• Published 12th May 2012
  • 836 Views, 7 Comments

Living on the line - Frost338



The griffons invade Equestria, starting a great war.

  • ...
6
 7
 836

Days after

short chapter about the two days after the battle.

Jaze's POV

I awoke in the hospital, hearing the faint beat of the heart monitor as my senses returned. My shoulder was bandaged, but the wound was almost completely healed. A nurse walked in to the room and told me I would go back to my unit tomorrow. I said thank you and got up to go get breakfast. The hospital food was good but I was too depressed to care. My one friend in Equestria was killed in front of me and there was nothing I could have done about it! I slammed my hooves into the table, making a loud thud. This caused a few of the nurses to look at me, but they just continued doing their job. After breakfast, I went and took a shower. It was my first one in three days. I know that doesn't seem like a long time, but I'm not used to not taking one every day. After my shower, I got in bed and went to sleep. There was nothing else to do.


Frost's POV

I hung up the telephone and turned around to see a crowd of ponies. I walked through the crowd to see what all the commotion was about. It was Rainbow dash beating a stallion. "Rainbow Dash! What are you doing!?" I asked. "This guy killed three guards and was sticking bombs down the barrels of our artillery guns!" she yelled at me, still beating the guy. I pushed her off of him, "is this true?" I asked him. "Yes it is." he whimpered. "Get me two bricks please." I told Rainbow Dash. She ran off to get them while I dragged the stallion to the POW cage. Rainbow brought the bricks to me. I tied them to his feet then I lifted him up against the wall. I then stabbed him on the left side of his stomach wit my knife, sticking it in the wall. "Give me your knife." I said to Rainbow Dash as the crowed watched in horror at what I was doing. She handed me the knife and thrusted it into the right side of his stomach. Then, I let go of him. He slowly started to fall toward the ground screaming in pain as the knifes cut through his body as he was slowly falling. After about two minutes, his body fell to the floor in three separate pieces. "Let this be a warning to you all." I said as I walked to my room to take a nap.


Jaze's POV

The next day

I walked out of the hospital feeling great. I had a new kevlar vest and clean clothes. I went to my barracks to put my stuff back when I heard some of my men talking about an execution. "What execution?" I asked them. "The commander executed a traitor by cutting him into three parts." one of them told me. "Oh." I said.

I went up to the wall to look over the battlefield from two days ago. It was a horrifying sight. There were severed limbs, dead ponies and griffons scattered over the field, blood covered the grass and it stank of rotting flesh. I never thought this is what war would be like, I thought to myself. I went outside the gate, where some of the ponies were collecting intel, to Razor's body. I look over it and start crying. I take a pin off his vest and a letter out of his pocket for his wife and daughter. I went back inside the base and put the pin on my vest so I will remember him. The pin was a lifesaving pin he got in high school for saving me from a cockatrice. I start crying again at the memory. Then I wrote a quick letter to Razor's wife telling her what happened that night and attached his letter to it then I went to the post office and sent it to Ponyville, where they live. I then went to the barracks and went to my bed to calm down and sleep.