• Published 10th Apr 2015
  • 768 Views, 34 Comments

The Moon's Darkness - YeetingHunter



I am the God of Darkness. I serve the bringer of darkness. I serve the moon.

  • ...
8
 34
 768

Newest Guard

Dark Shadow was waiting in a line to be tested by the Night Watch captain. He was a batpony that was a little taller then Luna. He had a ash grey coat with a black mane. His fangs were a little larger then average. Dark Shadow's eyes were a golden yellow that glowed like fire. His wings were larger than other batponies.

He was two away from being tested, so he closed his eyes and slowed his breathing to a standstill 'For the Goddess of the Moon.'. He opened his eyes to find himself one away from the test. " NEXT!" yelled a voice from the other side of the door. The batpony in front of me walked throw the door, and a different batpony walked out of the door. He had bruises on his face torso and sides. This indicated that the one Dark Shadow had to fight fought on all fours, for he bore no damage on his back.

Dark Shadow waited for a few minutes before hearing "NEXT!" The pony that had just went in had come out with a smile on his face. Dark Shadow entered the room and found that there was a stone ring. " Listen up! If you are able to strike my face or chest you will be granted permission to enter camp. If your able to defeat me, which is unlikely, You will automatically be put in the guard." Dark Shadow keep a emotionless expression as he stepped onto the stone ring. " This should be a little more interesting. Your Dark Shadow. You have the highest intelligent average and highest physical average of the year. Anyways, Ready ... Set ... GO!"

Dark Shadow stood on his hind legs when he herd 'GO', and got into a combat position as the captain charged towards him. When the captain was a mere inches in front of Dark Shadow, he spun and tried to buck Dark Shadow. His hooves were met with air, but his face was meet with a solid kick to his muzzle, which, effectively broke it. The kick mad him stand on his hind legs, but was hit in the chest with a powerful punch, which shattered his armor like glass. The metal of the armor cut and impaled the captain as he flew backwards towards a wall.

When contact with the wall was made it cracked. The captain slid down the wall to a siting position, but when his flank touched the ground, he let of a glass shattering scream.

Medical units and Princess Luna herself came bursting through a door on the other side of the room. When the medical units first entered the room, they were confused to see Dark Shadow standing on his hind legs, but the confusion was replace with fear when he pointed towards the slumping figure of the Night Watch captain. It did not help then when he stood on his hind legs. He was slightly taller then Celestia when on his hind legs, which made him look extremely intimidating.

While the medics treated the injured captain Luna approached the towering figure of Dark Shadow. Dark Shadow lower himself then bowed when he was on all fours again. " Did you do this to the my captain?" Luna said in a strict voice. She was trying to be intimidating, but she wasn't; well at least to Dark Shadow she wasn't.

Dark Shadow unbowed and rose to a standing position. With a emotionless face and emotionless tone he replied. " Yes, this would be my undoing, Princess of the Night." Luna was a little shocked at how calm he was around her.

" Well, that is quite impressive considering you have not been trained yet. I would like you to follow me to the armory to get you fitted in your armor." Dark Shadow gave a sight nod in response.

They pair walked through the door that Dark Shadow had walked through. All the batponies that were in the hallway instantly bowed at the sight of the princess of the night. The bowing ponies were confused at why Dark Shadow was walking with the princess, but all made sense when Luna said " What weapon type do you use?"

" I tent to be skilled at a broadsword while also using a spear." Luna nodded her head, but looked over at the stallion that was following her. She expected to see excitement or fear, yet he showed nether, and keep a emotionless tone and face. " I believe we have arrived, Princess of the night."

" Yes, it seem so. I will order your weapon set from the blacksmiths, while you go get fitted for armor." Dark Shadow nodded and went throw the door.

When he opened the door, he was meet with the sight of two night guards guarding a desk with a orange coated stallion siting behind it. Dark Shadow closed the door and walked towards the desk. " Hello. I'm Well Fitted. I am assuming you are here to get fitted for night guard armor." Dark Shadow nodded. " Excellent! Follow me."

Dark Shadow did as told and followed Well Fitted around the desk, and into a back room. Well Fitted told Dark Shadow to stand on a pedestal, which he did with out complaint. Well Fitted started to measure Dark Shadow's body to fit him in his armor. After about 25 minutes of measuring, he went through a side door. The side door lead to the armor room.

" There! This should fit perfectly." Well Fitted walked out of the room with a set of Night Watch armor on his back. " Here, try them on!" He said excitedly.

Dark Shadow inspected the armor for any flaws, but found no major ones. He slowly started to equip his armor. He started from the boots up. He reached his chest piece and buckled it on. His sight landed on the helmet. He turned with out the helmet and was about to walk out the door, before it swung open, hitting him in the face.

He was not moved by the door, but his face shattered door's part of contact. Dark Shadow herd a gasp com from the other side, which had a Night Guard caring a spear and broadsword on his back. Dark Shadow moved away from the door to show his uninjured features. " Shit! Sorry, are you alright?" said the guard. Dark Shadow nodded his head. " Anyways, he are your requested weapons. The Night Guard are going to be changing places with the Day Guard in about a hour, so Princess Luna has ordered me to tell you to met her and her sister in the training field." once again, Dark Shadow nodded and began to walk towards the training field.

Dark Shadow knew the castle like the bottom of his hoof, because he had been watching over Luna sense her return to Canterlot, and before. He paid close attention to the halls she walked, and quickly memorized them.

Dark Shadow walked out into the training field and instantly saw the royal sisters. When he was a few meters in front of them, he stopped and bowed. " I see what you mean, Sister. Not even slightly nervous." Celestia stated curiously. Dark Shadow unbowed and looked at the princesses emotionlessly. " You must be very skillful to defeat Luna's captain in such a short time, so my former Day Guard captain wishes to challenge you in combat."

" Yes, before you ask me for permission to duel I-" Luna started, before being interrupted

" Goddess of the Night, I will fight this former captain in combat, but my only question is when will this duel begin?" Dark Shadow interrupted.

" It will begin tomorrow, for Shining Armor is already here in Canterlot." Luna explained. " But until then, My captain of the guard wishes for a rematch with you, but with weapons."

" I except his challenge, Princess Luna." Dark Shadow stated. There was a chuckle coming from his right. " I see that his challenge stands for right now."

" Correct you are, Privet." Dark Shadow turned to see a certain unicorn captain dressed in armor with a claymore on his back. " I will redeem myself from defeat, and will send you to the medical wing! Anyways, follow me to the fighting ring." Dark Shadow followed the captain to a stone ring; similar to the on inside. " Prepare yourself." The captain grabbed his claymore's handle with his teeth, while Dark Shadow stood on his hind legs. All while unsheathing his blade from his side with his hoof, and took his spear off of his back.

The Captain finally unsheathed his blade, and held it sideways in his mouth. He was slight did a double take seeing Dark Shadow on his hind legs, while holding a sword with his right hoof, pointed it at the captain. Dark Shadow also held his spear behind his back, similar to a scorpion. The point of the spear came over his right shoulder about 6 inches, while the blunt end of the spear was showing from his right side for about a foot.

Without warning, the captain shot towards Dark Shadow. He stopped in front and spun with his sword his sword, but only sliced through air. A searing pain was shot through him as Dark Shadow impaled him through both his hind legs with his spear. The captain was heaved upwards at incredible speeds. The last thing the captain saw before losing consciousness, was Dark Shadow jumping in front of him with his weapons sheathed. Dark Shadow raised both of his hooves in the air and conjoined them together, before swinging them downwards lightning fast. The last thing herd was a sickening crack as the captain was rocketed towards the ground. Upon contact, the ground shook, cracked, and broke, Thus rendering the captain unconscious...

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed it. I know this type of stories are common, but I thought it would be interesting to have a being more powerful then the royal sister, discord, twilight, cadence, and the elements of harmony themselves combined.

Anyways, I know this was a little to fast paced, but I need suggestions for my writing.



LOOKING FOR EDITER