• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 377 Views, 5 Comments

Causality: Lost in a Broken Equestria - ProtoFelix



I awoke, alone. No pony to turn to. No pony is sight. The princess's gone. Everything and every-were empty.

  • ...
 5
 377

Causality: Chapter 3, Cause

Chapter 3: Cause

"Hello ... Loading..."

Silver and I looked at each other in anticipation as this purple orb spoke to us with a monotone and depressed voice saying.

Silver still looking at me shocked her face horrified, but anticipated for what was to happen next? I was worried for both of us, even if it was going to tell us what happened or anything it could change the way we see the situation and/or the way we look at each other.

Silver just asked me like she didn't believe herself "Did that just talk?" the examine her face in that instant was like she had never seen technology this advanced before, considering I've never seen Silver this bewildered it was rather bizarre. She kept examining the sphere waiting for its next response and eager to touch it, but at the same time sceptical of what I would do.

I have to admit I had not seen this technology before and was also quite bewildered. I'd heard of unicorns enchanting certain objects, plus this came from nowhere out of the sky. I continue to look at Silver and back at the object and involuntarily I lift my fore-hoof and touch the sphere again.

A female voice spoke;

"If you are hearing this then take a look at the colour that's is being displayed being displayed currently"


As the voice spoke the orb’s encryptions changed from a illuminating cyan to a dark green tint and one of the concealed compartments opens from the right hand side revealing what look provisionals

"Please speak the colour of the orb clearly"

Silver was still looking bewildered at the object as if there was a tiny person speaking inside. Using my knowledge of unicorn magic I'd say this type of enchantment was done by a high- level unicorn. I was like the woman inside followed a set rule, but was sentient about her responses anyway I did as the voice asked and spoke the colour of the orb clearly and close to the object in a clear enough tone as possible "Green"

The voice began to speak again;

"You are still in luck. If the colour of the markings bestowed on this orb are in fact green then they're still hope for you to leave Equestria, take the supplies and run as far as possible I'm afraid the person who has taken home in Canterlot is far stronger than combined,"

As she was speaking I couldn't help think who she meant by us.; The Mane 6? The Princess's? Discord and Tirek?

"Please do not seek vengeance at the castle. It will only result in your death or deaths many have tried to venture far and with hold the one we call Shadow Mist from coming to Equestra once more, but it is clear we did not prevail. I warn you now, his powers have advanced far beyond like likes of; Alicorn Magic and the chaos magic held within the Draconequus. So please save yourself and others on the wa-."

The orb stopped glowing a tinted green and a shattered echo raced through the sky. Abruptly a loud voice started shouting across the atmosphere;

"So? You think you can leave can you Silver and Spirit and you hiding in the bush spying on them!"

"Someones hiding in the bush?" I mumbled as a blue fellow earth pony appeared his head drooped in sorrow as he has been caught.

"Yes walk out in great displease meant, watching you has been quite amusing. I thank you for the entertainment" the dark voice continued

"Who are you?" I shot towards to the pony who stood before me and Silver

"Yeah what he said!" Silver said trying to act as if she was strong

"This one is going to be interesting! Silent! Grab my popcorn! O, sorry thought this was off. No erm fear me! I am almighty" the dark voice rambled on.

Meanwhile Silver was on the floor laughing in hysterics at what she had just witnessed paying no attention towards the blue colt that stood before us.

Silver still laughing shouts up hoping the voice can hear her saying "Hahaha you really are evil" the voice did not reply, but Silver was still amused, but my head was elsewhere focusing on the person stood in front of us. I ask politely "Can you at least tell me your name?"

He spoke quietly and modestly speaking the words "My name-, My name is-Whoosh" the name sounded familiar to me, but I had never met anyone by this name. It was quite bizarre and creepy that this pony was in fact following us for god knows how long, but I do feel sorry for him. The look on his face looks like he had no idea what was going on, ear he was in the same boat as we were.

Whoosh stepped forward and asked "Is- Is it true what that orb said? About how Equestria is doomed?" The look on his face. That moment made me want to lie to him to make it all better, but I'm afraid he was just asking it for consolation to clear his mind and to find an answer as we are.

"I'm afraid so. It appears that we must leave Equestria and find a new home." It felt stupid conceding to a force that we don't even know is true. "Wait a minute, how do we know that this orb was sent by the guy who is over ruling Canterlot? I mean if so he basically just gave us the answer that he did it because the magic used to create it is fairly advanced than anything I've seen before, but it also means that the orb was right in meaning that he is more powerful than; Alicorn Magic and the chaos magic held within the Draconequus meaning.... Oh god this all so confusing!"

The dark voice in the sky said, "This is so amusing, if you want to find out how powerful I really am, come up to the castle and find out for yourself" I was at a dilemma here. I had two options

Option 1;

Be my normal self and leave Equestria and all my hopes and dreams behind with these two fellow ponies I have met on my journey. Find a distant land and live in peace.

Option 2;

Be the hero in every movie that tries to have his entire land and gets away with it with a one in a million chance

In my honest opinion I preferred option 2, not because I want to save the day. I want to find out what has gone wrong and how he was able to banish everyone besides a select few. Maybe a flaw in his magic? We are immune? At this point I don't really know what to think and I'm going to have to deal with Whoosh and his situation first maybe, he will join us.

I walk from Silver who was still on the floor recovering from what she has witnessed from above and Whoosh who was still taking in the news I bestowed upon him towards the lake about 15 meters away and I look at myself in the crystal blue water and think "Is this all real? Am I just dreaming?"

Suddenly the voice returned, but this time not from above inside my head. "Having a little stress are we Spirit? Here, let me turn the day cycles back on so you can rest well."The sound that we get a day and night was a relief I can get some rest now and mull over the day.

"Why did you turn it off to begin with can I ask that just upsets the equilibrium of the world. its like removing the sun and leaving the moon to rise and set. It just wouldn't work." I wanted to learn more about this person situated in Canterlot and I have until the morning to think about it. He sounds intelligent, but not that evil like he is pursuing something not involving harm of others.

"I will be honest about why I did it. I was bored. I wanted to experiment with how people would react. I was quite surprised with your first reaction and how you are handling things. The others are taking me and an object of evil. You are the first out of the 42 ponies that roam Equestria and I'm surprised you three have all met up." I wondered why he gave me this information, but I did not reply only walked on over towards Silver who has now calmed down and Whoosh who was talking to her. They seemed to be getting along nicely which was a good sign as I was going to ask Whoosh if he would like to join us.

"Hey guys" I say in a new friendly tone Silver and Whoosh look up at me and were pleased to see me back

"Hi Spirit, what were you doing at the lake" I freeze and try to think of an excuse I don't want to mention to them that I was speaking to the pony or other life form that has taken over Equestria. Whoosh didn't speak just acknowledged I was there and listened into our conversation minding his own business.

I look up to the sky to see if the thing situated Canterlot has begun to lower the sun, to my surprise it has begun too lower. I use this as an excuse to distract Silver and Whoosh from my absence "Guys look! The sun is going down and the moon is rising" Thankfully my distraction worked and Silver and Whoosh looked up to the sky their faces lit up with excitement. I ask "Should we set up camp here tonight?"

Silver nods following on to Whoosh by example. I separated myself from the group and set out to find something useful to do...

“ Cause “
a person or thing that gives rise to an action, phenomenon, or condition.a principle, aim, or movement to which one is committed and which one is prepared to defend or advocate.
Who was the person that rose to an action? If we link it to Causality. What effect will it have on the universe?