• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 444 Views, 10 Comments

A Home for fallen stars - K_moonshard



Luna watches over the dreams of all the ponys of equestria yet No pony asked, Where do all the fears, pain and night mares go?

  • ...
 10
 444

unpure {Rewight}

"Ha hahaha" Spike was laughing so hard he almost fell out of his seat on the train.

"So you’re not mad at me daddy?" Gem looked up at her father as an angle. Then at Twilight “You’re not mad are you Grandma Twilight?”

“Spike it’s not that funny." Twilight was held her hoof to her face." And no Gem sweetie I'm not mad at you."

"Oh come on Twilight. Flash got locked in a pantry by a 9 year old. I find that funny."

After leaving the princesses, it occurred to every pony that Flash was supposed to keep an eye on Gem. She admitted to tricking Flash into a pantry closet because she was "afraid of the dark". Flash was not too upset with her thou. After explaining everything. They stayed the night and left for Appaloosa first thing in the morning in search for some pony named Moonshard. It would take an entire day’s ride to make it there.


Mare's and gentle colts we will reach out destination of Appaloosa in 10 hours.


"Ahh....It has been some time since we visited Appaloosa, hu spike?"

"Yeah the last time we were there was before you were born gem, I wonder how Braeburn is doing."

"Daddy who is Braeburn?"

Spike was about to answer her question. Before he could he was interrupted by a loud scream. "Ponies of car 9, we have a message for you there is something you need to know about your destination." The unicorn that spoke for the group of 8 looked a little off. His grey mane looked as if it had not been washed in some time. His companions did not look much better all of them looked dressed for the desert climate, but they looked as though they had not seen a bath in months.

"My name is Purebred and we are here to inform and locate the abominations that have been traveling to Appaloosa.

("Abominations?") Twilight thought to herself.

"These abominations are the unholy hybrids that have been poisoning by other species other tarnishing the pony blood line. My associates and I seek to purify the unclean.
The other 7 ponies with Purebred started checking the passengers. The first was a group of 6 scared ponies they did not put up a fuss.

Twilight could not simply sit and watch as this happened. Not only because her own Granddaughter was a hybrid, but Equestria was a safe haven to all species not only ponies. Maybe if she revealed herself to be a princess she could avoid a fight that would put the passengers in harm’s way. So she would have to be patient, the leader seems to be the only unicorn of the group. He would pose the most threat.
Looking around Twilight could see 6 other unicorns in this car alone. Assuming they would be able to help and there was no others with them in the other cars she may need their help. To avoid collateral damage.
5 rows in it seemed they had not found anyone they were looking for but they were drawing ever closer to Twilight, Spike and gem. “We thank you for cooperating with us. You’re doing the right thing. Together we will purify Equestria. “They made it to a young stallion who was traveling with a foul no older than 4.

"This is not right!" the stallion stood and yelled. “Equestria is home to all kinds of love.”

Purebred who had been simply been watching over the search up to this point trotted over to the young stallion. “Do you think we are the enemy?" 3 other stallions came to Purebreds side. "We are trying to preserve the future of our species." Purebred looked past the stallion on to the young mare. "Restrain him" 2 of the stallions grabbed the now immobilize stallion. "Young lady what is your name?"

"TAKE IT OFF I SAID!" one of the other stallions with the group was having trouble with a passenger under a cloak. "I SAID TAKE OFF THE HOOD." the passenger did not comply. The stallion lunged at the passenger who was by the look of her mussel was a mare, She simply kicked the stallion away sending him flying, this caught purebreds attention away from the young trembling mare. Trotting over to the scene of the commotion. "What is going on here you fools can't handle a single mare." Purebred lit his horn shooting a white aura at the mare she made no move to get out of the way or escape. Pure bred removed the mare's hood reveling a black coat and green maned mare. Then she smiled.

In a low raspy tone she spoke. "You think you are making Equestria a better place? It’s Ponies like you that is wrong Equestria.” Purebred looked at the mare as tough he had heard this a thousand times before. Then she smiled and spoke. “There’s only 1 thing I will tell you. You fools will never find Star town?"

For whatever reason this caught Purebreds attention. “Who are you!?"

The still floating and restrain mare burst into green flames reveling herself to be.

"A changeling!" Twilight yelled over the crowd. But something was off. Her mane her body, no holes and a full mane still barring the webbed wings and bug like feathers. Twilight's yell must have caught her attention as well, but not only to her but she made notice of spike and gem as well. Meeting eyes with Twilight she winked. As the changeling charged her horn and in a flash they were all gone. Purebred and the others.

"Twilight, what was a changeling doing here" spike asked

"I don't know spike, but whatever it is it can't be good. I'm going to check the other passenger to make sure everyone's OK.

~~~~~~~~~~10 hours later at Appaloosa train station~~~~~~~~~~


"Well at least the rest of the train ride was uneventful." Spike said with relief in his voice.

"Yes but there no time to relax now, we have to find This Moonshard and find out what Purebred and that changeling have to do with Appaloosa."

Trotting thru Appaloosa, Twilight and Spike asked every pony they saw. But no pony seemed to know anyone buy the name Moonshard.

"Twilight...Twilight!" That over excited country voice could not be mistaken.

"Breaburn!" Twilight caught sight of Breaburn as he was approaching.

"I knew it had to be you, Word travels quickly when a princess is in town. What brings you to this side of Equestria?"

"Well........"

"Daddy I’m hungry" Gem interrupted.

"Well get you something to eat soon honey, be patient for daddy, OK?"

Breaburn took notice of the small foul calling spike daddy. Then looked back at twilight who was about to continue her explanation as to why they were here. Breaburn put a hoof to her mouth and shook his head with the oddest smile on his face. "Ah I See, go down the street 2 blocks to the right a bar named The Cherry pit, Tell the Bartender. His name is Last Call. Tell him who you’re looking for. Oh and congratulants. "With that Breaburn took his leave no explanation or reason as to why.

Confused but Grateful for some kind of a lead. Twilight, Spike and gem made their way to the bar. Upon entering the bar spike and Twilight noticed it was oddly clean for a bar. But they paid no mind as they made their way to the bar something came to Spikes Mind. Ponyville was used to having a dragon in town so some shops had come accustomed to selling gems in there menu. But this was way out in the country. Gem could eat hay, oats and other greens but wanting to be like daddy she had grown accustomed to eating gems.

"Gem sweaty, you’re going to have to have greens in till we get home, OK sweaty?"

"Are you going to be eating them too daddy?"

"Yes"

"Then it’s OK daddy"

("Child logic") Spike thought to himself.

Twilight was the first to make it to the bar. "Excuse me Sir" getting the attention of the bar tender. "Would you happen to be Last Call?"

"Why yes I am you highness, How can I help you?"

"We are looking for some pony."

"Well I know a lot of ponies your highness you’re going to have to be a little more specific than that."

"Well I don't know their first name but the last name is Moonshard." The bar tender noticeably twitched at the mention of that name.

"Humm, Can’t say I know any pony by that name, sorry."

"Really? Well thanks anyway we will have to keep on looking."

Spike was helping gem up to the bar. When Twilight told him the bar tender did not know this Moonshard pony. "Ah I see now." Twilight and spike did not know who the bar tender was talking to. When they turned back to see, He was giving gem a bowl of sapphires from behind the bar. Then he turned his attention to Twilight and Spike. "Up stairs third door on the right is a guest room. Sorry there's only one bed.

Twilight and Spike as confused as ever each for their own reasons. But before they could ask.

"He won’t be here until morning. Even then I can’t guarantee he will talk to you."

“He?” Twilight said. Is there any way we can reach him sooner? It’s an emergency.”

“Unfortunately no he goes home at sunset, he stops here to make a daily delivery. But outside of that not many ponies know how to get ahold of them. Feel free to stick around here or go see the town but there’s not much we can do until then.”
Spike and Twilight didn't know what to make of today but this was the only lead they had on saving Princess Luna. Gem was just happy she did not have to eat greens. They explored the town to try and find Breaburn but oddly enough he was nowhere to be found. Even stranger Twilight and Spike had prepared themselves for the same reaction to Gem as Purebred on the train. But this was not the case at least not in the majority case.


~~~~~~The next morning~~~~~~~


"Mr. Call sir, Can I have some juice and more sapphires?" gem was well rested and riled up as always.

"Good morning, Last Call." Twilight said "When will Moonshard be here?"

Turning his head to look at booth the corner of the room. "He's here, but he won’t be awake for Seville hours."

"That’s him?" Twilight took notice of a clocked figure sleeping in the booth. "He’ll have to wake up now, this can’t wait."

"That won't go well and you’re going to want that dragon with you as well."

Was this going to get violent? That he thought Spike would be Extra protection?

"I have to try" Twilight ignored Last Call's warning. Trotting over to the clocked pony. "Excuse me are you Moonshard by chance?" A twitch came from under the cloak.

"My name is Twilight sparkle and We need your help." No movement. "I was sent by princess Luna." another Twitch. This time the pony spoke in a half asleep voice.

"Can’t help you come back........never."

Twilight was getting upset she did not have time for this. “Look you Princess Luna is in trouble and she said you could help. So help us, help her." Twilight was noticeably yelling at this point."

Spike had come down from the room and had a few sapphires himself before joining Twilight after she started yelling.

"Twilight is everything OK?" spike asked

The clocked pony made no movement. Then Gem joined them "Daddy can we go get some candy?" This time the clocked pony made a sniffing sound without removing his hood he spoke.

"You young Drakony, what is your name?"

None of them knew who the clocked stranger was talking to. “Daughter of dragons and ponies........what is your name?"

"Her name is Gem.....Gem song, why?" twilight took to a defensive stance. Remembering the incident on the train. And not wanting to take any chances.

"Gem Song What a lovely name" He said in a softer voice then before. "Why are you here?"

Twilight lashed out in irritation. "I told you Princess Luna needs help!"

No Movement he simply repeated himself "why are you here?"

Now Twilight was getting really upset. "I told......" spike stooped her from blowing up again in the middle of the bar.

"Twilight remember what Princess Luna said."

Twilight had forgotten all together. "There is a fallen star here looking for a home."

The cloaked pony finally moved arching his back to stretch out and removed his hood. Twilight and spike were frozen in fear buy what they saw. Gem on the other has screamed."AHHHHHHHH! Oh wow your just like flame charge. Do u know him?" This caught everyone off guard. Even the previously cloaked pony/wolf hybrid guy. Who was now giggling uncontrollably? "What?” Gem said confused.

"Gem Sweaty, are you saying you know him?"

"No. But I know someone like him. Princess Luna let me play with him before in my dreams."

Before Twilight, Spike and Gem stood not a pony well not fully he looked to be a wolf in a pony’s body. A gray coat his mane had streaks of blue and green. They could only amuse his tale if he even had one was the same and when he stretched, we're those wings?

"Hay Call Let Me Get another hard cider." Moonshard called out. “To answer your question Gem, Flame charge is my nephew. As for you too you can stop staring at any time."

"Sorry it’s just we've never seen any pony like you." Twilight said "If you don't mind me asking what are you?"

"I am a hybrid like little Gem here, by the way where is her mother?"

Spike caught this question. "She's back home, she was to pregnant to come"

"A second child? You must really love this little pony and you haven't come to us before you must live in a nice place. Even here I can only come to this bar. Sad I know but the drink is good."

Twilight did not want to seem rude but Time was not on their side, At best they only had a few days left to save Luna. “I’m sorry to interrupt but we were sent here to find something to save Princess Luna from slipping into an endless nightmare."

"I heard you the first time. Now look right now there's nothing I can do you'll have to come back at around 6pm. before we can do anything, but I suggest you get more sleep before then you’re going to need it.

"Time is not on our side every second counts." twilight made sure her point was heard.

"I understand that but there is nothing we can do while the sun is up."

They did not understand what he meant but even spike could see the sadness and concern in his crimson red eyes.

"Very well we will be back at 6:pm." twilight said turning to go back to the room. "One last thing before we go what is your name?"

The wolf/pony looked up from his newly refilled drink. "Keba........Keba Moonshard."