• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 1,416 Views, 39 Comments

Supernatural Ponies 1: Welcome to Equestria: Here's a Case - SwiftStroke



What do you get when the Winchesters, Castiel and Bobby get trapped in Equestria? Time to find out!

  • ...
4
 39
 1,416

The Tragedy of Silent Stars

Author's Note:

IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ ALL OF AUTHOR'S NOTE!

This chapter takes place during "Hellhounds, Vampires, and Ghosts! Oh My!"

At this rate, I can begin copypasting the author's notes, then change 'em a little. I also don't want you to expect much from this chapter. It's probably the weakest of the story. Just, bear with me. All of my chapters are improv writing. This is something I will change for Supernatural Ponies 2.
Okay, this chapter was shit.My improv writing is getting sloppier and sloppier until I'm left with nothing. This chapter was hard to write because I went in without a plan, and as a result, this chapter arrived later than I wanted it to. I have a feeling Supernatural Ponies 2 will be a lot better. I'll make plans, and ideas, and form the story's aspects, interactions, and other basic concepts and collect improv from that before I write, and release it. I have plans for the next chapter so It should be released, at maximum, a week from today.

Bobby and Rarity had just retreated into the bedroom in response to a scream. Pinkie, Castiel, and Fluttershy were surrounded by a circle of salt. A hellhound furiously dashing up the stairs, and a ghost flashing towards them. It was small and pale, with lavender mane, silver fur, and maroon eyes. She was attempting to bypass the salt circle. Fluttershy was cowering on the ground.

"Hey Midnight!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Yes?" He responded.

"You seem familiar with the ghost! Haaaaaass this gruff, ghastly ghoul been showin' up a lot?"

"Umm, well. . ." Midnight began. He was interrupted by the soft tone of a little filly

"Midnight . . ."

"Umm. . . ."

"Midnight . . ."

"How does she know your name?" Castiel asked. "For that matter, how is she speaking? Spirits must be different here."

"Well, that doesn't matter, just . . . how do we stop it?" Midnight stuttered.

"The only way to kill a ghost is to bury it's bones."

"What?!"

"I said-"

"I know what you said! The thing is, it's impossible to bury this things bones!"

"Why?"

"Umm, I . . . don't know where they are!" Castiel raised an eyebrow at this.

"No! Really!"

"Midnight! Tell the truth!"

"I am!"

"Even I can tell he's hiding something!" Pinkie butted in. "And that's saying a lot!"

"Ditto." Fluttershy said. The ghost began attempting to move Midnight's furnature. It was struggling but the chair was moving. Inch by inch.

"Does this really have to be explained now?!" Midnight asked.

"Of course silly! How ELSE are we going to find some interesting info on this ghoul?" Said Pinkie.

"Either you empty the contents of your mind, or I find out and do it for you!" Castiel threatened.

*Heavy sigh* "Fine."


"It all started in my early days as an astronomer." Midnight began. "I wasn't famous, talented, or anything like that. Just a pony with nothing to offer in the world. It was one day that it all changed. A little filly stumbled into my shop. She wandered about the store, amazed at my work. Just the day before, I had put my old telescope up for sale. The filly stared at it, eyes twinkling at the sight. The filly grabbed the telescope and asked if she could buy it. I told her to go ahead, and she set ten bits on the counter. The telescope was only four bits, so I told her I only needed that much. She told me to keep them for when she comes back to buy a constellation map. I chuckled a bit at this amazing little filly who seemed to appreciate astrology as much as I did. It warmed my heart. Just then, I realized something. Something that wasn't there before. It was the filly's cutie mark. I said to her ' Listen closely now, I have something to show you.'. The filly asked what it was. I pointed to her flank. She was immediately overcome with joy. The filly was happy, and that made me happy. She went 'home'. Later that night, I went out to the pub with my friends Neon Lights, and Coco Pommel who had just moved in from Manehatten. We all got drunk as hell. We were so wasted, that Neon began projectile vomiting. We had a blast. I took the two home(I used to be a taxi driver for extra pay)after that. Barely having made it to those two's houses, I set off to my old apartment. It didn't go smoothely. On the way there, I fell, and the carriage flipped over. It launched off my back into a thick alleyway. I stumbled over and lifted it with my magic when I realized something. The carriage landed on somepony. I sat there, horrified at the mangled, unidentifiable corpse. There was nothing. No bone, no skull. No organs. Just a large, blood splatter. I was about to just clean up the carriage and leave when I saw something. My old telescope. Tears began streaming down my face. I decided to clean the carriage. After that was done, I left for home with the telescope. I felt that I should bring something to remember the sweet, homeless filly who had earned her cutie mark in my shop that day."


Fluttershy had fainted at the vague description of the filly's death.

"Midnight." Castiel got his attention.

"What?" Midnight responded softly.

"Where is the telescope?"

"It's in the office room."

"I'm going to need to burn it. That is the last remenance of this filly. If the telescope burns, she does too." Castiel's eyes lit up.

"Wait!" Pinkie yelled. "You need to hold on!"

"What is it Pinkie? We don't have much time!"

"Let me take care of it!"

"But-"

"Come on Castiel! I know EXACTLY what to do!"

"Alright. Go on Pinkie." Pinkie then directed her attention to the spirit of the filly.

"Hi little filly! What's your name?" Pinkie asked. The spirit only gave her a menacing stare. "Okay . . . what are you doing here?"

Revenge

"Okay. Alright-y then. Why?"

Was . . . . . . . . . killlled . . . . . . byyy. The filly pointed at Midnight.

"Mhm mhm. Why should that bother you?" The filly glared harder.

He's . . . . . . done . . . . . . wrong.

"But what about the good stuff he did? What about the time you went into his store? Do you remember that?" She nodded. "Great! Do you remember what happened there? Do you remember how you got your cutie mark there?" She nodded. "Great!"

It . . . . . doesn't . . . . . . . . matter!

"What?" The spirit became even angrier, and moved the chair straight across the room. This broke the salt barrier and the filly began to strangle Midnight Sky.

"Pinkie! It's a vengeful spirit! We can't put it's soul to rest, ecause it has a restless soul! It's too far gone. No matter what you say, or what it remembers, nothing will stop it from killing. Except for burning the telescope."

"Can't we try anything else?!"

"NO!!" Castiel shouted. "I have to do it!" His eyes then began to glow, and his horn began to pulse. The combination of an ignition spell and an Angel's power made the telescope go up in flames. Fire engulfed the filly too as she tried to escape. Inch by inch the flames took over her, and eventually, she was gone.

[hr

Pinkie's hair deflated until only a little bit of fluff was there.

"Is it over?! IS IT OVER?!!" Midnight asked frantically.

"Yes." Castiel responded.

"Castiel?" Pinkie said.

"Yes Pinkie?"

"I-i-is she okay?"

"No." Castiel responded. "She's gone. The very last trace of her was the vengeful spirit you saw. Now, she is lost. No part of her exists anymore. There is no remenance of her anywhere. "

"So, it's like she never even existed?"

"Only in memory." Pinkie sank down to the floor. She can make the crabbiest of ponies smile. Not this time though. She couldn't save the filly. She couldn't even make her smile. These were all thoughts that went through Pinkie's head.

"Pinkie. I know what you're thinking. You couldn't have saved her, she was long gone. Hunters don't like it any more than you do, and I can say that I'm no fan of this. But if you're going to be a hunter. This is what you have to do.