• Published 12th May 2012
  • 838 Views, 7 Comments

Living on the line - Frost338



The griffons invade Equestria, starting a great war.

  • ...
6
 7
 838

A look back

This chapter is about the OCs lives before the war.(excluding Frost)

Midnight Jaze

Midnight Jaze was born in Canterlot twenty-one years ago. His parents names were Midnight Star, his father, and Twilight Sun, his mother. He was raised in an apartment in the outer part of the city. Life was comfortable, but Jaze was always interested in magic. When he was five, his parents enrolled him in princess Celestia's school for gifted unicorns. He attended school there through high school with his cousin, Twilight Sparkle. After completing high school there, he was invited to the Equestrian army officer academy, or simply known as the academy. It was too generous an offer to refuse. If he graduated the school, he was gaur teed the rank of sergeant, and twenty-five hundred bits per week. After his junior year had ended at the academy had ended at the academy, he had gone to Ponyville over the summer. There he met another unicorn named Rarity. He instantly fell in love with her. After two weeks in Ponyville, he asked her if she would go out with him. She said yes, and he stayed with her and her sister for the two weeks he was in Ponyville. When it was time for him to go, he asked Rarity and her sister, Sweetie Belle, if they wanted to live with him in Canterlot, and that he would buy Rarity a store with his generous officers pay. (he started receiving pay after his sophomore year.) She said yes and went to tell her friends. She said goodbye and they left on his chariot to go to his apartment in Canterlot. When she saw the apartment, Rarity almost had a heart attack. It was filthy. She immediately started to clean up, much to Jaze's amazement. She told him to keep his apartment clean from now on and he told her he would try.

Rarity had been living with Jaze for a month now. She loved him and he loved her. He taught Sweetie Belle some things about magic, and helped Rarity open a new fashion boutique in downtown Canterlot. One night, things got intimate between the two, and a few days later, Rarity found out she was pregnant. Jaze passed out after hearing the news. It was almost too much for him, but Sweetie Belle was ecstatic. She was happy she was going to be an aunt, and she wasn't even ten yet. Over the next three weeks, their love strengthened. The night before he went back to school, he got news that all classes except senior classes were being cancelled, and senior classes were to study combat tactics with the new arsenal. Equestria was going to war. Jaze was shocked at the news. One thousand years of peace, and now a war was going to start, dragging him into it. He was worried because there were only twelve seniors at the academy. What worried him more was that he wouldn't get to see Rarity. That night, he took Rarity out to dinner, and took her for a walk to the palace balcony, overlooking all of Equestria while the sun set. He then dropped to one knee and levitated a box out of his suit, revealing a silver engagement bracelet and asked, "Rarity, will you marry me?" she looked completely shocked and Jaze thought she would say no, but the she squealed and started shouting, "YES! Yes, I will marry you!" the two then shared a deep passionate kiss before walking back to their apartment.

The next day, he started school again. He sat down in the front of the classroom next to his best friend, Razor Blade. "Hey Razor, who do you think the new teacher is?" he asked him. "No fucking idea dude." he calmly replied. Then the door opened and we all shot up to attention. Then a navy blue Pegasus stallion with a darker blue mane walked into the room. "Everyone get in line and come get some combat gloves then stand in front of your desk." he commanded flatly. Jaze could tell he was not from around here because he said 'everyone' instead of 'everypony'. We all got a pair of gloves and stood in front of our desks, still at attention. "At ease." he said, "These are your new combat gloves. Put them on now." he ordered. We did as we were told. When he put them on he noticed he could control the appendages attached to the glove. "these gloves are magically designed to give you control of the fingers." he said to us. "Now follow me, we are going to weapons training." he said. Weapons training? He thought this was tactics training. We arrived at a brand new facility it had a row of concrete stalls and a building about a hundred yards out in front of it. "My name is commander Frost." he said, "I am the commander of the division you will be drafted into after the next three months of training. Do you understand!?" "Yes sir!" we all yelled back. "alright! I want you to stand on your hind legs and walk to that wall over there. Now!" he yelled. We all stood on our hind legs. We all knew how to stand on our hind legs at attention, but not how to walk on them. We eventually made it to the wall. "Alright I want you to sprint to the other wall and back on your hind legs. If you do not finish in under ten seconds, you will all run again! do you understand!?" "yes sir!" we all yelled again.

"Ready! Go!" he yelled. We all ran to the wall, but Razor tripped on the way back.
"Soldier, what's your name?" he asked.
"Razor Blade, sir." he said.
"come here Razor." the commander said.
We all expected for him to yell at Razor, but he whispered something to him and came back to the group.
"Ready! Go!" he yelled again. This time, razor beat all of us by about ten feet.
"What I told razor was you cannot keep you weight forward. You are only using two legs, so keep you balance centered." He said. He then turned around and picked up a long black object. "this is an M4 rifle. It will be your companion through battle. Repeat after me. This is my rifle, without me it is useless, without it I am useless." he said. We repeated this slogan and continued to learn its functions, how to clean it, and how to properly fire it. He then presented us all with an engraved officers pistol. It was a 1911 .45 caliber.

After three months, my training had ended and I got placed as a battalion commander in the second regiment. Razor was assigned as my executive officer (XO). I went home to Rarity and told her that I was going to a new base outside of Ponyville, looking over the entire Everfree forest. I only had two more days with her and I spent them at home. When I left, I told her we would have our wedding as soon as I could see her again...


Gatling Wind

Gatling Wind was born nineteen years ago in Cloudsdale. His parents were killed when he was three weeks old, and he was moved to an orphanage. He spent three years with two fillies named Oak Leaf and Dear Fawn. He was then adopted by two mares named Cloudy Sunrise and Misty Summer. They loved him very much. They sent him to junior flight school when he was five, one year earlier than usual. He arrived at flight school and, to the amazement of his teachers, was hooves down the best flier in the class. One day the class bully, Lightning Blitz, found out his parents were both mares. He started to tease Gatling about it. He took it too far for Gatling. Gatling punched his snout, breaking it, then broke his left wing with one hard chop. Blitz went down, crying like a little filly, and the class started cheering for Gatling. He was the best flier in his class Through the entire course of flight school. Before high school, he shocked his parents by saying he wasn't going to high school. Instead he trained for the royal guard. After three years of training, he was drafted into the army at the age of seventeen to fight the upcoming war. To his surprise, he was put in an experimental flight group. After five months of training and development the first helicopter force was activated. There were only six choppers in the unit, all of them Blackhawks, but they had the mobility of a Pegasus, and could carry ponies or equipment. He was a door gunner on the first chopper. The unit was deployed to Appleoosa, where his crew was shot down on the way back from their fist mission...