• Published 31st Mar 2015
  • 2,621 Views, 27 Comments

Defender of Equestria - twilightsparkle3562



Shining Armor faces off against a Changeling General who kidnaps Cadence and Twilight in an effort to avenge Queen Chrysalis's defeat.

  • ...
4
 27
 2,621

Prince vs. General

Author's Note:

Did some minor updating at Jarkes' request on 4/6/2015.

Chapter 5

“Prince vs. General”

Shining Armor and Lock Down both knew that time was of the essence and with each passing minute, the more Twilight and Cadence remained with the changelings. Despite the fact that General Kuwaga had only requested that only Shining Armor came alone, Lock Down was deeply insistent on coming along knowing that by rescuing Celestia and Luna’s niece, he would finally get the respect that he deserved.

Upon arriving at the entrance to the cave, the two unicorns were greeted by a hoard of changelings, each growling menacingly and grinning in their faces.

“Kuwaga!” shouted Shining Armor, his horn glowing. “I am here! Where is my wife and sister? Where are you hiding them?”

Just then, Shining Armor saw what appeared to be a very familiar sight as the creature laughed evilly. This caused his mouth to drop open upon what he was seeing.

“Chrysalis! “ gasped Shining Armor. “How did you…?”

But, the creature shape shifted and turned into General Kuwaga, his eyes growing menacingly at the Prince of the Crystal Empire and his teacher. This only caused Shining Armor to grow even more determined to save his wife and sister.

“A reminder of what you did to our queen,” said Kuwaga, flying into the air. “Who is going to be avenged when I am done with you. Changelings, get them!”

So the hordes of changelings charged towards Lock Down and Shining Armor and the two of them jumped into battle, flashing their horns at each changeling that came their way. Shining Armor wanted Kuwaga and he was not going to let each changeling at Kuwaga’s disposal stand in his way. With each changeling that came in front of Shining Armor, that changeling was sent flying or was destroyed.

“Come out and fight, you coward!” shouted Shining Armor, only to be greeted by the sight of the unicorn that ruled the empire before him, King Sombra. “Don’t try to hide behind your disguises!”

“Shining Armor, help!” called a voice and Shining looked over to see Cadence and Twilight, trying to break free of their cocoon prison. “Get us out of here!”

So, Shining Armor ran towards the two captive princesses only to be stopped by the disguised Kuwaga, who smiled in a sarcastic manner.
“Let them go!” cried Shining Armor, as Kuwaga revealed his true self once again.

“Why would I do something like that?” laughed Kuwaga, pointing his horn at Shining Armor’s throat. “Do you think I would just hand them over to you that easily?”

He then pulled his horn away from Shining Armor’s throat and continued to smile evilly as he tried to continue holding his wife and sister hostage.

“I wouldn’t think so,” he said icily, his smile turning to a look of anger. “You are going to pay for what you did to my queen! We had a chance to have all the love in Equestria and you took it all away from us, you and your darling wife!”

Knowing that he was about to battle Chrysalis’ top general, Shining Armor continued to glow his horn stronger than ever. Suddenly, Kuwaga charged at Shining Armor, roaring like a wild animal that had just killed its prey. This only allowed Shining Armor to fire a blast of magic at the vengeful Changeling which sent him back against a wall. Only for a second did it seem that Kuwaga had been defeated, but he wasn’t down for long as he fired a blast of magic at Shining Armor causing him to scream in pain, much to Cadence and Twilight’s horror.

“You should have stayed away from us!” groaned Shining Armor, struggling to his feet and trying to shake off the blast that he had sustained. He fired another blast of his magic and struck the Changeling mountain in the left wing, limiting his ability to fly. Although he was injured, Kuwaga would not go down that easily.

And he proved it by firing another blast of magic at the prince, this time hitting him in the back of the neck. In an effort to keeping him down, the Changeling general fired several more blasts, but Shining Armor was determined to keep fighting.

“Come on, Shining Armor, get back up!” cheered Cadence, only to be silenced when Kuwaga fired a blast of magic at the cocoon to silence her.

“Yes, get back up,” remarked Kuwaga, laughing at the injured prince, struggling to get back up. “Get back up and fight your failures! When I am done with you, you will fail like all those other times!”

This caused Shining Armor to feel like a failure as he tried to get to his feet. For a moment, he thought of surrendering to the changelings and for a moment, Kuwaga felt like he was going to finally achieve his goal of avenging Chrysalis.

“I thought so!” said Kuwaga, smiling evilly. “Oh, don’t worry. I’ll take care of your wife and sister after I hang your corpse for all to see!”

He was just about to administer the last blow of justice on Shining Armor when he suddenly was hit by a blast of gray magic and sent against the wall of the room. The blast was revealed to have come from Lock Down and his army of dogs who had defeated all of the changelings.

“Are you in need of assistance?” replied Lock Down, walking over to Shining Armor, helping him get to his feet.

As Shining Armor struggled to his feet, he turned to his loved ones and fired several blasts of magic to free Cadence and Twilight from their prisons. Then, before he turned his attention to Kuwaga, he saw the Changeling General disappear before his eyes.

“Lock Down,” ordered Shining Armor, knowing that this was now personal between him and Kuwaga. “Get Cadence and Twilight to safety. I’m going to find and squash that bug.”

“Shining Armor!” cried Cadence, running over to her husband. “Please be careful, my love.”

The two lovers hugged tightly and after a brief moment, they broke apart and Cadence watched along with her sister-in-law and her brother mentor as Shining Armor ran out of the room and up into the mountains.

Now, the mountains over the Artic north were extremely dangerous and anyone who journeyed into them were very much likely to get lost. Shining Armor knew this and he had to be careful. With his horn glowing, he went higher and higher as he searched for Kuwaga.

“He’s got to be around here somewhere,” thought Shining Armor as he stepped onto a frozen lake. “When I find him, I will make him pay for kidnapping the love of my life twice.”

Shining Armor continued to walk around the frozen lake for a few more moments when all of a sudden, he heard a loud cry and saw what appeared to be King Sombra jumping down towards him.

Before the Prince of the Crystal Empire could react, he was crushed by Sombra and Shining Armor knew that this was Kuwaga. For a brief moment, they struggled with Sombra’s mighty strength pushing Shining Armor towards breaking the ice. Just when it seemed it was over, Shining Armor managed to find a weak point and push Sombra away while firing several more blasts of magic at Kuwaga.

“You are brave, Prince Armor,” growled Kuwaga in Sombra’s voice as he struggled to his feet. “It’s too bad that somepony like you with that much bravery have never been able to defeat those who harmed those closest to him.”

This caused Shining Armor to momentarily look down and try to hide away his emotions. Kuwaga saw this as an opportunity to assumed Tirek’s form as he used Tirek’s mighty hooves to step onto the ice and cause it to crack.

“Yes, Shining Armor,” said Kuwaga, now talking in Tirek’s voice. “Feel the brash of failure once again. You don’t deserve to be a prince, you’re nothing more than a piece of dirt. No, I’m wrong, you’re lower than dirt. You’re an Equine!”

At that moment, Shining Armor felt like surrendering to his enemy. The more words that Kuwaga spoke, the more lower Shining Armor felt.
“So, why don’t you surrender to me now and I’ll let you and your loved ones leave here alive?” snickered Kuwaga, turning back into his normal self. “Bow to me as your new leader and accept your fate.”

Shining Armor slowly rose to his feet and just when it seemed like he was going to surrender, he saw Lock Down and his dogs run to the scene. This gave Shining Armor an idea, but he had to play along with what Kuwaga wanted.

“Yes, I’ll surrender you,” replied Shining Armor, with the horn of Kuwaga still at his throat. “I’ll turn over my entire empire to you.”

“That’s what I wanted to hear,” laughed Kuwaga and at that moment, he looked up at the sky as he felt a strong cold wind blow at his face.

“Do you hear that, Chrysalis?” he screamed at the top of his lungs. “That is the sound of me finally avenging your defeat!”

But, Kuwaga didn’t realize that Lock Down was aiming his horn at Kuwaga’s back and while Kuwaga was caught up in the glory, Lock Down fired a blast of magic at Kuwaga’s back, causing him to roar in pain. This gave Shining Armor the opportunity he was hoping for and punched Kuwaga in the face with his hoof, sending him down onto the ice.

For a few moments, Shining Armor continued to punch and kick Kuwaga until he was nothing more than a bloody pulp. It seemed with each punch and kick, Shining Armor was releasing all of the emotions that he held inside of him. When he saw that Kuwaga had been subdued greatly, Shining Armor allowed Lock Down to step forward towards Kuwaga.

“You’re mine now,” said Lock Down as he and his dogs stepped onto the ice and surrounded Kuwaga.

“Lock Down,” groaned Kuwaga, trying to get back to his feet, but because of the beating he took, it was impossible to do so.

“Kuwaga, evil creatures like yourselves,” said Lock Down. “Like little foals, always fighting and making a mess out of Equestria, then I’ve got to clean it up. There’s only one way that you survive. Surrender and declare your loyalty to the four princesses of Equestria.”

Kuwaga knew that this was the end, but he would not pledge allegiance to the ponies that was his enemy.

“Never,” he groaned, trying to move, only to have one of Lock Down’s dogs bite its jaws on to his left wing.

“Never is here,” snarled Lock Down and was just about to order his dogs to finish off Kuwaga when Cadence interjected.

“No!” cried the Princess of Love running up to the lake along with Twilight, wanting to spare Kuwaga’s life, despite all he had done to Twilight and her. “He deserves to live, Lock Down. It’s best if they stay in the dungeons beneath the castle. You’ve both done enough to rescue us.”

So, they all left and with Kuwaga and his changelings captured they returned to the Crystal Empire with Shining Armor and Lock Down finally being able to redeem themselves of their past mistakes.