• Published 15th May 2012
  • 659 Views, 9 Comments

A Cure for Writers Block - The Drifting Bard



Another series of oneshots of infinite status and randomness

  • ...
 9
 659

Life Happens

again back to writing on the PS3


this is why we can't have nice things


...."no,....no..... no" A young Stallion was sitting at a desk, taking an account of the things floating in his head.
As he did this, the steaming cup of coffee beside him toppled over. "Oh buck....not again" He sighed, defeated by a simple spillage. "well... there goes the work...again" he got up and trotted back onto the kitchen, flinging the mug ever so lightly into the sink.

you could say that this pony wasn't very bright, but then again, you'd be wrong. as he glanced into the mirror for the umpteenth time, he , again, sighed. "why the hell am I still at home anyway..." he slumped down into a usual thought.
"ehhhh screw it.... TO THE BAR!"

He darted out the front door, galloping back to lock it. Grinning sheepishly, he found himself at the front of the bar.
"well here goes nothing"as he pushed the doors open, he slipped inside being careful not to be seen until he reached the destination. the sounds of ponies laughing and basically having fun were heard. he mentally berated himself for not being happy-go-lucky like the opther residents of Ponyville. in the end, he gave up and left. His anxeity problems made themselves known again.

in the end, he found a small spot to sit down and watch the stars and much of the universe go by, peacefully existing without a care. for a brief moment he could see streaks of green and purple hearing the faintest cries of "giga drill breaker". Shrugging it off, he got up to go home. defeated once again by his own insecurities.

"why am i such a fuck up?"

as if on cue in some bizarre, un-identifyable way, It began to rain.

he went back to the bar, it began to look more... empty.
"sorry son, we're closing up for the night... or morning" the barkeep looked at the stallion apologetically.

He'd seen the stallion before.



"I know, Dad"