• Published 4th Dec 2015
  • 636 Views, 16 Comments

Secrets of the Sun - moonrose



While Celestia is away for royal duties, Discord manages to find her more personal diary, and decides to read it out loud to Luna

  • ...
1
 16
 636

Chapter 1: Prologue

As Luna watched her sister's carriage leave the palace, she went over the words her sister has said to her. Make sure the guards are in their proper place. That was done. Don't forget your studies. Luna had finished her studies that morning. Keep an eye on Discord. Easier said than done. Speaking of Discord, Luna pondered, where was the creature of chaos?

Discord failed to hold in snickers as he watched the palace guards tripping over each other and sliding around on their plots. Third time this week those idiots fell for his antics. This was just too much fun. Discord was slightly bummed he wasn’t at the Crystal Empire, watching Shining Armor and that new guard, what was his name? Flash Sentry? Watching them and the rest of the guard sliding on the slicked floor would be hilarious! Suddenly, a booming voice filled the hall.

“DISCORD!!!!!!” Luna called as she skidded along the slippery floor. “WHAT HATH THOU DONE?!?!?” Discord sighed, what a buzz kill.

"What have you done.” he corrected, “Get with the times! Nopony says ‘thou’ anymore." Luna growled

“And I haven’t done anything, its the guard that wasn't watching where they were going” He continued with a smirk.

“THAT-” Luna cleared her throat, in order to lower her voice to normal volume “That was completely unnecessary, we are trying to become more modern, but the Equestrian language chances much.”

“Who’s ‘we’?” Discord slyly asked. Luna glared at him. “Ugh, you’re no fun, OK, ok. I’ll clean up”

“Yes, do. Then please behave for the rest of the afternoon. please?” Luna hated to beg Discord, but this was Luna’s first time running the castle without Celestia, she didn’t want anything to go wrong. Discord snapped his fingers and the oil he had "accidentally" spilled on the floor vanished. A gigantic bar of pink soap slid around the floor causing the royal guard to be caught in big pink bubbles. The guards yelped as they bounced around. Luna glared at Discord

“I’m not making any promises” He said as he slowly dissolved and vanished, leaving Luna wondering what could possibly go wrong.


Discord jumped from painting to painting, wonder what kind of mischief he could get himself into. As he passed the library corridor, Discord noticed that one of bookshelves had been moved. Normally Discord wouldn’t have cared, but the bookshelf had split in half like a double door, revealing a passage way. Discord chuckled, who had been so foolish as to leave this golden opportunity wide open? Discord jumped out the painting he had been traveling in, which consisted of three royal guard captains, and quickly ran into the passageway. The more Discord traveled, the darker the corridor got. So dark, in fact, that Discord walked face-first into a wall.

"Ouch" He said, grateful that no one saw that. Discord lifted his paw and slid it along the wall. His paw found a little bump that, upon closer inspection, turned out to be a door knob. "What have we here?" Discord said quietly to himself. He turned the knob, curious as to know what was behind that door.

Luna walked down the corridor. She sighed happily. After managing to get the guards out of the bubbles, she had taken a long relaxing shower. Now, as she trotted to her room, she listened to the sounds of the castle. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, nothing was breaking... wait she thought to herself. She listened closer. There was no sound of chaos at all. No screams, no breaking glass, no whoopee cushions, no... anything. It was quiet, a little too quiet. That could only mean one thing... Discord was planning something. But what, Luna couldn't be sure. Luna turned around and went back the way she came. First she would check the kitchen, Discord's favorite spot when it came to pranking. If he wasn't in the kitchen... well, she'd think of something. So much for trying to relax Luna thought to her self as she began her mission to find Discord, and stop him from causing mischief. That was... if he hadn't already started.

Author's Note:

This is my first story! Sorry that the chapters are so short, I'll post longer ones later. Please forgive all the grammar/spelling mistakes.I hope you like, and I plan to update soon:twilightsmile: