are you calling me stupid?" asked Ditzy.

"No! Its not that! You were always smart, just not this smart, that's all" said Spike.

Ditzy sighed, "yes I may have seemed a bit bubbly before, hence the most explainable reason for my cutie mark. But I'm not the same as I once was. And by the looks of it, this seems to be happening to most of the ponies around here as well".

"What do you mean?" asked Spike.

"Well, I can't put my hoof on it. But it seems that Discords magic is altering ponies personalities somehow. I just don't know how, and every time I try to think about it something is stopping me. Like this magic is preventing us from researching about it. I don't know, I'm not a unicorn so I won't be much use to this kind of thing. The best I can do is help these ponies escape then leave when the job is done. If there personality is affected then there's nothing I can do about it. We're here". Ditzy slowed her speed as she gently landed yards away from the front of the red barn.

"Thanks Ditzy!" said Spike as he hopped off of Ditzy.

"Don't mention it" said Ditzy. She looked down to a nearby puddle of water and sighed at her reflection. "Curse this eye! It won't stay straight! Hmmm, maybe I should get an eye patch".

"Hey before I go I was wondering. After you help get everypony out of town, what are you going to do?" asked Spike.

Ditzy turned away from her reflection and smiled at Spike. "Oh I don't know. I was thinking about heading south and warning the zebra from Zebrica about Discord. Aside from Saddle Arabia, Equestria is most affiliated with Zebrica. I already have a friend heading to Saddle Arabia to warn them so its up to me to warn Zebrica. And who knows, from there I might join the army and help fight back against Discord" Ditzy explained.

"What! You wanna fight Discord?" asked Spike, his eyes bulging at Ditzy.

"Well someponies got to. I'm not just gonna run away and look for some place safe to live like a coward!" said Ditzy.

"That's great! At least some ponies fighting back! Unlike somepony I know!" said Spike, angrily. He was thinking about Twilight as Ditzy said this.

"Well I best be off, take care of yourself kid" said Ditzy. She extended her wings and launched into the air.

"Bye!" shouted Spike, as he waved to Ditzy.

Spike turned to the Apple family barn house and saw a snoozing Applejack resting against the wall, her hat covering her face.

"Hey Applejack!" Spike shouted, as he walked towards the sleeping mare.