• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 377 Views, 5 Comments

Causality: Lost in a Broken Equestria - ProtoFelix



I awoke, alone. No pony to turn to. No pony is sight. The princess's gone. Everything and every-were empty.

  • ...
 5
 377

Causality: Chapter 2, Benign

Chapter 2: Benign

"Soooo" Silver says suggestively looking in my direction "Do you like colts?" She hints towards spirit in an innocent and gentle tone.

"Wha?" I replied in a bewildered tone not at the question, but the fact she knew! I do in fact like colts I kept it a secret a while, plus I guess inside I know it's true and I picked now as the best time as any to tell someone "Erm ... Yeah..? How did you guess?" I state in a semi confident tone acting all confident on the outside and scared of the awaiting reaction on this inside.

Silver took a moment and stopped for a few moments. She laughed loudly and said: "I can't believe you just told me that" Still laughing and taking breaks between each word because she used all her breath laughing.

I reply still acting confident "I want to express who I am, and you are kind of the first person I told. I picked a terrible- No shit time to tell someone that," using one hoof to rub the back of my neck then putting it down and then kicked the dirt avoiding eye contact with her.

"We just met!" she replied then following on with "And you're trusting me with that?" she implies.

"Yeah, considering we are going to spending a while together I don't want to be holding things back" Still acting confidently I continue to walk hoping she follows. It took a few moments for her to catch up, although we were walking at a steady pace. I say abruptly "We must move quickly considering that trail of smoke isn't going to last forever." she nods and continues walking.

We had been walking in silence for about 10 minutes now and we were about one mile deep into the forest which my house was situated on the edge of. I'm used to it, but I'm not sure Silver was. I enjoyed the silence and quietness, still it was reminding me of the dream we both shared. I proceed with walking and break the silence because I'm sure considering Silver wasn't used to the silence and the dream was causing her stress I ask "Do you enjoy the quiet" I ask to silver in a normal tone

"Yeah I don't mind it" she said confidently, although inside I knew there was something not quite right.

"Is it the dream Silver?" I ask implying as if she wasn't okay

"No! I'm fine.." she says loudly down my ear as if she intended to get the message right to my brain

"Jeez! Sorry I was only asking. Next time be a little less literal" I say taking a few steps away from the silver pegasus as I do I notice her cutie mark is a magnet I thought it would be a good topic to pass the time so I bring it up. "Why is your cutie mark a magnet" I ask sounding confused.

She takes a few moments as she did before when she burst out laughing at me being a coltcuddler, but she said in a moderate and informative tone, but with a sweet crisp "I am able to control metals" at that moment after she replied I was instantly confused how she was a pegasus, but has unicorn like abilities, but that was a programme discontinued centuries ago.

I ask "But? Controlling metals is something that unicorns can do and besides you're a pegasus" I realize what I said was a real dick move maybe she was special in some kind of way, maybe it was the cause of a horrible life too I say "look-"before getting instantly cut off as she says

"It's ok I get it alot its about my past. I'd rather not go into detail" she sighed and continued walking

We had been talking about each other's lives for about an hour and a half now. Time feels like it passes a lot faster, but with no sunset and/or sunrise. We were talking going on from topic to topic getting a lot closer and I was starting to learn much more about Silver than I anticipated. Reaching the edge of the forest and in the distance we see Las Pegasus and the smoke rising from the fallen object.

Silver mentions quietly" I hope our journey doesn't end at the crash site, I really have enjoyed talking to you"
Flattered I reply "Thanks". As we continue to trot towards the crash site I say:"I have really enjoyed talking to you too". Silver sighed and I ask toward Silver in motive "What's wrong?"

She replied all of a sudden saying "I really wish we meet someone new. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy talking to you, just that I miss talking to other ponies, I know it's only been a few hours, but I just miss it" I still couldn't understand why she felt this, I've never experienced true friendship before. Every time I would put trust in someone they would always betray me and hurt me.

So being cliche I reply to her "Don't worry it will all be over soon and we can go back to how it all was". Inside I know this wasn't true. I wasn't a cliche person and I knew that whatever was making Canterlot float had no intention of leaving. Our journey was for mere knowledge and some kind of clarification to what the buck is going on around here.


We reach the edge of what we had known "the even terrain" and faced a drop. Judging from the look about a straight hundred feet drop. In the distance at the bottom of the chasm a small lake glistened nearly blinding me, but situated and smoking away near a rock formation was the fallen hope we had begun to call it throughout our journey here.

We had been walking for Celestia knows how long the fact that the sun and moon aren't rising suggests that the Princess's are gone, which I was pretty already aware of and I'm sure Silver was too.

She says gulping whatever breath she could find for dramatic effect "That's one really steep drop"

I laugh trying not to sound scared "Yeah now would be a fantastic time for the use of your wings there" I've never been carried by a pegasi before and to admit I was rather scared of what her reaction would be to me doing it and the reaction I'm going to have of being carried up into the air.

Silver looked at me and then looked at the abyss. Spotting what I spotted before; a lake, small area of trees and the "Fallen Hope". she laughs and says something under her breath that I couldn't make out. Eager to know I ask "What was that?"

She replies in a confident tone "Had something stuck in my throat". I knew she was hiding something, but I couldn't make it out before I could ask again she cut me off and said: "Soo... are we-going down? If so grab on!"

A little sceptical I grab on to her back hoof, inside having a stupid feeling of self idiocy. Clinging on for dear life hoping I would slip off, closing my eyes and hoping for the best. I was sitting there for a few moments waiting for my body to leave the ground, but nothing. I turn towards to see what's going on Silver and realized she was looking right at my just ready to burst out laughing at how I was sitting. "I had never been carried" I said trying to get her to stop looking "To be utterly honest Silver I am pretty scared of being dropped into a chasm which was 100 feet deep from the looks of it" I spit towards her

Silvers emotion changes from ecstatic to a rather serious look asking "Are you sure you want me to take you. I've erm..."


In reply to silvers comment before she could continue her sentence "Silver you've done this before right?"

She kicks the floor with her right hoof trying to avoid any eye contact with me for a few moments then turning to face me saying "Well I have once, but I didn't work out well, but I'm sure we will be fine!"

The emotion in my face went from sceptical to bucking petrified!


After minutes of contemplating whether I was going to trust this girl to fly me down, I was pacing up and town the edge of the chasm thinking if it was the right thing to do I decide... "Ok, but- please... don't drop me"

Silver says confidently "I won't! Now grab on!" I proceed to grabbing her hooves. Moments later I hear the whoosh of her wings and the ground leave me from underneath. I dare to look down at how far up we were so I continue to ram my muzzle into her leg and hope for the best. I have to admit. It really feels good feeling the wind blow through your mane and the feeling of weightlessness, I can see why pegasi are always so happy when they're flying.

During the flight I felt free, for the first time I had put trust in someone and they are actually doing what I've longed to seek. If this all was a dream. I wouldn't want it to end, I don't think silver wants that either.

After about 15 minutes of flying I feel my hooves touch the ground once again and open my eyes releasing my muzzle from Silvers leg and apologizing for it saying "Sorry my muzzle was jammed in your leg"

She smirks and says, "It's okay" and starts to wander off towards the now cooled "Fallen Hope" I get push myself up slowly. My legs shaking involuntarily.

Scratching my head I say to myself "Damn anxiety, I'm not scared so stop." My brain worked in a stupid way required my personal attention to keep it from breaking down". I trot over to Silver already examining the fallen object.
The object was completely spherical, the colour of the object was a tinted royal purple and to the looks hadn't been damaged by the crash. The object had encryption's all across it a lost language maybe? Markings from a lost civilization? Or just some sweet decals? I turn to silvers to see if she had any idea..

Silver reached out and touched in before I could retaliate.

The encryption's (or sweeeet decals) began to glow a light cyan colour the orb began to speak..

"Hello...""Benign"

Gentle and Kind

(of a disease) not harmful in effect.

What currently is not in effect? What is to come?