• Published 31st Mar 2015
  • 2,621 Views, 27 Comments

Defender of Equestria - twilightsparkle3562



Shining Armor faces off against a Changeling General who kidnaps Cadence and Twilight in an effort to avenge Queen Chrysalis's defeat.

  • ...
4
 27
 2,621

In the Changeling's Den

Chapter 4

“In the Changeling’s Den”

The last thing that Cadence and Twilight remembered before being knocked out in their capture was screaming for help from Shining Armor or anypony who could hear them. Now, as their eyes opened, they could tell that they were in deep trouble. For upon realizing where they were, both princesses found themselves upside down inside green cocoons which meant that it was changelings who had captured them.

“Cadence,” cried Twilight, who found it impossible to move given the space of the cocoon. “Can you move?”

“Barely,” groaned Cadence, who also tried to move. “I can’t believe this is happening to me again, Twilight.”

“I know,” remarked Twilight. “I thought the Changelings were blasted out of Equestria.”

Just then, a loud set of footsteps were heard and the two princesses were greeted by a large, pony like creature that was black and had wings similar to Chrysalis and holes in its legs. The creature smiled evilly at his royal captives and flanked by two other Changelings, he flew up to them and got into their faces.

“We couldn’t help but overhear what you were saying,” said the creature, talking in a deep voice, rubbing his hoof against Cadence’s cocoon. “Its pretty obvious that we were not blasted out of Equestria, rather we were sent far away from Canterlot, Princess Cadence. Had it not been for your interference, we would have succeeded in accomplishing our goals.”

The creature then flew away from Cadence and turned his attention towards Twilight, who could only give the changeling a scowl. This only amused the changeling, who laughed at the princess of friendship.

“What do you want with us, you monster?” growled Twilight, who was more angry than scared. “If this is about a revenge scheme…”

“You will be silent, Princess!” growled the creature, snarling at her. “As long as you are here, you will be the perfect pawns for my plan of revenge!”

“I should have known,” said Twilight, quietly. “But, who are you? Are you in league with Chrysalis?”

The creature landed on the ground and talked in a voice so deep that it would make King Sombra jealous.

“I happen to be in league with Chrysalis,” replied the creature. “I am General Kuwaga, Chrysalis’ second in command. I am the one who carries out the orders of my Queen and will be the one to lead the response against you for our defeat.”

“Well, you won’t get away with this,” cried Cadence, trying to move. “When Shining Armor gets his hooves on you, he’ll make you wish that you were blasted along with your queen.”

“Is that so, Cadence?” laughed Kuwaga. “For a delicate creature like yourself, you are so bold when it comes to adversity, namely me. In fact, as I said, you are both nothing more than pawns that I will use to lure Prince Armor here to this abandoned Crystal mine.”

Kuwaga then turned around and for a moment, he flew around the room in a pacing motion as the memories of his races’ defeat at Cadence and Shining Armor’s wedding.

“You see,” he explained, still pacing around the room. “After you and your husband defeated us, my queen and many of my fellow changelings were gravely injured as a result of their vicious exile from Canterlot. My queen was lucky to have survived her fall from Canterlot, although many of my fellow changelings did not. We need to survive and Equestria has more love than any place than we have ever encountered.”

But rather than being sympathetic, Twilight and Cadence merely just stayed silent as Kuwaga continued his monologue, denouncing them and all of Equestria.
“By defeating us,” continued Kuwaga, now sounding very bitter. “You denied the one chance that we needed in order to survive. Well, after I am done, then we will get that chance that we were denied long ago.”

“How do you expect to do that?” asked Twilight, huffingly.

“Simple,” replied Kuwaga, snickering evilly. “I am going to lure the Prince of the Crystal Empire and with you as my witnesses; I am going to destroy him and ensuring my races’ survival without any interference.”

This made Cadence develop tears in her eyes as she realized that her husband was going to be in danger. She wanted to escape from the cocoon and take on this demon creature herself, a creature who was part of that hoard that nearly destroyed her wedding, the most important day in her life.

“Oh, you’ll be crying plenty of tears when I finish my task, Princess,” said Kuwaga, mockingly. “As of right now, I have sent your husband a message to come here alone where I and my race will destroy him before your very eyes.”

Both Twilight and Cadence could only look at each other with a look of worry in their eyes as the thought of being used to lure Shining Armor to his possible doom sent chills down their spines or in this case, up their spines.

Meanwhile, Shining Armor and Lock Down were reading the ransom note that Kuwaga and his minions had sent to him.

“Shining Armor,

I am holding your darling wife and little sister in an abandoned mine not far from your empire. If you want to see them alive, you will come alone and if anypony tries to alert Celestia and Luna or the other elements of harmony, I will kill my captives. Remember, alone at the Crystal mines, where I avenge my queen by killing you!

General Kuwaga”

Shining Armor crossly took the paper and using his magic, ripped the letter up and tossed it on the ground, smearing it with his hoof. As everpony knew, harming his wife or his family was a fatal mistake and he knew that Kuwaga had gone way over the line.

“The changelings have gone too far this time!” he cried. “If he wanted to face me, then he should have done it in private where I would destroy him myself!”

“Getting angry isn’t going to do anything,” said Lock Down, as his dog joined at his master’s side. “If there was ever a time to redeem yourself, it is now.”

Shining Armor considered the matter and at that moment, some of the Crystal guards trotted into the throne room, bringing Shining Armor his purple armor and helmet. However although the note stated that only Shining Armor was requested, Lock Down knew that he had to come along as well, not just for Shining Armor’s sake, but his own.

“I’m going with you,” said Lock Down, his horn glowing. “I’ve been tracking the Changelings and I know how to take them down. Let me help you.”

“The note said only I should go,” replied Shining Armor. “You need to stay here.”

“Don’t be stupid, my student,” protested Lock Down. “You are not going to be doing this alone as long as I am here. This is a time not only for you to redeem yourself, but its also a time for me to redeem myself. Understand?”

Feeling like time was of the essence, Shining Armor allowed Lock Down and several of the guardsponies to accompany him on his quest.

General Kuwaga may have been thinking that he was getting what he wanted, but he was in for a surprise…