• Published 5th Apr 2015
  • 1,834 Views, 23 Comments

Changing Views - PrinERROR



"Please fluttershy!" Her voice was angry but held a ting of desperateness to her "You don't need your friends I'm all you need!" Fluttershy starts to grow confusing feelings towards Starlight Glimmer. It can only go down road from here...right?

  • ...
10
 23
 1,834

All things come...

This was not good. No, this was defiantly not good. Fluttershy had known the minute she walked out of that house the girls fates had been placed in her hooves and she was already failing! And failing rather miserably as well.

The sun burned harshly in her face across the barely habitable landscape as the crowd of villagers gathered around her. All of them hoping to know who had betrayed them, who had been a bad example and if their new "friend" was telling the truth.

The faintest of sweat mark's appeared on Fluttershy's temple as she cowered before the creepily eager crowd and they're leader's shadow and breath that fell over her body and blocked out the harsh burning sun.

Starlight Glimmer's face sat bemused, inches away from Fluttershy's and clouding the yellow Pegasus's already foggy vision. The tops of her eyebrows touching the tops of her forehead and her eyes burrowing deep into the element of kindness's soul. On a normal more friendlier pony, the mare would have compared them to freshly cut amethyst but on her they where like too dark purple deceiving abyss.

Her frown was another thing that shook the yellow mare into uncanny valley as she pulled her head away from Starlight's gaze. The frown was small and quite against her other more alarming features but was as fake as Rarity's eyelashes. Fluttershy was pretty sure that if there where not an audience, Starlight would be grinning from ear to ear like a mad mare.

However, Fluttershy could not dwell on the looks of the mare from hell inches away from her face, her friends where on the line and if this façade got any more fake-

"Well...?"

The element of kindness felt a shiver fall down her spine at the sound of the smooth and cunning voice that left from Starlight's lips. Every word sounding like a hidden second plan or back-up carefully planned for her downfall; All her fur standing on end as she finished and her eyebrows and eyes turned into a semi-fake confessed appearance.

The sweat from Fluttershy's temple finally swept down from her face after a few seconds under both the harsh sun and stare of the ponies and she gulped shakily.

The gig had to be up hadn't it? Starlight Glimmer was looking through her façade as swiftly as a knife would slice through butter.

Fluttershy staggeringly turned to the audience in a last hope to look for the poor ponies which had helped her and the others get a clue to what had been going on. She scanned the faces dashingly, looking for the three. Even if it was against her moral's she just couldn't let her friends down anymore than she already had. These ponies were all nice anyway; surely they would forgive her if she picked them out?

However before Fluttershy could speak their names, to her delight and dismay the crowd had began departing as one of the three she recognized walked through to meet her.

"I did" Party Favor's voice was shaking as much as Fluttershy's pulse and his eyes darted to meet Starlight's. His hooves graced the dry ground steadily and he filled his chest with air to help him in what was to come.

"I just wanted it again, only for a little bit. Just to remember what it was like before I gave it up; I swear!" tears appeared at the corners of his eyes and he fell to the ground in a heap of pent up emotional turmoil; small sobs coming from within and reaching the ears of the crowd.

Fluttershy felt pity for the poor stallion as he lied to keep his friends safe from the dictator; Comparing there goals and secretly wishing him the best of luck and pride for sacrificing himself for his friends.

Even if she already saw the faintest hint of regret in his eyes.

"Oh really, no pony else?" Starlight's voice was much colder as it was seconds before and she obviously felt no pity as her face changed smoothly from one emotion to another.

"And yet you would betray your village and be better than everypony else? What selfishness" the mayor's eyes then suddenly filled with something nasty and cunning, the smallest of unnoticeable smiles appearing on her face "Maybe you should spend time with our other guests and remind yourself of the villages code. Yes?"

Fluttershy watched in horror as his once smiling comrades frowned deeply at him and manhandled him into the small cottage with the rest of her friends. She heard small gasps and grunts as she turned to Starlight Glimmer; gleaming like a hyena like some sort of sick justice had been served.

And then, at the nod of Starlight's head she was surrounded by the ponies of the village like nothing had happened. They're smiles beaming at the sorrow and unwillingness that surrounded them and putting up a front of fake friendship as they welcomed there new "friend".

"Welcome Friend Fluttershy!"
"It's nice to meet you!"
"Your going to be so happy here!"
"Welcome, friend!"

Voices surrounded the shy mare in seconds as they tried they're best to welcome her. Fluttershy Didn't here any of them however as she was dragged away from the clone like faces by Starlight's hoof and she focused on turning her pulse back to normal.

"It is tradition for a new member of the village to have a cottage built for them when they join us. But don't worry about not having a place to live for now, you can sleep with me in my cottage before we start the making of your residential area in the mourning". Starlight said as she pulled Fluttershy away from the others as a dragon would guard it's treasure; protectively and filled with pride.

Fluttershy felt another shiver go through her spine again at the mayor's voice and the way Starlight's hoof pulled her closer to her waist; The kind mare's mind already filling up with conflicting conclusions.

On one hoof the thought of having a cottage would be nice, it would be like home and she would be able to spend some more time getting to know the ponies around here and just why they gave up they're cutiemarks. And yet on the latter hoof her friends where on the line and she couldn't waste time digging around or they would be converted.

And there was also the fact she didn't want to be anywhere near Starlight with the way she made Fluttershy feel!

Heart stressfully pounding in her ears and her hair moist with sweat Fluttershy felt herself entering the humble abode of Starlight Glimmer. Her eyes darting from the floor and into the capturer of her friends.

With a swift bit of Starlight's magic the wooden door slammed behind the two and she heard the various ponies of the village leave the house and return to there daily lives. The shaded light in the house growing just the slightest bit lighter as they're shadows disappeared from the window.

The lighting in the room was dark, much darker than the other house she had just spent her time in. The scarce light that fell from the petite window was quite hard to make out until Starlight walked over to the draw and pulled out a long white candle. Quickly and smoothly the purple mare levitated a match from the table and light it, embracing the small house in it's light.

The house, as Fluttershy noted was just like the other houses the ponies inhabited in this town. Small confined corners with simple wooden walls and floors. A lime green creaking door with rusty handles and a small amount of furniture that could only just make the building considered a "house".

A simple bed with worn lavender sheets that most likely hadn't been washed in weeks sat neatly in the middle of the building and a table and chest of draws on either sides of the bricked square. The yellow Pegasus wondered briefly if the house had a secret basement like Silver Belle's bakery and almost knew that it probably did.

It was Starlight Glimmer's house after all and if the pony wasn't what she seemed you could bet that house wouldn't be either.

Swiftly, when the last voice had gone, the mayor tipped her head down to fluttershy's level and pulled her away from the door; her amethyst eyes locking with the yellow mare's lime ones.

"I know you still have trouble recognizing our philosophy and way of live here" Starlight Glimmer whispered into her cream ears "But with time I'm sure you and your friends will open up to the brand new exciting opportunities presented to you."

The mayor turned to the bed, her eyes darting up to the old, forgotten dust ridden chimney above them.

"And if you don't...well...I guess you'll have to go back to reformation again, won't you?"

And with that, the mare teleported herself out of the small abode in a glimmering lilac blur. Leaving Fluttershy yet another shiver down her spine and yet more racing thoughts to reflect on.

Author's Note:

I wrote a thing! Yay! :yay:

Anyway this story is going to be a AU take on a relationship (most likely double-sided and toxic) between Fluttershy and the brand-new villain Starlight Glimmer. And since this is the first fic starring a pairing between these two I doubly name this shipping...

Glimmershy

Isn't it perfect?. Is it neat? Anyway I will update whenever I can and please rate and review! (Because you've probably guessed my weakness for writing inner monologue right now) and also note that the cover art and title are suspect to change!

Cause' I can't think of a better title right now

Have a good one!

~Princess Erroria