• Published 10th Apr 2015
  • 768 Views, 34 Comments

The Moon's Darkness - YeetingHunter



I am the God of Darkness. I serve the bringer of darkness. I serve the moon.

  • ...
8
 34
 768

Bad Memories Part 1/2

Cadence was a few inches from making contact with Dark Shadow, but he rolled out of the way right before she hit. Dark Shadow stood on his hind legs, while drawing Shining Armor's sword. As for Cadence, she dug her hooves into the ground, effectively stopping herself. She stopped right next to Dark Shadow's spear, which she grabbed with a magical grasp before turning towards Dark Shadow. With out warning, Cadence shot forwards, pointing the spear forwards. Dark Shadow spun while moving to the left. He dodged the spear tip with success. He used his spin to kick Cadence in the back of the head, which made her skid across ground for several seconds.

Cadence got back up, and looked at Dark Shadow. As Dark Shadow looked at Cadence's eyes, Dark Shadow could see that they were completely filled with rage and hatred towards him. He knew fighting Shining Armor would be risky. He knew Cadence would feel hatred towards him if he hurt Shining Armor, but he underestimated her anger.

Dark Shadow was too in his though to notice a pink meteor crashing into him. The meteor keep taking him towards the wall on the far side of the training field, but eventually smashed right into it. Cadence was looking him strait in the eyes, while pinning him against the wall by holding his fore legs out. Before she did another thing, a dark alicorn yelled " Cadence stop this at on- " She stopped, because she saw a wooden shaft sprouting out of Dark Shadow's chest. It belonged to the spear, that Cadence shoved through his chest on contact.

Dark Shadow looked down to find the shaft's end beside Cadence's head, and traced the shaft to his chest. Black blood was around the puncture wound. Instead of pain, he felt great anger. Narrowing his eyes and gritting his teeth, he looked at Cadence, who as soon as she saw his glace, she felt great fear and dread.

For a split second, Cadence could of sworn that she saw a completely black alicorn with pupil less eyes and pearl white teeth wear Dark Shadow was being held. Before she could understand the matter, she was sent flying backwards clear across the training field by I unseen force and crashed into the wall. The unseen force knocked her unconscious on contact.

All eyes were wide, except for Dark Shadow's, and were all on the unconscious figure of Cadence. Dark Shadow was on the ground and was slightly breathing heavy, for the spear was still imbedded in his chest. He grabbed the shaft of the spear, and forced it in farther, which made it burst out of his back. Reaching around his back, he grabbed the shaft that was now sprouting of his back, then snapped it. He through the other broken piece to the side, while pulling the bigger piece out and throwing it to the side too.

Dark Shadow stood back up and looked at the unconscious body of Cadence. He felt a magical power approaching him, and quickly. Jumping backwards while doing a back flip, he dodged the incoming magical power. When he landed, a dark blue alicorn, stopped with a powerful beat of her wings. She spun around to face him and charged up her horn, but stopped in her tracks when her sister, Celestia, yelled in her royal voice, " SISTER, STOP AT ONCE!!!"

Still glaring at Dark Shadow she said, " Why should I!? He hurt our niece!"

landing beside her sister, she said in her regular voice, " Because Cadence attacked him first and he was using self defense." Luna flattened her ears to her head and got out of her combat stance. She sat down while looking at Dark Shadow with ... Gazing's eyes. Her eyes sparked a memory. A bad one...

} 42,000 Years ago {

Dark Shadow was standing on the roof of the church of the moon and sun, looking out over a forgotten city by the name of Tridon. He was in a form of a completely black alicorn with pupil less eyes and pearl white teeth. He was clad in a navy blue set of armor with a black hood covering his features, and two black bladed broadswords crossed across his back. The armor was made of the essence of shadow, and had runes traveling along the armor. All the runes took a path to the breastplate of the armor, which had a bright white crest moon in the center. His swords had runes going down the blade, that were carved all the way through the blade, so you could see through the other side. The hilt of the blades were bright white with crest moons on each end of the hilt. The handle was a basic wood, but was enchanted so it wood not burn or break. As for the bottom of the handle, it was a ring of steel that had a black crest moon in the center.

He stood on the church, standing like a bipedal, watching the alicorns below going about there daily duties, but they were also standing on there hind legs. While he was looking around, he spotted a tavern. Realizing how parched he was, he spread his wing and flew down to the door of the tavern. He pushed open the door to enter the building, and was meet with the smell of rum that hit his nose like a powerful buck. He walked up to the bar, and took a seat on one of the numbering stoles. " A rum." Dark Shadow said emotionlessly to the bartender.

" 3 bits, please." The bartender said. Dark Shadow reached into a pouch at his side, and pulled out three copper coins and through them onto the counter. The bartender took them and placed a mug of rum on the table, which Dark Shadow took and started to sip at it. After a few sips, a commotion started to go on in the back of the tavern, which Dark Shadow decided to check out.

Upon reaching the commotion, he was met with the sight of 4 guards harassing a smaller alicorn mare. " Come on, give us a good time, sweet ass." the guard facing away from Dark Shadow said.

" Piss off!" the girl screamed at the, now angered, guard.

Grabbing her arm, the guard shouted, " Now listen her, bitch. You ar-" Dark Shadow had enough of this, and decided to take action. He ran up behind the guard and spun the guard around. Dark Shadow reared back a hoof, and shot it forwards, making contact with the guards muzzle. Blood sprayed from the nose of the guards as he fell backwards from the punch.

The other guards drew there swords, and charged after Dark Shadow. stepping backwards, he unsheathed both of his swords and got into a defensive position. The first guard spun around, swing his sword. Dark Shadow ducked while spinning with his swords stretched outwards. His sword sliced through the guards mid section like butter.

He jumped backwards and landed on his fore hooves, then he flipped again; landing on his hind hooves. The second guards tried to thrust his sword into Dark Shadow, but he crossed his swords and moved his torso to left a little, which made the blade barely missed his neck. The guards sword was stopped halfway through its trust. Dark Shadow used his swords like scissors and cut the guards blade in half. Dark Shadow shot out his right hoof sword, and impaled the guards chest. A guard came from his side, and did a diagonal slash, but found that Dark Shadow had moved.

Dark Shadow had let go of the handle of his right hoof sword, and spun around, the now falling, guards body. He found himself behind the confused guard. Dark Shadow swung his sword, and sliced right through the neck of the guard, which decapitated the guard. Before the second guards body fell backwards, Dark Shadow grabbed the handle of his other sword and pulled, freeing it.

He turned to face the last guard, but the guard was shaking in fear. Dark Shadow sheathed his swords, then walked up to the trembling guard. The guard was sitting on his flank staring at Dark Shadow with terror. When Dark Shadow reached the guard, he picked him up by the neck and smashed him against the wall, which rendered him unconscious instantly.

Blood soaked the floorboards beneath Dark Shadow, but oddly no blood was on his swords or armor. He went back to the counter grabbed his drink, and chugged it down before putting it back on the table. He went the door, but not with out looking at the surrounding crowd first. All of the tavern's visitors, and the bartender, all looked wide eyed at him. The mare he saved was in a state of shock, but still stared at Dark Shadow non the less. With a final grunt, Dark Shadow opened the door and exited the building. Spreading his wings, he flew of into the afternoon sky.

Author's Note:

Hello people! I believe that this is my best written chapter, thus far. If you haven't already, vote a 1 or 2, because it will determine a important event later in the story. Anyways, have a good one!