• Published 10th Nov 2011
  • 1,256 Views, 8 Comments

Legend of Rarity: Ocarina of Time - Striker Fang



Follow the adventures of a young Dragon on a quest to save Equestria from a dark threat.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,256

Prolouge: The beginning of Spike's journey

It was a dark and stormy night, which suprisingly didn't bother Spike. He was fast asleep, but was having the strangest dream.

---

Princess Rarity along with her caretaker, Orto, were fleeing Canterlot. They wizzed past Spike before he could even ask what was wrong. Spike turned around to come face to face with an evil looking creature who began demanding to know where Princess Rarity went, as she held the key to the power he so desperately desired. In defiance, Spike drew his weapon to face down the unknown foe. His opponent just took one look and threw his head back in maniacal laughter. "You dare to challenge ME child?" The evil looking creature than launched a powerful blast of magic at the young dragon, saying "Best learn your place. I shall let you live for now, so be grateful." The creature ran off, leaving Spike collapsed on the ground.

---

Spike awoke with a start, panting for breath. "What a horrible nightmare!", he exclaimed. "You're telling me!" said a voice. Spike looked around for the source of the voice, his eyes resting on a ghostly lavender unicorn. "Who are you?", Spike asked the apparition. "My name is Twilight Sparkle", replied the ghostly image. "What do you want with me?", asked the quizzical dragon. "I have been sent by the Great Deku Tree, who wishes to speak with you by the way, to be your new fairy companion!", the unicorn exclaimed. "Aren't fairies supposed to be, I dunno, smaller?" inquired Spike. "Normally yes, but that form is for practicality. This is my true form.", replied the unicorn. Spike, never having a fairy until know, was shocked at this new knowledge, but quickly accepted it. "Anyways, we should probably go see the Great Deku Tree.", said Twilight, whilst changing into the well known form of a fairy. "Alright lets go then!" said Spike, as he and his new fairy companion headed out in to the village of Everfree. Twilight couldn't help but wonder to herself, Does the fate of Equestria really lie on the shoulders of this young dragon?