• Published 11th May 2012
  • 2,831 Views, 87 Comments

Equestria's First... Russian? - I Brained My Damage



Who ever said somebody had to be the only human in Equestria?

  • ...
7
 87
 2,831

Chapter 2 - First Meetings

Equestria’s First… Russian?

Chapter Two

First Meetings

Solovyov regained minimal consciousness, and didn’t have the willpower to make any movement. His vision was nearly gone, leaving him next to blind, his muscles didn’t respond, and he was filled to the brim with worry.

“I can…hardly see…” Solovyov mumbled to himself.

”I can feel soil making contact with my skin…I must be here…” He thought to himself. He tried to moving, but soon passed out cold from the extreme soreness in his muscles and restless nerves. ”Is that…my blood?” Solovyov had apparently arrived in at his destination directly above a tree, and fell nearly sixty feet to the earth below. He passed out from the sight of his own blood slowly dripping from his temples.

Solovyov awoke about four hours later from the bright rays of the sunset meeting his eyes. He once again made the attempt to move, and was successful: he still had soreness in his muscle, but not as much as before, and his nerves had calmed. He made his was to his feet, and peered trying to see what surroundings were about him.

“Okay… I see…many trees, some shrubs… and not much else…” Solovyov said to himself as he peered through his squinted eyelids. “If this is the alternate Earth, I must be far from civilization. Hopefully I am still in Russia…”

He heard a voice nearby. As a matter of fact, he heard a large group of voices nearby; and quickly approaching, too. He did the only sensible thing he could: grab his laptop bag from next to him and climb the nearest tree to hide himself from view.

* * * * *

“Come on, guys!” A female voice said. “We’ve been searching for nearly a week! If we don’t find the father, then nopony will!”

”Wait, for who are they looking? Is that… No. It can’t be… I’m in Equestria?!” Solovyov barely managed to keep a lid on his excitement. The female voice had belonged to a lavender unicorn named Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight had been attempting to raise the hopes of her search squad, due to theirs’ being nearly gone by now of finding the father of the family. The squad was comprised of Twilight as the leader, along with Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash.

Recently, a family of three: a mother, a father, and a child, had gone on a picnic through a wooded forest area nearby. And yes, it was the Everfree. They were new to Ponyville, and didn’t know that the Everfree was a very dangerous place to travel. A friend of the family had noticed that they hadn’t returned for three days, and started to worry for them. After countless days of searching, the mother and child had been found, but not the father.

“Girls, he’s got to be around here somewhere. This is the only area we haven’t searched yet!” Twilight explained.

*snap*

“Everypony stop… did you hear that?”

“Hear what?” asked Applejack

“That snapping; it sounded like somepony walking. Hello? Is somepony out there?”

Solovyov sat motionless in the tree as he processed what he was hearing.

”Shit, they speak English here? Now I’m finished… Maybe coming here wasn't as good an idea as I had though. I must speak. This may be my only opportunity to come into contact with them…”


“Uh… Allo (Hello)?” Solovyov quietly and timidly asked.

“Mr. Snapple? Is that you?” Twilight asked quizzically, searching from where the voice came.

“Govorite li vy russkii yazyk? (Do you speak Russian?)” Solovyov asked.

“It sure does sound like him,” Twilight said to her group. “If that is you Mr. Snapple, you must have hit your head pretty hard to speak like that.”

Solovyov could feel his heartbeat picking up its pace and his head start to bead with sweat.

”This is not good…” Solovyov thought to himself. ”How am I going to even present myself? They’ve most likely never seen the likes of me before; how can I be sure they won’t see me as a hideous monster?”

He thought for a moment while watching the four ponies look for him. He saw Rainbow Dash squinting very hard at his position, making him even more of a nervous wreck than before.

“Twilight, what’s that?” Rainbow asked.

“What’s what?” she responded.

“That!” Rainbow said while pointing a hoof directly at Solovyov.

”Oh no…”

Twilight stared long and hard to what Rainbow was pointing. She thought she saw a very dark silhouette sitting among the braches, but soon shook off the idea.

“Rainbow,” Twilight started, “I don’t see anything. Are you sure skipping your annual eye exam was a good idea?”

“Best day off in my life…”

Solovyov breathed a silent sigh of relief. ”That… was too close. I don’t think I’m quite ready to confront them yet…” Solovyov thought to himself.

Twilight let out a sigh if disappointment. “Mr. Snapple, if that is you please come out. We can help you. If it’s one of the few species in this forest that naturally babble incoherent noises in this forest that cannot comprehend a single word I speak, then never mind.”

Nopony responded.

“Well, he apparently he isn’t here,” Twilight said. “Since this is the only remaining area of the forest nopony has checked, we’ll come back here for one more day. If we can’t find him,” Twilight paused for dramatic effect. “We’ll have to presume he’s dead. Nearly every square inch of this forest has been searched. Come on girls, we’ll come back tomorrow.”


As soon as the group was out of earshot, Solovyov slowly climbed his way out of the tree in which he hid.

“Damn it, why can I never get over my shyness? Now I’m stuck here in this god-forsaken forest with no food, water, shelter and whatever creatures this world may house! GAH!” Solovyov yelled to nothing in particular. “Wait… They said they would return to this location tomorrow, correct? Maybe if I acted like I was severely hurt… That would certainly grasp their attention without me having to approach them directly.”

Solovyov thought about how he was going to pull off this act of his but he was cut short from hearing a noise similar to a jet engine flying.

“What the hell is that…?” Solovyov asked himself.

***

“AH-HA! I KNEW IT! I KNEW I SAW SOMETHING IN THAT TREE!” the hyper-active pink pony shouted, appearing out of nowhere.

“Shto shert voz’mi?! (What the hell?!)” Solovyov shouted. Because Rainbow had sacred him out of his mental stupor, he staggered backwards and tripped on a protruding root, causing him to smash his skull on the trunk of a nearby tree.

Solovyov was barely conscious, but he could feel his body slowly being dragged away; blood leaving a trail from his a wound on his head.