• Published 26th May 2015
  • 507 Views, 17 Comments

Likely - rooberry



Five years after a pony, dragon half shows up. Spike and his girlfriend make the journey that will change their life, together.

  • ...
9
 17
 507

A Full Day

“Ok we are all here. Now what was so important that we needed a meeting?” Rarity said in her fashionista voice. Everyone was at the meeting. Spikes friends, Sweetie Belle, Apple bloom, Scootaloo and Big Mac. Along with Embers friends, Nurse Redheart and Zecora. Ember and Zecora had become business partners as well as friends. After learning that Zecora grew up where Ember came from, they got to know each other and Ember became Zecoras apprentice and eventually partners. Along with the maine 6 the room was pretty full.

“Okay everypony.” Twilight began, “We are here because Spike and Ember need to make some announcements.” Twilight stepped aside letting Ember and Spike take her place.

Spike began stuttering, “Um...ok..well you see, me and Ember…I mean...Ember and I…”

Ember sighed and took over, “We are getting married!” Everypony cheered.

"I'm so happy for you." Everypony congratulated

"And" Ember continued, "I'm pregnant." Everypony was silent.

"Wait," Applebloom spoke up, "Did you decide to get married then got pregnant or are you getting married because you pregnant?"

"Applebloom!" Applejack scowled.

"No it's ok Applejack." Ember said, "I did get pregnant before we got engaged but even if I were not pregnant we would still get married." There was a silent awkwardness.
"So who wants to help with the weddings?" Ember said. Everypony raised a hoof. "Great. Oh let me right this down. Let me get some things from upstairs." She said as she walked towards the stairs. Spike jumped in front of her.

"Wait,I can get it for you." He said trying to be helpful.

"Spike I'm not helpless you know." Ember said while glaring at him. He stepped aside letting her pass.

Two minutes later, Ember appeared at the top of the stairs with a couple of quills tucked behind her ear and had a scroll and a jar of ink balanced on her wings. She started her descent down the stairs.

Suddenly, Embers hoof slipped causing her to scream as she tumbled down the stairs. The ink jar breaking, the glass and ink going every where. Ember fell to the floor completely still. Ink mixing with her own blood.

Everypony was completely still. Spike rushed to Embers side. He didn't realize the glass was cutting deep past his scales causing him to bleed as well. Spike sat there stunned, not knowing what to do. It felt as if he had only been by her side for 3 seconds when the hospital pegasi came and flew her to the hospital. Everypony but Spike followed, he just sat there for a minute.

He then got up, ran out the door and flew as fast as he could, at a speed the would leave Rainbowdash impressed. He burst through the the hospital doors.

"Where is she??!" He asked the pony at the front urgently.

"Sir, can you give me the name of the pony you're looking for?” The mare asked.

Spike didn't have time for this, “Where is she!?!” He asked again but louder.

“Spike???” Applejack turned the corner.

“What??” He snarled.

“Woah, hold yer’ horses sugar cube. I just came to get ya.” She said.

“Yeah yeah, Just tell me where Ember is.” He said hurried.

“Shes in ICU, but…” She said grabbing his attention.

“But?? But what??” He concerned and frightened.

“But I just wanted to tell ya, I know how ya feel.” She said sympathetically.

“Ya right!” he said pushing her aside. Applejack thought for a moment.

“Spike, yer’ goin’ the wrong way.” Applejack called, Spike turned to face Applejack. "Follow me." Applejack turned toward the door.

Spike after a short moment of thought soon followed, "So where is the ICU??" He said once they were outside.

"Well, it's in a different part of the hospital." She started, "So it's a bit of a walk from here." Spike just shrugged.

"Hey Spike, I really do know how you feel." She said not looking back.

"Really, how?" He asked as he moved toward Applejack to hear her better.

"Well, it happened when I was a filly. Applebloom had just been born and my ma' started to get real sick. And then the doctor said she had lung cancer. Soon after my ma died my dad.... Well, he killed himself." She said trying to stay strong.

"Wow AJ, I didn't know." He said sympathetically.

"It's ok, not a lot of people know, and i dont talk about it much. I just wanted ya to know we're here fer ya." She said putting a hoof around him.

"Thanks Applejack."

"Well we're here." Applejack said. Spike had not been paying attention to their surroundings.

"Wait this is where we started!" He said confused. She just nodded. "But I thought we were... wait this is the ICU isn't it."

"I needed to calm ya down." She said. He just smiled.

"Now, can I please see my fiancé??" He said slightly irritated. She nodded with a smile.

Spike apologized to the mare at the front desk and she told him where to find the rest of the ponies.

They waited for hours. It was lay in the day when the doctor finally approached them.

"How is she?" Spike asked concerned.

The doctor took a deep breath before starting, "Well, the glass just missed her tracial artery. We have succeeded in getting all the glass out of her skin."

"Is the foal ok??" Spike said anxiously.

"The foal is fine, Ember put her hooves around her stomach when she was falling." Dr.Stable said. "Would you like to see her?"

Everypony joined in a chorus of yeses.

Once everypony squeezed into the small room Spike went to her bedside and held her hoof.

Ember started to mumble. "Can.d.." Spike stroked her mane as she continued to mumble. "candace..."

As soon as she had spoken the word clearly Zecora ran out of the room without a word.

Twilight thought for a moment. "I that name from somewhere, but where?"

Ember continued to mumble, "Candace."

Author's Note:

Im alive and finally was able to finish this chapter. Sorry for the long wait, I had writers block all summer.:fluttercry:
If you like my story PLEASE share it with your friends i would really appreciate it.:heart: