• Published 15th May 2012
  • 659 Views, 9 Comments

A Cure for Writers Block - The Drifting Bard



Another series of oneshots of infinite status and randomness

  • ...
 9
 659

The Roadie

contains an OC
inspired by Tenacious D

un-named sequel to The More Days Go By


The thunderous crash of shattered glass resounded in the green room.
i took a bottle in my hooves and drank. removing the bottle from my mouth, I continued to listen as the horrible noise carried on. the vocalist was screaming into the microphone, the guitarist was permanently stuck in drop D... and the drummer? thicker than shit. the bassist was probably the only one with talent. fucking amateurs i thought to myself.
how these kids got big, i will never know. music was a lot better back in the day.
I sighed, taking a swig from the bottle.

I remember working with the human and his band of misfits, such a laugh.
hell, i was part of the band itself. in the end, they went their separate ways, but i continued on, trying to get a good job in the biz.

never worked out.
last i heard, Vinyl and Cello were married and had a few kids.
The human and Luna were happily enjoying each others company.

oh yeah... and my brother, the other guitarist, died last week of an overdose.
dumb bastard.

I slumped down onto the sofa, bottle in one hoof, paper in the other.
i grabbed a pen, and began to write a letter to the human. I wanted the band back.

I needed the band back.
even if i stay as a roadie.

which is what i was in the beginning.